Personal MacGyver CD
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 2 March 2008 - 11:24 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Reptile @ 2 March 2008 - 12:16 PM)
btw I am now graduating and preparing for university, so it takes lot of learning time...

Kewl!

what are you going to study?



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 2 March 2008 - 11:56 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Here, I'll make it easy for you. biggrin.gif
1. Season 2 episode:"The wish Child" end theme
2.Season 3 episode:"Blow out" The point when Mac gets out of his jeep to the part where he finishes putting the paint can under the bad guys vehicle.
3. Season 3 episode:"Mask of the Wolf" The 3rd chapter on the dvd, from the point where Mac turns off the road ,parks in front of Jack's house and gets out of the Jeep.
4. Season 4 episode: "Blood Brothers" end theme
Thanks again Reptile!



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 2 March 2008 - 09:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 March 2008 - 01:50 AM)
QUOTE (Reptile @ 2 March 2008 - 12:16 PM)
btw I am now graduating and preparing for university, so it takes lot of learning time...

Kewl!

what are you going to study?

I am planning to study informatics (developing applications in programming lanugages like C/C# and so on)... so I am going to the capital of Slovakia --> Bratislava happy.gif

MacGyverfan717: Thanks, I will see what I can do (when I can do it) smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 3 March 2008 - 12:54 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Alright, thank you very much! biggrin.gif



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 4 March 2008 - 04:32 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Reptile)
I am planning to study informatics (developing applications in programming lanugages like C/C# and so on)... so I am going to the capital of Slovakia --> Bratislava happy.gif

Hey, best of luck, Reptile!! My hat's off to you if you can handle C++ and its kin . . . God, how I hated that language. The quintessence of everything that bugs me about computers.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 4 March 2008 - 07:31 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacBeth @ 4 March 2008 - 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (Reptile)
I am planning to study informatics (developing applications in programming lanugages like C/C# and so on)... so I am going to the capital of Slovakia --> Bratislava happy.gif

Hey, best of luck, Reptile!! My hat's off to you if you can handle C++ and its kin . . . God, how I hated that language. The quintessence of everything that bugs me about computers.

thanks smile.gif I will try to do my best...
I like programming so much (at least for now), I know that C/C++/C# are hard to learn languages, but as I already said I will try to learn them smile.gif

PS: Sorry for OFF-TOPIC, let's go back to originally theme smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 5 March 2008 - 08:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Hey Reptile, could you tell me how you capture music from the episodes? If you could that would be great so I don't always have to come to you for requests all of the time! If you want to let me know, I'll give you my e-mail address, if not thats ok too I just get tired of always having to bother you! clip.JPG



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 5 March 2008 - 10:17 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Hmm it's complicated process... I don't think I will be able to explain it, anyway communication through e-mail is not good for me, I prefer ICQ wink.gif
I am really not sure if you would understand it



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 March 2008 - 08:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



If your computer can play DVDs a simple way is just to use the Sound recorder program in windows.

Play the DVD and press record on the sound recorder program. then once you've recorded the bit you want.. you can cut the front and end of the recording down to start and end in the right places.

Another simple way is to plug the sound cable from a DVD player into you computers "line in" plug (or mic if you don't' want stereo sound) and again use the Sound Recorder program.

Theres a good sound recording and editing program for free called Audiocity, which I think you can download from here. (if not just Google it).



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 7 March 2008 - 09:14 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 5 March 2008 - 10:28 PM)
If your computer can play DVDs a simple way is just to use the Sound recorder program in windows.

Play the DVD and press record on the sound recorder program. then once you've recorded the bit you want.. you can cut the front and end of the recording down to start and end in the right places.

Another simple way is to plug the sound cable from a DVD player into you computers "line in" plug (or mic if you don't' want stereo sound) and again use the Sound Recorder program.

Theres a good sound recording and editing program for free called Audiocity, which I think you can download from here. (if not just Google it).

But if you use those methods you will get your "recorded" sound and even if you don't hear the difference there is one in quality. Better method is to use direct sound from DVD. So you must rip the episode to your hard drive (you will get one VOB file). Then demux it using for example DgIndex or similar applications. You will get one AC3 file which is the sound file with sound from episode. Then just decode it to WAV using for example BeSweet or again similar applications and you will get uncompressed WAV file which you can load to Sound Forge, Audacity, etc... and edit it as you want.
This is the way I am doing the soundtrack. Using this way you will get the highest quality direct from the DVD source... but for beginners it can be quite misunderstanding (maybe)



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 7 March 2008 - 09:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Yea that went over my head! But thanks anyway, I'll leave it to the proffesionals! biggrin.gif



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 12 March 2008 - 07:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Reptile, I know my third request is a short one, but It's still worth being on the soundtrack in my opinion. Rocky, Do you think that by splitting up the music sections by season would be a good way to organize the tracks?



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 13 March 2008 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (MacGyverfan717 @ 12 March 2008 - 08:56 AM)
Rocky, Do you think that by splitting up the music sections by season would be a good way to organize the tracks?

My first thought is that it depends how much bigger the list is going to get. As I've said before we want quality not quantity.

I wont really know until I've had a chance to go through whats already there and think about it in a bit more detail. I've got other things on my plate at the moment, so this is low priority right now.






Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 13 March 2008 - 01:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Ok, just wondering. smile.gif



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 18 March 2008 - 07:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Hey Reptile, I have another good request for our soundtrack. In the season 3 episode, "The odd triple" I would like the segment of music right after Jack and Mac punch out the interrigators. Here are the DVD start and finish times so I can make it easy for you to get it. The song starts at this time: 18:45 and ends at 19:39. There is only one word spoken by Jack during this segment so It shouldn't interfere much. Thanks again Reptile! MacG.gif



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 March 2008 - 07:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Well uh... the music on how The Hood opens would be nice with the cyclists, the girl on roller skates and Mac driving the moving truck to stop.

Of course take all the time you want.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted: 18 March 2008 - 08:08 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 481
Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Nice



Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 18 March 2008 - 10:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Yea, thats a pretty good tune too. I'd say MacGyver had some pretty good composers. All of these are great requests and would really be a good addition to our collection. And yes, please don't feel rushed Reptile. Take your time and we'll all be patient! sak.gif



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 19 March 2008 - 05:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



I have finally found some time so I have made all the requests that have been posted.
Here is the list of new tracks to be added to the soundtrack:

52. Season 2 Closing Theme (The Wish Child Version)
53. Season 4 Closing Theme (Blood Brothers Version)
54. Blow Out - The Paint Can
55. Mask of the Wolf - Tune
56. The Odd Triple - The Escape
57. The 'Hood - Introduction Tune

Now it is again up to Rocky when he will add them to our MOL soundtrack page smile.gif

Enjoy and tell me if something is missing by mistake wink.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 19 March 2008 - 07:15 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



MacG.gif Thanks alot Reptile! I am really looking forward to adding these to my collection! NICE job! As always!



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 March 2008 - 09:01 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



new tunes have been added.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 March 2008 - 07:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I really like that Hood introduction. It really is the start of something new. smile.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 20 March 2008 - 08:03 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



That is a good intro. song for the 7th season. It goes good with the mood of the episode. One of my favorites! cool.jpg



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 March 2008 - 07:13 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Hey, where's the lava pit track? huh.gif
There should be 57 tracks and there are only 55 of them. I know for sure the lava pit track is gone but I can't point out the other.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 21 March 2008 - 08:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I'm starting to prune some of the tracks which don't meet the standard I'm looking for and I don't think that particular track met the standard. It has a lot of talking and other sound effects all the way through which detract from the music, and it really comes out just sounding like a recording of a scene with no real attention on the music.

As Reptile has already said, theres only so much he can do without the original master recordings, so some recordings just aren't going to work.

I'll be casting my ear over the other tracks as time goes by, looking specifically to make sure we don't have duplicates or tracks with more talking/sound effects than music etc.

Quality not quantity.

*Any track removed from the list is kept in backup form, just in case we ever find a use for them in some other project





Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 March 2008 - 10:32 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Thank God, I got a spare on that track. But I can understand in some way what you mean. Too much dialogue.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 21 March 2008 - 08:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



I agree with that.

Rocky can you tell me which tracks did you remove please? Just wondering smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 31 March 2008 - 12:28 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Got another two requests Reptile...
In the season seven episode, "The Coltons" I would appreciate if you could get the segment in the beginning right after Jesse is shot about 3 times in the chest by the counterfeit money crook. It sounds really cool. I think it ends as soon as Frog wakes him up after being knocked down. Thanks again Reptile and take your time! happy.gif
The second one is from the season four episode,"Blood Brothers" It's the segment when the hispanic gang leader and the guy with the shot-gun go looking for Danny. It shows them outside of the abandoned hospital, then it shows them go into the building through the open vent and so on. It sounds really suspenseful and I would like it! Thanks Reptile!



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 6 April 2008 - 06:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Have another one for ya Reptile,
It's from the season 4 episode, "Runners" Here is the time from start to finish:
41:55-42:44
Thanks alot Reptle and take your time! happy.gif



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 19 April 2008 - 07:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Hey Reptile, haven't heard from you in a while! I just have another request for you: It's from the season seven episode, "Gunz'n Boyz" Its the part when MacGyver drives his Jeep up to the curb and starts going toward's Minton's house. It has really good drums and a slight MacGyver theme background. I would appreciate if you could get this one for me also! Thanks alot Reptile!



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll