Mac Gyver Multitool
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
jackwabbit
Posted: 22 August 2007 - 05:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



So.

Loth.

I belong to a certain Stargate fan group, and we discuss said show at great length.

Often.

And while we use the abbreviation RL, rather than RW, your statement above would fit right in. I agree wholeheartedly.

Fandemoniously stubborn, indeed.



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
jackwabbit
Posted: 23 August 2007 - 03:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Ok, after listening MANY more times on my day off...I take it back. I think the music is very, very similar, and I think it is intentional, but I don't think it's straight up Mac.

Dang! And I so wanted it to be, too!!!



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 23 August 2007 - 05:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Dat's what we in da Biz call 'an homage'. biggrin.gif




Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Mac
Posted: 23 August 2007 - 05:25 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (trtlsoup @ 20 August 2007 - 01:13 PM)
One of the certificates in Gen. Jack O'Neill's office was signed by A. MacGyver...

In which ep do we see this???

Mac



"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."


 
PM                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 23 August 2007 - 07:32 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Mac @ 22 August 2007 - 02:00 PM)
In which ep do we see this???

Mac

Proof is the word, huh?

Okay, lemme find the site... ... ... ... Okay, I did not lie. The photos were from a set tour in 2005 by Jenifer Raneiri aka D'Rinda. She took off some her pics to save space and post MORE of her Creation Con pictures. I've written her to see if she has them posted elsewhere, or send them to me.

I thought I had saved them, but I musta lost them in the crash of '06. *sigh*




"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 23 August 2007 - 08:24 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I use to have a picture of it here.. but I don't know where it is any more.

Try Kates site.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 23 August 2007 - 09:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Not on Kate's site... I'll just wait for Jen. *Grr... *

They had pictures (in MacGyver era) of General Jack in a fight suit, too.



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
pluto
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 07:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 5
Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Thanks for your comments. And yes, I agree, the SAK is so much better because it fits in your pocket. I do have a Leatherman but almost never carry it because it's too bulky. I EDC my SAK since it is very compact and pocket-friendly.

So we can assume that Mac-G would have chosen a SAK and not a LM wink.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 08:38 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE
QUOTE (trtlsoup @ 20 August 2007 - 01:13 PM)
One of the certificates in Gen. Jack O'Neill's office was signed by A. MacGyver...

In which ep do we see this???




Attached Image
Attached Image



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 09:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



ROTFL!

Now that is precious!



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
jackwabbit
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 12:00 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Awesome.



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 04:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Wow- that is cool! biggrin.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 04:24 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



It might just be my failing eyesight, but does that signature read:
'Major Genius Angus MacGyver'? happy.gif

roller.gif Someone has a wonderful sense of the ridiculous!



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 28 August 2007 - 05:21 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Probably more like Major General Angus MacGyver.

It's still a cool homage either way.
smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 28 August 2007 - 05:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Did they make MacGyver an honourary Major General?

That's not fair... RDA was only given an honourary Brigadier General! happy.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 28 August 2007 - 08:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Lothithil @ 26 August 2007 - 09:59 PM)
It might just be my failing eyesight, but does that signature read:
'Major Genius Angus MacGyver'?

It ought to say "Major General", but it really does look like "Major Genius" . . . laugh.gif



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 28 August 2007 - 01:16 PM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Cool! You found the certificate! Aewsome... clapping.gif



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 28 August 2007 - 03:28 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacBeth @ 27 August 2007 - 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (Lothithil @ 26 August 2007 - 09:59 PM)
It might just be my failing eyesight, but does that signature read:
'Major Genius Angus MacGyver'?

It ought to say "Major General", but it really does look like "Major Genius" . . . laugh.gif

Exactly!

There is no rising loop for the 'L' for 'general', and by the looks of the rest of the handwriting, letters that have rising or descending arcs are usually exaggerated...

...not that I'm a handwriting analyst or anything! Just squinty... wink.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 28 August 2007 - 04:17 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Lothithil @ 27 August 2007 - 09:03 PM)
There is no rising loop for the 'L' for 'general', and by the looks of the rest of the handwriting, letters that have rising or descending arcs are usually exaggerated...

The final letter looks awfully similar to the 's' in 'Angus' . . . and given that there are seven letters in 'General', only six in 'Genius', and the word's a bit short on letters even allowing for the vagaries of handwriting . . . .

So we're left trying to determine whether the props crew on Stargate had the right kind of wicked sense of humour to push the joke that far.

Ya think?



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
j12752
Posted: 29 August 2007 - 12:35 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



It looks like "Genius" to me too



 
                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 29 August 2007 - 07:22 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Doesn't that look like RDA's handwriting on the certificate? That extended, sweeping "r"...? hmm.bmp



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 29 August 2007 - 07:38 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



If Richard Dean Anderson wrote, I could totally believe that he would have put in "Major Genius Angus MacGyver" biggrin.gif laugh.gif
That's so funny!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jess
Posted: 23 October 2007 - 08:06 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: UAE
SAK owned: Wenger; black

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Too many to list.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



That's a good one!

as for the SAK, simpler is better.. honestly, i never saw the need for the fork/spoon and etc attachments in the bulky SAKs. things like that aren't that necessary imo, and just add to the weight of the thing and make it a whole lot bulkier and not that handy. plus all the time it takes you to look through all the attachments you have on that thing in order to pull out the right one... sak.gif all the way. biggrin.gif



~ Jess

"The great thing about a map is that it gets you in and out of places in a lot of different ways" - MacGyver in 'Gauntlet'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
stampsfan
Posted: 26 October 2007 - 08:15 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Hey Mac, I'd go with the Explorer. It's my favourite kind of SAK...not too bulky...and it's got a lot of stuff!

AND it's got a corkscrew!!! biggrin.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
stampsfan
Posted: 26 October 2007 - 09:20 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



AND it does look like Major Genius Angus MacGyver!!! tongue.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll