Last one to post Wins!!
  Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Lothithil
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 04:15 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yay! Grrrl's back! Cookies for everyone! happy_dance.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 04:24 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Grrl)
Throws whopee cushion at Beth and snags back the chair.  That was rather rude, by the way.

Yes, the whoopee cushion is rather rude, but we forgive you anyway.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 05:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Well, considering the alternative.........consider yourself lucky its the substitue for the real thing.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 05:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Eeewwww!!!

*offers cookie as token of peace* Don't worry -- no Cow Chips.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 05:34 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Accepts cookie graciously. Thank you.

QUOTE
Eeewwww!!!


laugh.gif





Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



*jumps up and down on sofa*

Believing in alien spirits does not a cult make!

laugh.gif



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 09:28 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



But it helps.........and why are you jumping on the furniture? My kid gets in big trouble for that.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 10:02 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I saw someone on TV doing it, so thought it must be ok to do. wink.gif

Strangely enough, that same person beleves in alien spirits.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 20 May 2008 - 01:41 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Franco @ 20 May 2008 - 02:03 PM)
And no one can say it simply as it reads, a-may-zing. They usually have to say it AAAMAAAZING. Seriously, I'm on a truman show or something. What is wrong with people? unsure.gif

huh.gif They've been watching too much season 6 Stargate SG-1?



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 20 May 2008 - 02:54 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Define 'too much', please...

*laughs* laugh.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 20 May 2008 - 03:24 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Too much is when it interferes with everything else



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 21 May 2008 - 12:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



laugh.gif Franco... you're starting to worry me, too.

I don't think you'll regret getting to know Stargate SG-1. That show was actually my entrée into the wonderful world of RDA admiration. After watching multiple seasons of SG-1, I ordered and bought MacGvyer... and I've never regretted it for a moment!

Along the way, I also found 'Legend' The Adventures of Nicodemus Legend, a regretfully-short-lived TV series that RDA co-produced and starred in, as well as a few movies that range from Odd to Aaamaazing! tongue.gif

We'll always have MacGyver to come back to, when we need some rescuing or to borrow a paperclip to fix the DVD player. biggrin.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 21 May 2008 - 12:34 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Franco, I know what you mean -- I found Stargate hard to get into at first. (Actually, I found it impossible at first.) It's well worth the effort, though. RDA's character evolves a lot in the course of the first season; I really didn't care for him until the second.

And Legend is a howl -- hard to find (thanks, Lothi!!), and well worth the effort as well!



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 21 May 2008 - 01:36 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Franknbeanz)
Name the  Mac character, episode, etc, who wears a t-shirt with my avatar on it.

Mac's ex-girlfriend Debra in 'The Road Not Taken'

"The Tiger's could have used your help this year!" laugh.gif
QUOTE
I've been a little hesistant to watch it, too, because RDA is Macgyver to me.  It just irks me, for no particular reason.

Actually, it's kind of funny that you should mention that... I felt like that when I heard that they were going to make a TV series out of Stargate. I loved the movie, and found the idea distasteful that they were going to make the central character of the story O'Neill instead of Daniel Jackson! *outraged fan face*

But oh, was I in for a delightful surprise! Michaels Shanks takes the role of Daniel Jackson and totally makes it his own! And O'Neill... well, I love Kurt Russel, but I have lost my heart and mind to RDA. biggrin.gif

You're going to love it! cool.jpg



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 21 May 2008 - 02:11 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Stargate rocks.........and I have recently gotten into Stargate Atlantis. I love the interchange between the characters and use episodes from both shows as studies for how characters talk and interact with one another.

Give both series a try. I think you will enjoy them.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 21 May 2008 - 07:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE
I've been a little hesistant to watch it, too, because RDA is Macgyver to me.  It just irks me, for no particular reason.

well you be REALLY supprised at how much he isn't MacGyver in SG:1

You completely forget that your watching the same guy who played MacGyver.

It's been said that the true mark of a real actor is that they turn into the character and you forget that your watching the actor.

Some actors are always so-and-so playing a character, but with a really good actor, you forget about other roles they have played, or even who they are, they simply become the character.

RDA did it with MacGyver in the 80's,and now he's done it again in SG:1. In fact if you watch him in Legend, he does it there too.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 22 May 2008 - 02:34 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



He did it in that creepy movie where he played a psycho stalker living in the walls of a house we was remodeling. Through the Eyes of a Killer is the title, I think and it was the first or second project he did right after MacGyver. I watched the movie and it was so totally freaky to see 'Macgyver' playing this evil twisted bad guy.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 23 May 2008 - 02:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I think RDA had a lot of fun being 'bad' after so many years of being MacGyver!

I like a little 'Dark Side' from RDA occasionally! biggrin.gif I think that's why I like the Jack O'Neill character so much. He's a good guy... sometimes he's downright goofy... but he has a darker side and he's haunted. cool.jpg



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 23 May 2008 - 08:46 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



*Jumps in after a looooong absence*

Hi everyone! biggrin.gif

ANYWAY...

It was REALLY creepy to watch him as the stalker unsure.gif in the movie with Susan Dey. Beyond Betrayal?

I know he likes to play on his goofy side, but he really grabs my attention with the dramatic, angsty roles.




"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 23 May 2008 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Oh, I know...he is SO good in those roles!



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 23 May 2008 - 02:07 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I haven't managed to see "Beyond Betrayal", yet, but I loved "Through the Eyes of a Killer" -- even though it's exactly the kind of movie I would never ordinarily watch. Suspense films don't usually appeal to me. But suspense films don't usually have RDA in them, stealing the show. wub.gif Talk about blatant larceny . . .

I thought it was a terrific film, but I don't think it would have been particularly good if RDA hadn't made his role so much more than it was.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 23 May 2008 - 02:49 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Strawberries... wub.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 23 May 2008 - 04:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Look at me! I just reached 4000 posts!

I have entirely too much free time! LOL! laugh.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 12:58 PM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Your avatar is mezmerizing, Loth. I keep staring at it, waiting for his hair to lay down flat...

biggrin.gif



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 01:03 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Franco)
'Macgyver' a killer? a stalker? An evil, twisted bad guy? Oh the horror that that would inflict on my psyche just catching a glimpse of it.

Therein lies the difference between the actor and the character. Trust me, that is not MacGyver in the movie. RDA deliberately did the role as a mold-breaking move, after the series had ended.

QUOTE
Just knowing that it exists has been enough to cause me to lose sleep.

I recommend whacking yourself over the head with a trout until you feel better. biggrin.gif Or lose consciousness.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 01:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacBeth @ 23 May 2008 - 09:38 PM)
Therein lies the difference between the actor and the character.  Trust me, that is not MacGyver in the movie.  RDA deliberately did the role as a mold-breaking move, after the series had ended.

And it didn't work, either. Invariably it comes back to RDA being categorized as "best known as MacGyver", even though the SG-1 role lasted longer, and received more accolades for his work.

I think I've seen RDA in every role he's played, starting with General Hospital. He's a terrific actor, and believable in each and every role he's played.

My favorite non-MacGyver (and SG-1) role was Pandora's Clock. I wish he had done a few more of those kind of roles. But the Movie of the Week era is long gone.



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 02:16 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I only saw about 10 minutes of Pandora's Clock. I'm going to have to get the DVD if I want to see the movie. I was working shifts at the time and not able to see it. It was a two part feature if I remember correctly.




Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Well, Amazon.com had it for a pre-order, but yanked the offer away. I had asked (Amazon) if they were going to offer it again, and it was suggested that I write to the network... Yeah, good luck with that. dry.gif

I'm still stuck with my VCR copy-to-disc. It's not too bad of a copy, and it's watchable. It's just not the quality of a newly-minted DVD. *sigh*



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 05:27 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (trtlkins)
Well, Amazon.com had it for a pre-order, but yanked the offer away. I had asked (Amazon) if they were going to offer it again, and it was suggested that I write to the network... Yeah, good luck with that.  dry.gif


Me, too! I was so punked when they did that! Canceled my preorder on S2 of Dexter, too, the dirty rats!

*fumes mightily* dry.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 05:45 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Well thanks guys for saving me from a fruitless frustrating search. Don't think I want to spend my time hunting around for something that doesn't exist.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (197) « First ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll