Grudge match, MacGyver vs. O'Neill
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
Who would win?
MacGyver [ 14 ]  [60.87%]
Jack O'Neill [ 9 ]  [39.13%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 7 July 2007 - 05:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



the scene

The mid day sun beats down on the old wreckers yard as MacGyver pulls into the wrecking yards workshop area.

As he gets out of his jeep a deep crashing waterfall sound from the other end of the yard is heard as a worm hole opens up. From the shimmering water like StarGate steps Jack O'Niell.

O'Neill pauses and looks at MacGyver...

"This universe ain't big enough for the booth of us." yells O'Neill.

"Then leave." answers MacGyver.

"You first." replies O'Neill as he loads his gun


The compitition

Each has their signature equipment with them.. sak and duct tape for MacGyver.. automatic weapon, hand gun for O'Neill.

They can use anything they can find in and around the wreckers yard to aid their battle.

Who wins... and why?



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 7 July 2007 - 06:01 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



MacGyver. Intelligence and ingenuity beat out sneakiness. Besides, eventually Jack runs out of ammo......and we find him wrapped in duct tape and hanging from a pole. MacGyver wouldn't kill him. Mac would build a DHD from scrap auto parts, a coat hanger, a shoe lace and battery acid and then he would send Jack back where he came from.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 7 July 2007 - 10:12 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Duel at high noon eh? When suspense rises and reaches peak, they'd fall in each others arms like old friends and go and have a drink.

In case they fight it out, I'd say a draw.

Otherwise O' Neill with his handgun, by the time MacGyver fixed an ism, he's dead already. Unless O' Neill shoots with blanks, than of course Mac'll win.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 04:58 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Well this is a no brainer. O'Neill. He doesn't load his gun after he goes through the worm hole. Geez. rolleyes.gif

Bang! MacGyver drops. huh.gif

Why you wanna go and do this Rocky? sad.gif Now I'm going to have a bad dream. unsure.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 05:19 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Mac wins. Without a doubt.
He has had guns pointed at him dozens of times before and he always came up with a way out. So will he this time.

Wits win over bullets. Not always unfortunately. But it does in my world.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 05:26 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Oh come on you wussies! tongue.gif Be pratical about it. If Jack sprayed from his P-90 MacGyver would never stand a chance.

Not pretty, don't like the scenerio, but I think poor ole Mac would be a gonner. sad.gif

Matter of fact I really don't like the scenerio! mad.gif What's with you Rocky?!?! boxing.gif You channeling MGod or something?? laugh.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 05:29 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Noooooo!!! If you question Mac's abilities now, you just might as well question the entire show.
Go Mac, go Mac!!! We still believe in you!!!!
Run!!!

and then kick O'Neill's well shaped behind!!!!



 
                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 05:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Sheepy @ 8 July 2007 - 05:58 AM)
O'Neill's well shaped behind!!!!

One thing we'll agree on in this thread. happy.gif

(but you're still being a wuss harhar.gif )



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 05:36 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE
(but you're still being a wuss  )

You're absolutely right. biggrin.gif laugh.gif Can't stand injustice.
But try and tick me off and then tell me again if I'm a sissy boxing.gif harhar.gif






((((NYMPHY))))



 
                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 05:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



YOU are being an "I don't want MacGyver to die" sissy! laugh.gif harhar.gif

huh.gif *RUNS!*



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 08:40 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I must admit I'm having a difficult time imagining this scenario, partly because when I write about MacGyver and Jack O'Neill together, they're cousins and they have a fairly decent relationship. Sure, they obviously don't agree on many things (guns being the biggest disagreement between the two of them), but they respect each other. Still, it is creative to wonder who would win in a fight.

Realistically (and unfortunately), I think Jack's guns would win; however, if O'Neill wasn't allowed to use his guns, he might have to work harder against Mac's ingenious devices and obstacles set up to stop him. Both of them are pretty strong, so a hand to hand fight between them could become intense, even if Mac doesn't like to punch people. This scenario reminds me of Jack O'Neill fighting his robot self in Double Jeopardy! happy.gif I could see it being very similar.

I like both of them, though, so this is tough for me. unsure.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 08:51 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Sorry Sheepy, I think I'm with Nymphy here tongue.gif

If Jack actually starts to shoot, that is. Question is, will he? Are we talking about the O'Neill from the earlier seasons, the "Shoot first, ask later" one? Or about the one that learnt a thing or two in all these years from Daniel?

I actually think he would wait for Mac to make an approach before shooting. And Mac maybe waiting for the same thing - so they just would stand there in all eternity, and waiting for the other to start laugh.gif


How's that, Nymphy?



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 09:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



MacGyver dives for cover behind a row of stacked up car shells as Jack fires a spray of bullets as he approaches MacGyvers position... MacGyver quietly works his way further back into the seemingly endless rows of car shells....

and the hunt begins...



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 10:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Is this becoming a fanfic, Rock? wink.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 10:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



A roundrobin, maybe... could be fun! Jack-fans against Mac-fans! laugh.gif

I'm still with Jack. He learnt a lot in this Special ops, ya know.



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 10:04 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



nope.. just setting the scene of how MacGyver might not be shot within the first 10 second of the match.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 10:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Astra @ 8 July 2007 - 09:20 AM)
Sorry Sheepy, I think I'm with Nymphy here tongue.gif

If Jack actually starts to shoot, that is. Question is, will he? Are we talking about the O'Neill from the earlier seasons, the "Shoot first, ask later" one? Or about the one that learnt a thing or two in all these years from Daniel?

I actually think he would wait for Mac to make an approach before shooting. And Mac maybe waiting for the same thing - so they just would stand there in all eternity, and waiting for the other to start laugh.gif


How's that, Nymphy?

I'm just going with the premise Rocky laid out. laugh.gif

You agree? dry.gif Yet the vote count hasn't altered. laugh.gif *shakes finger* You're waffeling! tongue.gif laugh.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
tandt14
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 11:41 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 194
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Land of Confusion
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I hate to say it but I think that Jack would win. He shoots first and asks questions later. However, if Mac could somehow avoid Jack (like Rock suggested), then Mac would win--hands down!!!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 07:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Jack shoots first and yet MacGyver has escaped from bombs, machine guns, helicpoter gunships, bazookas................



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted on 8 July 2007 - 08:11 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 8 July 2007 - 08:48 AM)
Jack shoots first and yet MacGyver has escaped from bombs, machine guns, helicpoter gunships, bazookas................

My point exactly!!!

Thank you MacGyverGrrl! notworthy.gif laugh.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 01:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (MacNymph @ 8 July 2007 - 12:49 AM)
You agree?  dry.gif Yet the vote count hasn't altered.  laugh.gif *shakes finger* You're waffeling!  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

Are you happy now? laugh.gif

It's 3:3 now. Even.



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
j12752
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 02:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



MacGyver wins because brains always beat out brawn. Brawn will tire, or run out of ammo touse, while brains keep going



 
                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 03:09 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



happy.gif

You guys keep saying "run out of ammo". laugh.gif

It' just takes one bullet and Jack is no slouch. wink.gif




Jay "You're in denial"
RDA "Ya think? Just a little"

laugh.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Old Fan
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 06:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 374
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Kind of upsetting... why would these 2 highly intelligent people - albiet their differing styles - want to hurt each other? Jack has been duplicated in one form or another a number of times - and none of them were his evil twin - or anyone that he had to do battle with. And Mac would be totally intriuged by a twin - well... sort of. He would want to find out how this happened and probably get to know Jack, and help him get back to his own (alternate) universe.

You're scaring me Rock... mellow.gif jeep.gif



That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 10:03 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



it's interesting that you all assume they have to kill each other.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 10:34 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



You're the one that has Jack loading a gun. Why would he load if he doesn't intend to shoot Mac?

dry.gif You've got a warpped sense of what's fun Rocky mad.gif boxing.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
jackwabbit
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 10:50 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Ok, ok...I'm new here, but I have to get in on this. I have to confess that I voted straight off without reading the scenario. My vote went to Jack. I was thinking fistfight. However, after reading the scenario, I confess again that my first reaction was 'oh, well, maybe not...hm...no, Mac definitely here...a junkyard, you say? Lots to play with there...he could totally take out Jack. If Jack couldn't use his guns or ran out of ammo or whatever, or even if he could, Mac would trick him into trapping himself, etc, and then it would be all over. So, bottom line, as has been said, it all depends on if Jack opens up and if so if Mac avoids the first volley.

You be the judge.

I say again, however, if it came to blows-Jack.

Also, I'm liking this thread very much for producing plot bunnies. It is almost becoming a bit of a story, and while I need no more plot bunnies, they are a jumping! I already have one crossover in mind, and while in general I neither read or really enjoy crossovers, there are some that work very well. I'm hoping mine will be one of those, but we'll see. MacChick-cousins, hm? Me likey.

Oh, and I think the best idea I've heard all day is the one where they fall into each other's arms at the end and call a truce. Oh, yeah...that works for me.



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
jackwabbit
Posted on 9 July 2007 - 10:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



PS-this is like asking me to choose between my kidneys!



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted on 10 July 2007 - 06:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Mac vs. Jack.

Hmmm... can't they be mud wrestling instead? Or Jell-O wrestling? I'd watch... shirts optional? blush.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Though I'd go with Jack in a battle scenario anytime (He is Special Ops after all... and has no compunction at shooting a known enemy if threatened) I just don't see him shooting blindly at someone for all intents and purposes, is unarmed and not visibly a threat.

And Jack wouldn't run out of ammo, because he wouldn't spray bullets out all willy-nilly. He's been in the military too long to make a rookie mistake. He'd be counting his rounds. And he'd probably down Mac anyway in one shot if he wanted. Which brings me back to Mac appearing to be no threat (at least at first...) to Jack.

I personally think that Jack isn't the dummy that he wants everyone to think he is, and when presented with a scenario where tactics are key, then he'd win... hands down. BUT, no one can come up with the crazy, yet scientifically sound scenarios that Mac can on the fly. Mac could win for pure ingenuity and speed of a solution. (Jack leaves the science stuff for Carter...) And they're both quick thinkers.

This seems to be a no-win situation, and I'm no writer, so no round robin from me.

The only thing I can think of that it's a training exercise, or a game...

Hmmm. hmm.bmp

(And yes, I'm a Jack fan...)



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted on 10 July 2007 - 07:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (trtlsoup @ 9 July 2007 - 09:22 PM)
I just don't see him shooting blindly at someone for all intents and purposes, is unarmed and not visibly a threat. 


That's what I was trying to say, but you said it so much better.

QUOTE
I personally think that Jack isn't the dummy that he wants everyone to think he is


Exactly!



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 9 July 2007 - 12:32 AM)
it's interesting that you all assume they have to kill each other.

Well, how else would you determine that Jack won? laugh.gif

As long as he only captures and immobilizes Mac he will be able to free himself and it all starts over again.

An eternal fight.



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll