MacGyver's fashion, MacGyver's fashion
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 10:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



I have always loved what MacGyver wore on the show. And I'm sure you have all noticed that his style changes in each season. I personally like all of his outfits. And my two favorite things he wears are his sweet jackets and his awesome white and gray Nikes! So please take the time to tell me what your favorite seasons fashion is!



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 10:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



The only thing that comes to mind is I hate it when he's in old man pants. yucky.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 01:46 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



MacGyver has some cool fashion- T-shirt, jeans and sneakers- that's what I'm talking about!
smile.gif I like that MacGyver is very simple on clothes many times (unless he has to be dressed up for a certain reason)

By the way- what exactly are "old man" pants? Pants are pants- whether or not an old man is wearing them.
biggrin.gif




 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 01:56 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I like a sample of his clothes from each season. I was watching Hearts of Steel last night (season 5), and wow! I love that black leather jacket on him! wub.gif That jacket is also prominent in mostly season 4. From season 2, I like his red shirt with the white polka dots. For some reason, I think that shirt did something for him. He must've liked it too, because it's featured in several episodes. The brown bomber (mostly from season one but shown in other seasons as well) is definitely a classic on him, and also from season one, does anybody else like that furry coat he's wearing at the end of A Prisoner of Conscience? blush.gif Basic T-shirts work well for him, too, especially the blue and white shirts he has. I love the sneakers! I wish that style would come back!



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 05:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Basically I like almost nything he wears.
Except for a tux with sneakers... (Is that a certain style for Americans, cause I've had a lot of Americans dress the same way)

I only hate his pink shirts and very tacky blouses. Looks like a Wayne Mardle avant le lettre...
Like the shirt he's wearig at the end of The Challenge for instance...



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 06:00 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



QUOTE
Except for a tux with sneakers... (Is that a certain style for Americans, cause I've had a lot of Americans dress the same way)


It's a fashion statement of the 80s, definitely- kinda the look some punk rockers or New Wave groups might use sometimes (and some still do)
The skinny tie and suit with jeans and sandals or something- that kinda thing.

It halfway looks dressed up- that was kind of a style.
MacGyver does that sometimes.

QUOTE
I only hate his pink shirts and very tacky blouses.


Perhaps the term is used differently in other countries, but in America at least- girls wear blouses. Boys wear shirts.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 10:20 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE
By the way- what exactly are "old man" pants? Pants are pants- whether or not an old man is wearing them.

I think she means that khaki pants. He wore in that many many episodes.

Actually I don't really look at his clothing. But one outfit was really wrong to me. Not wrong but unusual. What he wore in Legend of the Holy Rose. White shirt and a red tie???

QUOTE
From season 2, I like his red shirt with the white polka dots.

I think that red shirt became a tie in Legend of the Holy Rose and Rush to Judgment.

Speaking of Rush to Judgment there he had cool clothing on. Formal and still normal. Khaki pants, green shirt and that red tie again. Also the suit he wore in Lesson in Evil is cool for me now. I never liked him wearing a tie but times change. He wore the same suit in Prometheus Syndrome and what I noticed is when he escapes the second bomb he runs all the way back into building, I think the suit makes his shoulders look big.

Further to me the actual MacGyver-outfit is what he wore in Passages, Good Knight MacGyver and The Stringer. Jeans, white T-shirt, and those big black shoes. Jacket of course the one with the orange interior or the jeans vest.

I also liked that purple cap from Log Jam and Treasure of Manco.

And I liked the way he was dressed on Paul's party in Trail to Doomsday: fully in black.

The black jeans, white sneakers and the green shirt in Cleo Rocks.

Just the white blue striped shirt in Fraternity of Thieves made him look skinny.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 11:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE
QUOTE 
I only hate his pink shirts and very tacky blouses.



Perhaps the term is used differently in other countries, but in America at least- girls wear blouses. Boys wear shirts.



I know, but there's a difference between shirts as in t-shirts and shirts as in male bluses. That's what I was trying to say happy.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 11:23 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I mostly think of MacGyver with black jeans, blue (or red) long sleeve shirt and the brown bomber jacket (season 3 style)

A close second would be the season 1 khaki pants, light colored shirt and bomber jacket.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 19 May 2007 - 11:58 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyver @ 19 May 2007 - 02:15 PM)
By the way- what exactly are "old man" pants? Pants are pants- whether or not an old man is wearing them.
biggrin.gif

Any he wore up high and/or looked like they might be concealing a diaper load.



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 May 2007 - 12:12 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacNymph @ 19 May 2007 - 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyver @ 19 May 2007 - 02:15 PM)
By the way- what exactly are "old man" pants?  Pants are pants- whether or not an old man is wearing them.
biggrin.gif

Any he wore up high and/or looked like they might be concealing a diaper load.

I never saw him wearing pants up high or with loads in it.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 20 May 2007 - 12:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---






Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 May 2007 - 12:34 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



What I meant was to me he always wore his pants like always does. I don't look at it if it's up high or up low.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 22 May 2007 - 07:09 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



My favorite outfit he wears is his Black flight jacket with black jeans and white sneakers. I also like the outfit he wears alot in season 4, The black leather jacket with black baggy pants and white sneakers. He also looks cool in blow out with the all blue and white sneakers.



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac
Posted: 23 May 2007 - 12:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Mac didn't dress much worse than anyone did in the '80s, but that shirt in 'Deadly Silents' was a big EW. laugh.gif

Mac



"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."


 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 May 2007 - 01:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Yeah, that Hawaiian shirt thing over a khaki pants. huh.gif laugh.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 23 May 2007 - 05:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



That's another one that is surely high in the tacky shirts charts!



 
                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 23 May 2007 - 07:17 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I just love those shirts he wore in the first 2-3 seasons... especially the button-down paisley thing in grey that they shot up in 'Back From the Dead'. wub.gif

Here's a screencap of it from "Wish Child":



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 23 May 2007 - 07:52 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I like the collarless shirts. smile.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 23 May 2007 - 10:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Hey I think that when someone joins this forum, one of the questions they are asked should be what shoes MacGyver wears that they like. Ya know the brown boots, white reeboks, white/gray nikes, black combat boots, ect.



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 23 May 2007 - 10:26 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I know I've asked this before, but what are those shirts called?

MacGyver had several of them, and they still stand out to me as being distinctively MacGyver.

I'd love to add some to the store, if I can find them.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 12:22 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE
I know I've asked this before, but what are those shirts called?

QUOTE
collarless shirts.

There's your answer. tongue.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 01:56 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



The band collar?



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 06:21 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Is it the same as the Grandad shirts?
http://www.thenakedmonkey.co.uk/more/on/details/00220



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 24 May 2007 - 09:38 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Yeah that's like it. smile.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 30 May 2007 - 08:31 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Hey does anyone know what styles Mac's White and Gray Nikes were? I know he had like 3 different styles. And I think one of them were Delta forces. Please tell me if you know!



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Nutsy
Posted: 1 June 2007 - 06:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 108
Joined: 5 May 2007
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



To me, definitely a white t-shirt, jeans, and nikes. I think that's always cool, whereas some of the baggy jeans or loose shirts he wore sometimes, especially the flowery and Hawaiian styles, made him look bigger, even puffy (is this OK?).

I loved the tuxedos (I remember two) but what I certainly disliked was the shoes and socks he wears with a gray suit in Fire and Ice. Bit of a disappointment with the shoe-sock combination while he looks good in the suit.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 1 June 2007 - 07:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Crimes of Fashion...... happy.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
SAK
Posted: 21 June 2007 - 06:32 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 422
Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Recruit, Hiker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:I haven't seen them all yet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Hey, I have a shirt very similar to that!



I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you. -MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 21 June 2007 - 07:07 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I liked best the brown canvas khakis, good for hiking in the desert and faded jeans. White T-shirt with the black leather vest, that hot black tank top and the brown leather bomber.

Shoes, it has to be the brown boots and then the black boots. I used to have a pair of very dark brown Doc Martens like Mac's black ones.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll