HURRICANE IKE
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
SHEILA
  Posted: 12 September 2008 - 04:24 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



Hey guys just want to share with all of you that I may not be on line for a while due to the hurricane that is comming. I do not live on the coast but I live in East Texas. The eye wall of the storm is going to be passing over the county I live in.

We are going to be getting 4 - 10 inches of rain. 40 to 50 mile winds and also I work for a energy company and I will be reporting power outages for people. I am also in the Civil Air Patrol and my unit might get activated.But I can't be sure on that.


I just wanted to let everyone that,so if anyone askes why I have not been on line for a while. If I get a chance I will give you a play by play of the storm.

Hurricane Ike will make land fall Saturday morning on the Texas coast.

Talk at ya later guys.



Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 12 September 2008 - 04:34 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Yikes! Stay safe, Sheila, please? And let us know that you're all right.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 12 September 2008 - 04:42 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Hurricane Yikes!

Stay safe, Shelia! We'll be thinking about you and hoping everyone comes through okay.



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
A. MacGyver
Posted: 12 September 2008 - 05:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 648
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Tinker Small

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Too hard to choose.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Stay Safe, and don't go playing Hero...



MacGyver: What do you want from me?
Zoie: To help me find the holy grail!
MacGyver: Indiana Jones already did that, I saw the movie!

 
PMMSN                                                                     
Top
sharjan
Posted: 13 September 2008 - 03:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 422
Joined: 2 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Just about all of them
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yes, keep safe Sheila. Hopefully it dies down enough so that it causes very little or preferably no damage to people and property.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 13 September 2008 - 02:16 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



It is worrisome. I have a grandmother in San Antonio, Texas, which is farther inland, but still disconcerting. unsure.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
ScreamingBansheila
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 02:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 124
Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Coast
SAK owned: Sadly, none :-(

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:All of 'em!
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



sad.gif My family and I have been watching all of the hurricanes very close on the news, because were an east coast state. Even though were not targeted by Ike, we've been watching it we've been praying for everyone in its path. Connect as soon as you can when it's over to tell us you're okay! Stay safe! Please!

PS I've heard that duck tape on the windows can keep them from shattering during a hurricane. Maybe some MacGyver ingenuity can help keep you safer? unsure.gif
duct.gif duct.gif



"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 05:05 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Just saw on the news three peoples got killed already.

And than Indy says: I like Ike. unsure.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 10:26 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I hope all our members in that area are safe and well.

We had a couple of back-to-back hurricanes rip through this part of the world a few weeks back, so I can certainly sympathize with whats going on there.

No matter how clever mankind gets, we can't thwart mother nature... especially when she's a in a grumpy mood.








Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 05:56 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Bansheila)
PS I've heard that duck tape on the windows can keep them from shattering during a hurricane. Maybe some MacGyver ingenuity can help keep you safer?

Not much will help when a solid object is thrown through your window at 100 miles per hour -- that's why people have hurricane shutters. A solid sheet of steel does a lot more than duct tape. And there's always plenty of warning when a hurricane is on the way, which gives people time to get the shutters up. (It also makes it hard to understand why people in the path of a storm 600 miles across think they're somehow going to be immune.)

My partner lives in southern Florida: her house got whumped by both Katrina and Rita back in 2005. Fortunately, her shutters held. But we had several bad days earlier when it looks as if Ike was going to hit Florida.

*anxiously waitiing till Sheila checks in again safe!*



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
SHEILA
  Posted: 15 September 2008 - 04:02 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



Ok guys I'm still here. My husband and I are safe and my family are all safe. I can tell you that the storm it self was very unreal. The eye of the storm passed right over my town in East Texas. We had about 30-40 mile winds and wind gust. My husband and I are kinda weather geeks so we were driving around in the storm to check ever thing out.

I have to tell you also we had no storm damage at our house. My family did not have any eaither. We were very blessed that nothing happend. My Civil Air Partol unit did not get activated. But it is still early.

I do have many friends that live in Houston. My sisters best friend lives in Houston and they did rev minor damage.They have been without power since the storm came in.

I also work for a energy company that reports power outages for Houston. I think as of right now we have 2 MILLION people with out power in Houston. It will be a very long week. So I may not get to go online that much.

As far as the duck tape on the windows I did not have to use it.I did think about it thought.

Thanks to those who were thinking about me and thank you for the prayers. Many wonderful thanks you my MacGyver buds.
Will try to resond soon.



Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 16 September 2008 - 12:23 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Whew! Thanks for checking in!



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
SHEILA
Posted: 16 September 2008 - 03:56 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



Yes I'm glad I made it throught the storm. Many thanks again for everyone for thinking of me.



Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
sharjan
Posted: 16 September 2008 - 06:14 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 422
Joined: 2 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Just about all of them
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Glad to hear you made it through OK. Some of the reports and photos we are getting here in Australia are pretty horrifying.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll