Last one to post Wins!!
  Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
ebonaskavi
Posted: 25 October 2007 - 10:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 966
Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Lothithil @ 24 October 2007 - 08:15 PM)
The CEO of a big company was standing and staring at a paper shredder when the newest member of the staff came into the room.

"Hi! I rarely get down here into things," the CEO said with a touch of embarassment, "could you show me how to use this machine?"

"Certainly," the fresh young intern said, eager to prove himself to the boss. "Just turn this on like this, and put your paper in this slot."

"Great," the boss said as the paper slowly disappeared into the machine. "I just need one copy."

doh.gif D'OH!!




laugh.gif *steals the win*

I love it!! laugh.gif

But the win is still mine ....



Dreams are important, otherwise sleep is just eight hours of nothing.

I call it an obstacle course. Some of the others call it MacGyverland.

Must have duct tape ... Lots of duct tape.

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Tygr
Posted: 25 October 2007 - 08:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 9 Apr 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: United States
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Easy Target
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft



QUOTE (Lothithil @ 24 October 2007 - 10:15 PM)
The CEO of a big company was standing and staring at a paper shredder when the newest member of the staff came into the room.

"Hi! I rarely get down here into things," the CEO said with a touch of embarassment, "could you show me how to use this machine?"

"Certainly," the fresh young intern said, eager to prove himself to the boss. "Just turn this on like this, and put your paper in this slot."

"Great," the boss said as the paper slowly disappeared into the machine. "I just need one copy."

doh.gif D'OH!!




laugh.gif *steals the win*

surprise.gif roller.gif

*Wins*



'Tis unwise to wake the Tygr.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 26 October 2007 - 03:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Intern looks for nearest desk to hide under. laugh.gif

Just goes to show, its all about the clarity of communication.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 05:15 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



So, I'm "back" (though I never really left...) I've been obsessing about the wildfires in southern California. When MSNBC had a news crew in Canyon Country (where my dad lives) my heart just dropped. He dropped me a note when the power came back on to say that everyone was okay, but nothing since. Which for me is good. We have a deal with disaster situations... one initial call to see if everyone is okay, then a call when it's "all clear". Saves the cell phones batteries for emergencies.

Between hurricanes, wildfires, mudslides, earthquakes, floods, drought, etc... it's really fun to live in the US. blink.gif

So, I'm of an opinion that no news is good news. *crosses fingers*

So... what's going on here? Do I win?



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 05:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yes! You do win!

... Or you did, until I chimed in and stole the win! rolleyes.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
j12752
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 06:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



....and you did until I chimed in!



 
                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 07:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Oh dagnabit...

Oh well.

Well, it's hard to wear your heart on your sleeve if all you own is tanktops.

(I have an unending supply of puns...) biggrin.gif



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 07:14 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I hear you trtl. We have family in So Cal too. They are a little further north and east of the fires so have not been worrying about flames. They did say that the smoke is really bad.

They updated their house and have done lots of fireproofing, including putting a flame resistant roof on their house and painting the house with flame retardant epoxy based paint. Its very expensive, they said the cost of the roof alone was a little over $10,000. ohmy.gif

Yeah, fires, floods, tornados, hurricanes, droughts, blizzards, dust storms, rockslides and avalanches. Welcome to the USA, where we get it all.

Glad to hear that your dad is ok. Sending positive thoughts to you and your dad for continued good news.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 29 October 2007 - 03:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Thanks, Grrl.

Y'know, I can't imagining living anywhere else. And we're still going forward with our plans to move back to California in two years. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment...

I understand the pull to California. It's a really beautiful and diverse state. Just like New York. I may not always like the politics, but you get that anywhere. I'm just not going back to Las Vegas. One less family to eat up their resources.

But we (hubster and I) both have family out there, where here I'm fairly isolated. Pretty state, but I'm used to living in or near big cities.



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 29 October 2007 - 02:46 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



user posted image



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 29 October 2007 - 02:54 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



laugh.gif *snicker!*



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
ebonaskavi
Posted: 29 October 2007 - 03:04 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 966
Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



love it!! biggrin.gif



Dreams are important, otherwise sleep is just eight hours of nothing.

I call it an obstacle course. Some of the others call it MacGyverland.

Must have duct tape ... Lots of duct tape.

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 29 October 2007 - 03:21 PM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



I love.jpg that picture. ...and its message. happy.gif



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 29 October 2007 - 03:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



laugh.gif

Reminds me of a postcard I found in a vintage shop years ago. A little girl is kneeling beside her bed saying her evening prayer.

Dear Lord, thank you for the nice face but the fat *** has go to go.

The friend I sent it to kept it for years.




Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
ebonaskavi
Posted: 2 November 2007 - 05:12 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 966
Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Everyone's run away!! Come back!!

*roaming MOL in search of other crazed MacGyver fans*



Dreams are important, otherwise sleep is just eight hours of nothing.

I call it an obstacle course. Some of the others call it MacGyverland.

Must have duct tape ... Lots of duct tape.

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 3 November 2007 - 04:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I am running away, but only for the weekend. I'm road tripping to Moab. We are driving down tomorrow and going to Arches National Park and maybe Dead Horse Point.

Its supposed to be nice weather all weekend,so we are just having one last fling before the snow flies for good.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 3 November 2007 - 05:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 2 November 2007 - 11:38 PM)
We are driving down tomorrow and going to Arches National Park and maybe Dead Horse Point.


Dead Horse Point... isn't that the location where MacGyver flew with the Eagles? happy.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 3 November 2007 - 09:15 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



No Dead Horse Point is the crash site in the opening gambit of the Pilot episode.

4th set down under "other locations"



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 4 November 2007 - 04:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 3 November 2007 - 12:38 AM)
I am running away, but only for the weekend. I'm road tripping to Moab. We are driving down tomorrow and going to Arches National Park and maybe Dead Horse Point.

Its supposed to be nice weather all weekend,so we are just having one last fling before the snow flies for good.

Oooo... beautiful area. I've never been there; only seen pictures, but wow!!

Have fun! (...and take pics.) biggrin.gif



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 4 November 2007 - 10:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip someone the bird.



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 4 November 2007 - 12:08 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Love it! laugh.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 4 November 2007 - 07:39 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Nymphalopolis @ 3 November 2007 - 03:47 PM)
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip someone the bird.

It takes even more muscles to throw a conniption fit, and they keep telling us we need to exercise more, so I'm just doing what I can to promote a healthier lifestyle.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 5 November 2007 - 03:41 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



laugh.gif

I needed this little trip. I've been very disillusioned with my job lately. In fact, Thursday night I was contmeplating quitting. I went and played casino games at a friend's house and then Friday my husband's best friend called and said lets go to Moab. I didn't think twice, so instead of working all weekend on the stuff I brought from my office, I said "bleep it" and ran away from home.

We had the best time. I took a couple of short hikes, got clearance from the doctor to start working out again BTW. Oh man have I lost a lot of strength and endurance. Give me a couple of months and I'll be able to do those hikes with no problem.

Check out my MacGyverism in the House Boat section.

I took lots of pictures and I'll post them sometime this week.

It was good to spend time under clear blue skies and sunshine with the people I love most. I even think I'll keep my job, at least for a few more days. biggrin.gif



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 6 November 2007 - 09:51 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Moab's beautiful! Great place to spend a spontaneous weekend. Do share the photos, please!



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Berni
Posted: 6 November 2007 - 10:13 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 71
Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Austria
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:can't decide
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



And yet another place I have to add to my "If I go to North America eventually I have to visit the following locations"-list biggrin.gif (originally started with the places where they shot MacGyver episodes)

Actually I'm planning to spend a year in the US, but it looks like I'll have to move and spend the rest of my life in the US to be able to visit most of the places on my list happy.gif

Looking forward to pictures smile.gif post some, please



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 7 November 2007 - 09:25 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Grrlfriend @ 4 November 2007 - 08:41 PM)
I took a couple of short hikes, got clearance from the doctor to start working out again BTW.  Oh man have I lost a lot of strength and endurance.  Give me a couple of months and I'll be able to do those hikes with no problem.

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Grrl! Don't scare us like that again, OK?



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 9 November 2007 - 07:47 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yes Mom. This last couple of months has been tough physically, mentally and emotionally. The short hop to Moab has done wonders to rejuvenate my spirit. I'm feeling much better, in fact I'm working on a series of special art projects this weekend. One is for the Children's Justice Center for their charity fundraising auction. The other is an entry for an art book. I'm hoping to make the cut and win a spot in the book. If I do, I will be a nationally published artist!

And I'm learning a new skill--dealing craps! biggrin.gif



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 01:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Okay, we've let Grrrl win for long enough!

I had to stop dating my zombie sweetheart -- I realised he only wanted me for my brains.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 04:23 PM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Punny! tongue.gif

Yeah... can't let Grrl win! wink.gif

So... Vampires are always looking for their necks victim.

*total silence*

dry.gif

rolleyes.gif

happy.gif



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 04:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



*groans* laugh.gif

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? unsure.gif




Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (197) « First ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll