 |
| Everhappy |
|

DXS Operative
   
Posts: 252
Joined: 4 May 2007
Gender: Female
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Lookalikes
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Good Knight MacGyver
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat

|
Can't resist the urge, have to post this one:
When Hell freezes over
A true story.
A thermodynamics professor had written a take home exam for his graduate students. It had one question:
Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with a proof.
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however wrote the following:
First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant.
#1 So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.
#2 Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the postulate given me by Therese Banyan during Freshman year, and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true, and hell is exothermic.
The student got the only A.

O’Neill: I don’t know what to do Carter: You spent seven years on MacGyver, and you can’t figure this one out? You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick. Now, you’re Mr. MacUseless.
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
I would love to visit Canada someday. I had almost lived in Toronto.
|
| |
|
| Lothithil |
|

Director of Intelligence
        
Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat

|
What can you sit on, sleep on, and brush your teeth with? ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ A chair, a bed, and a toothbrush!
Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.
Old troubleshooters never die... They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
| QUOTE (Mac @ 8 June 2007 - 08:15 PM) | | QUOTE (Sheepy @ 8 June 2007 - 02:58 PM) | I would love to visit Canada someday.
I had almost lived in Toronto. |
Toronto sucks and is not a good embassador for Canada. Count yourself lucky to not have had to move there.
Come to Ottawa, though. Great town!!!
Mac
|
Is Toronto that bad? I had heard it had a bit of a European feel to it. I had applied for a job there and was -this close- to being hired. But when all the final forms had to be filled out the manager somehow disappeared???
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
Too bad,... I have friends living in Missisauga and I would soooo love to visit your country! Btw, Miss Hilton is ordered back to jail.
|
| |
|
| Mac |
|

DXS Agent
    
Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat

|
| QUOTE (Sheepy @ 8 June 2007 - 04:42 PM) | I have friends living in Missisauga and I would soooo love to visit your country! |
Mississauga is typical suburbia, but it's a good launching place to visit Toronto (which you do have to visit once in your life) as well as the 'Golden Horseshoe' area which includes the famed Niagara Falls. I'd reply to other posts individually, but I think it's silly that I have to waste 1 minute between posts, so here goes: Astra and your steamroller jokes:  (especially the rooms one) Nymphy and your height joke: GROAN (and  ) Mac
"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate. My fandoms are getting to be confusing."
|
| |
|
|
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
|
|
 |
 |
Track this topic
Receive email notification when a reply has been made to this topic and you are not active on the board.
Subscribe to this forum
Receive email notification when a new topic is posted in this forum and you are not active on the board.
Download / Print this Topic
Download this topic in different formats or view a printer friendly version.
|
|
 |
|