Do you have any pictures of Mac's houseboat? I was looking for photos from inside but i couldnt find any. Or maybe you know in which episode there are visible inside of his houseboat?
Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
Welcome to MOL, mbr!
There are a couple of different shots of the houseboat in the MOL avatar files (misc). You can find them by going to your Control Panel, selecting Edit Avatar Settings on your side menu, and then pushing the Base Gallery button under "pre-installed avatars".
Or copy this:
Attached Image
Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.
Old troubleshooters never die... They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Loth! The one of him upside down. That's helpful!
A couple episodes you might want to look at.. from season three (everyone has season three by now, right?) Back from the Dead, The Widowmaker (interesting angles while Murdoc was slinking around), Blow Out, The Odd Triple, The Negotiator... um um um... yeah... it'll come to me
~ MacNymph ~
Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.
No - not everybody has access to MacGyver. i.e. not me. It's too expensive for me to buy it on ebay. And it would take me a lot of time to download it.
I just want to know is it inside. How it is planed. I'm not sure I can properly explain it to you. Just floor plan, interior design etc.
If you don't have anything to do you can post me some caps to my mail ateuszek (at) gmail.com
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
QUOTE (Lothithil @ 30 July 2007 - 12:48 PM)
And here's his back-swing, or whatever you want to call it:
Just what is that gadget called, anyway?
[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements". One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else. -- John Muir --- LOLMac daily: lolmac.livejournal.com icanhastofu.tumblr.com
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE (mbr @ 31 July 2007 - 08:04 AM)
I just want to how is it inside. How it is planed. I'm not sure I can properly explain it to you. Just floor plan, interior design etc.
Rocky expressed intrest in that a while back. Don't know if he ever followed up on it though. Wait about 30 minutes until he shows up. He'll edge-amic-ate us all. Maybe.
~ MacNymph ~
Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.
you can see an encyclopedia set above the TV set which you can get a good view of in Jericho games, and back towards the sofa is a collection of LP records (beside the stereo equipment)
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE (MacBeth @ 30 July 2007 - 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (Lothithil @ 30 July 2007 - 12:48 PM)
And here's his back-swing, or whatever you want to call it:
Just what is that gadget called, anyway?
I think that it's just a chair upside down to fight the cold.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
I just found this little note in the Wikipedia about coal harbour.
QUOTE (Wikipedia re: coal habour)
The six floating homes in Coal Harbour, along with the twelve in False Creek are the only legal floating homes in the city of Vancouver {citation needed}
Even though it says citation needed, I decided to take a look at the harbours via google earth.
I found one houseboat which looks similar in shape and color.. but doesn't have the glass panels in the roof. All the others where white and more boat shaped.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
That’s cool! Rock, you are going to turn us all in to Google Earth fanatics! Are you on commission or something?
Uhm..Might be a really dumb question but I was wondering, are the interior shots of the house boat really filmed inside the house boat that we see the exterior of on the show? I mean it looks a bitty small.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Observatory
If it's done like many shows, the interior shots on the houseboat might very well be on a Hollywood set somewhere, rather than the actual houseboat used in exterior shots. That might explain any discrepancies. But I'm not sure on this aspect of filming MacGyver, so I can't say for sure.
Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
QUOTE (MacBeth @ 30 July 2007 - 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (Lothithil @ 30 July 2007 - 12:48 PM)
And here's his back-swing, or whatever you want to call it:
Just what is that gadget called, anyway?
I think that it's called an 'inversion table'... maybe??
Gravity boots are what he was wearing to hook his feet to the table. I had a friend who had a pair that he used with a bar he had set across the top of a stairwell. Hung like a bat and scared the heck out of anyone coming up in the dark... lunatic!
Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.
Old troubleshooters never die... They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
QUOTE (MacGyver @ 31 July 2007 - 10:41 AM)
If it's done like many shows, the interior shots on the houseboat might very well be on a Hollywood set somewhere, rather than the actual houseboat used in exterior shots. That might explain any discrepancies. But I'm not sure on this aspect of filming MacGyver, so I can't say for sure.
The interior shots would have been done in the studio, definitely not at the actual houseboat. Depending on the production budget, they might have maintained them as more or less permanent sets, or used generic sets which were "redressed" when needed as the houseboat interiors.
Wasn't the show being shot in BC by then, not LA? So it wouldn't have been a Hollywood studio; but still in the studio.
[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements". One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else. -- John Muir --- LOLMac daily: lolmac.livejournal.com icanhastofu.tumblr.com
[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements". One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else. -- John Muir --- LOLMac daily: lolmac.livejournal.com icanhastofu.tumblr.com
That’s cool! Rock, you are going to turn us all in to Google Earth fanatics! Are you on commission or something?
Uhm..Might be a really dumb question but I was wondering, are the interior shots of the house boat really filmed inside the house boat that we see the exterior of on the show? I mean it looks a bitty small.
As I understand it the interior shots of the houseboat where done on a sound stage at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver. Which makes sense. They need to be able to control lighting and sounds and also remove walls for filming angles etc, which they can't do on the real boat.
The real houseboat would have been rented by the production company so they had 24/7 access for external filming.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
So they could have kept the house boat as MacGyvers home in season 7 if they wanted to. could have just set the interior shots in a different sound stage. They could have taken stock footage of the exterior for use later. It was a crazy idea making MacGyver move.
I've always argued they could have kept the houseboat. They could have even brought it and moved it to a local LA marina for external shots.. but that might have been a little costly.
But I certainly think they could have moved the sound stage to LA.. after all they did it with Petes office.