Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Listening to it now. Great job. Really. But that's not the Pilot version. Did you just took it from the dvd?
The theme of the Pilot episode is a bit different than the actual version of the first season.
The one from Lost Love is the actual version of that episode. The way I taped it from television.
Don't want to be nitpicky though but Secret of Parker House and Blood Brothers are from the fourth season. I really like the piano in those versions. They should've kept that in.
Doesn't Michael Des Barres also deserve some credit for Cleo Rocks? He wrote it after all.
To be honest I never liked it when sung songs are on soundtracks. But on this I feel different. Eau D'Leo, Cleo Rocks, Higher Life and Tough Boys. It makes me feel connected to the episodes.
That piano tune of Passages gives me goose bumps everytime, just as much stealing the sunboat gives me a kick.
Good job, I just listened to all 40 tracks.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Apartment
QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
But that's not the Pilot version. Did you just took it from the dvd?
The theme of the Pilot episode is a bit different than the actual version of the first season.
The one from Lost Love is the actual version of that episode. The way I taped it from television.
All soundtracks were recorded directly from my DVD. So on my DVD the pilot version of soundtrack is the theme that are playing after the MacGyver and pilot jumped out of the mountain. In the TV they used another version, I know that. The same applies to Lost Love theme. I have also the TV broadcast version but they speaking in czech language while playing the theme so I though this version on DVD would be much prettier and if you listen closely you can see some differences between pilot version (on DVD) and long or short version (the first difference is the beginning of the theme)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
Don't want to be nitpicky though but Secret of Parker House and Blood Brothers are from the fourth season.
Yeah they are from 4th season. Rocky just mistyped this. If you look at the filename of the MP3 you will see that it is Season 04.
QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
Doesn't Michael Des Barres also deserve some credit for Cleo Rocks? He wrote it after all.
I don't know because in the closing theme they credited only Dennis McCarthy for Cleo Rocks, M.D.Barres hasn't been mentioned, so I just credited D.McCarthy.
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE
I don't know because in the closing theme they credited only Dennis McCarthy for Cleo Rocks, M.D.Barres hasn't been mentioned, so I just credited D.McCarthy.
I think it was in the opening credits during the scene. Lyrics for Cleo Rocks by Michael Des Barres. Could be wrong though, but he wrote it.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Observatory
Also, not to be nitpicky either- but do you think you could record the Christmas music from "The Madonna" for me? I would like it for my own collection, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing it.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Apartment
QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
I think it was in the opening credits during the scene. Lyrics for Cleo Rocks by Michael Des Barres. Could be wrong though, but he wrote it.
Well, maybe he wrote the lyrics, but we are talking about the music and I hope that music was written by D. McCarthy
QUOTE (MacGyver)
Awesome job, Reptile! Thanks for getting this up here! This is what an official MacGyver soundtrack should look like!
Thanks, I am glad you like it...
QUOTE (MacGyver)
Also, not to be nitpicky either- but do you think you could record the Christmas music from "The Madonna" for me? I would like it for my own collection, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing it.
Yeah, I can do that, but I am not really sure which songs do you mean. I don't know that songs because I don't live in USA. I think that the Herald... is the one when the group of children are dancing and one man are playing piano? The second (I'll be home for Christmas) is the one where Cynthia is singing with the others? It is very hard to record these ones, because sometimes they are louder (when camera is on Cynthia) and then it goes quite (when MacGyver walks out and camera is looking at him). But I will see what can I do... Just write me if I am right with that songs...
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Observatory
QUOTE
Yeah, I can do that, but I am not really sure which songs do you mean. I don't know that songs because I don't live in USA. I think that the Herald... is the one when the group of children are dancing and one man are playing piano? The second (I'll be home for Christmas) is the one where Cynthia is singing with the others? It is very hard to record these ones, because sometimes they are louder (when camera is on Cynthia) and then it goes quite (when MacGyver walks out and camera is looking at him). But I will see what can I do... Just write me if I am right with that songs...
Oh, okay- I see. Yeah, you're right- the song that the children sing is "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" (pretty much my all time favorite Christmas carol- written by Charles Wesley!) And when Cynthia sings her song- that is another Christmas classic- "I'll Be Home For Christmas". (This is also the same song that was playing on the radio at the start of the episode that MacGyver switched off)
And yeah- I know it jumps in and out but I don't mind that. In fact, it'd be cool to include MacGyver and the priest's conversation because it's a pretty vital scene in learning more about MacGyver's mom and their relationship. If you can do that- that would be really cool. Thanks.
I don't know because in the closing theme they credited only Dennis McCarthy for Cleo Rocks, M.D.Barres hasn't been mentioned, so I just credited D.McCarthy.
I think it was in the opening credits during the scene. Lyrics for Cleo Rocks by Michael Des Barres. Could be wrong though, but he wrote it.
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Maybe interesting for number 43. Since there are the Western themes maybe you can add the track where in MacGyver goes to Serenity in the beginning of his dream. It's plainly music with exception of a few lines and a pauze till he continues on foot.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Observatory
QUOTE
I did it and two christmas songs from "The Madonna" have been added to the soundtrack collection as songs number 41 and 42. I hope you like it.
I LOVE IT!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! I had actually forgotten that the kids also sing "O Come All Ye Faithful"- so that was cool to have that on there too. Awesome job, once again!
Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender: Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: Loft
Hey this is exactally what I was looking for! now I have all of the themes that I wanted for free! Thank you very much I am really pleased with this soundtrack! The only thing that's missing is the theme from "The Challenge" If you could add that to the list it would complete my collection! thanks!
"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Observatory
I don't think the MacGyver theme song from "The Challenge" is any different. MacGyverfan717 is probably referring to a specific music piece from the episode, probably the scene where MacGyver is mourning Booker's death.
If I could request another music track, it would be the theme from a few episodes used mostly when Pete is involved - I'd almost like to call it Pete's theme...
One it is used in for example is when MacGyver and Pete are trapped underground in a sort of cave after an expedition, and they try to escape via a hole in the grass on the surface...
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE
No actually the theme is really different! It's one of my favorite variations! Just listen for yourself if you dont believe me!
The theme song has always been the same after On a wing and a Prayer. From The Secret of Parker House till On a wing and a Prayer the beginning was different. You could clearly hear the piano there. From Collision Course on the theme has been the same for the rest of the season. Unless you're referring to scene music like in the fight with Larson.
QUOTE
If I could request another music track, it would be the theme from a few episodes used mostly when Pete is involved - I'd almost like to call it Pete's theme...
One it is used in for example is when MacGyver and Pete are trapped underground in a sort of cave after an expedition, and they try to escape via a hole in the grass on the surface...
Anyone knows the music I mean?
You're talking The Survivors. The music in that scene was only used in that episode. At least I know the last part is. They're climbing al the way up into the cave and when Pete has to take his last jump the music intensifies greatly as if it would seem he'd fall.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Posts: 15
Joined: 6 Aug 2007
Gender: Male
Country: Europe
SAK owned: Swiss Champ
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
Are you sure? I really was under the impression it was used more than once, at least 4 or 5 times in the first few seasons of the series...
I seem to remember it was also used in an episode heavily involving the Phoenix Foundation - but my MacGyver is too rusty for me to give you more details, so never mind the name of the episode!
Anyway, I'd really love to hear that piece of music again if at all possible.
Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender: Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: Loft
I don't recall hearing a theme for Pete but I do know that there are a few themes for MacGyver when hes trying to get out of a situation. And I listened to the theme from "The Challenge" and it really is different! You can hear it on Google video. Just type in MacGyver, switch to short (4 min) clips and go to page 2. Scroll down until you see a pic of MacGyver. It should say MacGyver theme and its done by Google Video, not Youtube.
"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE (Michael Archangel @ 6 August 2007 - 05:06 PM)
Are you sure? I really was under the impression it was used more than once, at least 4 or 5 times in the first few seasons of the series...
I seem to remember it was also used in an episode heavily involving the Phoenix Foundation - but my MacGyver is too rusty for me to give you more details, so never mind the name of the episode!
Anyway, I'd really love to hear that piece of music again if at all possible.
Pretty sure. You're description matches the episode.
Now I start recalling something about the music possibly also used in the scene. But it surely wasn't something that was suppose to be Pete's theme. It has a sort of humming sound and later it makes this *tong ting tong ting* sound. It's used in The Negotiator when Mac runs back to his car to zap Deborah, in The Endangered when MacGyver runs out the restaurant to ride along with the bad guys and in On a Wing and a Prayer when he runs to the tent where Pete and Clara were captured.
Other than that... what you might or could call Pete's theme is in Early Retirement where he beats up Matt Webber. That wasn't actually Pete's theme but the theme of the episode overall.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Posts: 15
Joined: 6 Aug 2007
Gender: Male
Country: Europe
SAK owned: Swiss Champ
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
QUOTE (MacGyverfan717 @ 7 August 2007 - 02:24 PM)
I don't recall hearing a theme for Pete but I do know that there are a few themes for MacGyver when hes trying to get out of a situation. And I listened to the theme from "The Challenge" and it really is different! You can hear it on Google video. Just type in MacGyver, switch to short (4 min) clips and go to page 2. Scroll down until you see a pic of MacGyver. It should say MacGyver theme and its done by Google Video, not Youtube.
MacGyverfan717 - Yeah the "plotting" themes are great, would love to hear those as MP3s as well!
Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender: Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: Loft
I also like the music in the season 3 episode with Jack Dalton and That Indian Guy. I cant remember the name but i think its "Mask of the Wolf". I like the music when the first scene after the theme starts where it shows Mac driving his Jeep to the Native Americans house.
"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover
Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp
Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
The only one I'd like to see added is the theme from Jack of Lies... you know, the one that we first hear with the scene of Mac and Jack flying to Dinoto?
I've always loved that one. I think it may have been a Randy Edelman compostion.
But, great job!! I'll download this when I have a chance.
Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet
What's that? Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand
Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender: Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: Loft
Hey Reptile, I would like to request a music track(s) if possible. I would like the segment of music from Mask of the Wolf that plays throughout the episode. You can first hear it at the beginning when it shows Mac taking Jack back home to find the Native American who got mugged. It's one of the later episodes of season 3. Also I would like the theme from the 4th season episode, "The Challange". As it is a variation to the themesong. Thanks a bunch and Merry Christmas to all!
"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Got a request too, though. How about the music from Obsessed when he goes to the military base and is later strapped under the rockets?
Also the music from The Prometheus Syndrome when he's trapped with the bomb in the newspaper building.
It's just that music is stuck in my head for the past few weeks. Just do whatever you can.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)