Season 1 DVD or Complete Series DVD, What to buy?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Reptile
Posted: 21 April 2007 - 11:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Hi gyus.
My friend wants to buy MacGyver DVDs of first season from amazon.co.uk (PAL) but he asks me that if he shouldnt wait for Complete Series DVD to come out (I dont know if 22nd May is confirmed date) because there will be also 2 TV movies there.
And also I want to know the thing about Thief of Budapest, how can I (he) be sure that he is buying the first season with NOT REMASTERED Thief of Budapest? Have PAL versions this episode remastered or not?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 April 2007 - 11:40 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



The worst thing about the first season is the cutting in the early episodes.
If I was him, I'd wait for the complete series dvd. It's only another four weeks.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 21 April 2007 - 11:46 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 21 April 2007 - 01:09 PM)
The worst thing about the first season is the cutting in the early episodes.
If I was him, I'd wait for the complete series dvd. It's only another four weeks.

So do you hope that in complete series there would be first season not remastered (including cutted scenes in Thief of Budapest)?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 10:03 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



The complete series set has been taken off the schedule. Meaning it will not be released on may 22.

Paramount have removed it from their release list, with no revised date.

So we just have to wait and see when or if it goes back on their release schedule.

So to answer the question buy the first season.

None of the seasons have been remastered.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 07:32 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 21 April 2007 - 11:32 PM)
The complete series set has been taken off the schedule. Meaning it will not be released on may 22.

Paramount have removed it from their release list, with no revised date.

So we just have to wait and see when or if it goes back on their release schedule.

So to answer the question buy the first season.

None of the seasons have been remastered.

yeah, but he is just worried about the Thief of Budapest, because some scenes were cutted off (so it has been little "remastered")... and is it able to buy uncutted version?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 07:54 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Not as far as I know. Also the whole beginning of the Pilot is changed to the actual opening of the series with a different explosion title.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 08:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I think that might have only been for the US release, and once they received a few complaints they fixed it and re-released the set with something along the lines of "Original uncut broadcast version" on the front of the box.

I guess the only way to really know is to hear from someone in Europe who has the zone 2 version.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 09:00 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I have region 2 series one and two and then got bored waiting and bought region 1 for the rest. Without something to compare it to I don’t know if many scenes have been cut from it though. If you mean the bit with MacGyver in the pentagon at the start of the pilot ( Click for missing scene from Pilot ) then that’s not in it.
What scenes from the Thief of Budapest are you wondering are in the Region 2 DVDs?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 09:04 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Heres the list of missing scenes.

Missing scenes




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 09:36 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



huh.gif Ok, the DVD time codes are a little different on my one. I have the titles starting at 5.39?? in the Thief of Budapest. Don’t tell me I’m missing ~14 seconds of Gambit?! unsure.gif sad.gif

All the cuts listed are missing from my DVD, though in the credits I have a different order than the list with MacGyver jumping on a helicopter after the long shot of MacGyver standing next to the plane. And then Mac sliding down the sand dune after that.I have no Mac smiling at a campfire and then I have Mac knocking the guy off the horse with the stick. The rest is the same as the cut version listed.

I’m baffled why they’d swap the “smiling by the fire” one for the “jumping on a helicopter” and move the “sliding down a dune” one. wacko.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 09:55 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I wonder if it has to do with different versions being done for different TV channels time requirements?

Or maybe they did several different versions of the credits to see which ones worked together the best.. and then these got shipped out to other countries.

I wouldn't mind betting that the cut version on the DVD is actually a copy they edited for maybe a cable channel or something. They may have decided to use it on the DVD because of its better quality compared to the original.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 22 April 2007 - 10:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



But why have 2 cut versions? The titles on my region 2 DVD is 44 seconds long so it’s the same length as the cut version listed, so it can’t be a timing thing between the 2 cuts. hmm.bmp

What’s bothering me more is the time I seem to have missed from the start is increased by the end. Where do the times in this list come from? I seem to have accumulated lost time along the way and by the end I’m missing 1 minute 48 off the final time for the cut version. I must have a cut cut version! surprise.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 05:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Here I go again, I have just found that on www.deepdiscount.com they have just bitten the price for MacGyver: The Complete First Season to only $16.84 - it is Region 1 (NTSC).
My friend really wanted to buy it, but he is not sure how much would he pay for it cause he lives in Slovakia. Do you know approximately how much it will cost shipping and delivering those DVDs from United States to Slovakia in Europe? I think that DeepDiscount is using an UPS service for this... Thanks



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 06:01 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



standard international freight is usually between $12-$15 for a 3-6 week delivery. You can get faster delivery but it costs more.

The MacGyver Online Store has a second hand (like new) copy available for $14.00



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 06:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I recently searched and bought a lot of ebay from USA. The cheapest shipping I got was 10.40 USDollar and the most expensive 19.99 USDollar. So somewhere in between.



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 11:07 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 24 May 2007 - 07:30 AM)
standard international freight is usually between $12-$15 for a 3-6 week delivery. You can get faster delivery but it costs more.

The MacGyver Online Store has a second hand (like new) copy available for $14.00

yeah, but too bad they arent selling second-hand items to Slovakia sad.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 30 May 2007 - 07:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Hmm maybe I already found out the thing about Thief of Budapest.
There are an choice to buy the netherlands version of the first season DVDs.
They are in some way different than UK or US versions.
And the main difference is, that the NL version has the UNCUT version of Thief of Budapest and also has many subtitles and many audio tracks (English, Spanish, French, etc...)
I really like that Thief of Budapest is uncutted and there are english subtitles on this set.
I will recommend it to my friend.
What are your opinion on this NL version? Buy it or not? Thanks...



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 May 2007 - 09:21 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Sounds like you've already talked yourself into it.

I'm not sure why your so worried about the editing. It was fixed years ago.

The "bad" copies should be well and truly out of circulation by now.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted: 30 May 2007 - 06:54 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



But what about the fact I read somewhere here in the forum that the region 1 DVDs had a sign that they may be generally edited for lower rating? Will there be some of the action stuff missed? Will every episode be running a few minutes short?

That's the only reason I still could not decide whether to buy it or not. Don't want to waste my money at something incomplete.


@Reptile: Could you give a link please for the NL-version? I'd like to have subtitles also!



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 30 May 2007 - 11:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (Astra @ 30 May 2007 - 08:23 AM)
@Reptile: Could you give a link please for the NL-version? I'd like to have subtitles also!

Yeah, here it is:
http://www.mediadis.com/video/detail.asp?id=139298

The price is now 27,99 EUR if you will buy it completely new.
The front cover should be in english, but the back in French and Dutch. Also it doesnt come each DVD in each cover as US version. There is also "booklet" with each episode of the season but the descriptions of episode are also in French and Dutch only episode names are in english and the DVD menu is in english too (but you can change it to dutch or french I think) - this is what one user said on it...



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 12 June 2007 - 07:38 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



After all this I decided that I will buy the complete first season DVDs again but now the holland version (with subtitles and 1x03 uncut). I successfully confirmed my VISA credit card and placed an order on Mediadis.com and after 1 hour they just declined my order with reason that my VISA credit card was refused for value of transaction.
I had no problems with my credit card before and I have got enough money in my bank account for buying those DVDs. Is there anyone who knows where can be problem?
I really want those DVDs and Mediadis.com is the only one online shop which has them for only 27,99 EUR which is beautiful low price!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted: 12 June 2007 - 09:21 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Oh, I totally forgot to thank you for this link!

I haven't tried to order myself yet, though, so I don't know whether or not they'll decline my VISA-card as well.



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 23 July 2007 - 08:55 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Well so I finally ordered Season 1 DVD from Belgium through eBay and now it's been 4 weeks since I ordered and I still didn't received it and the seller told me that it might got lost (it was sent by an ordinary post)... I am angry as hell mad.gif
I hope that he will refund me and I will try it in another Belgium shop...



 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll