Which was your favorite Jack Dalton Episode?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
Which was your favorite Jack Dalton Episode and Why?
Jack of Lies [ 2 ]  [8.70%]
Dalton, Jack of Spies [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
Jack In The Box [ 3 ]  [13.04%]
The Odd Triple [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The Mask of the Wolf [ 3 ]  [13.04%]
Rock The Cradle [ 5 ]  [21.74%]
On A Wing and a Prayer [ 2 ]  [8.70%]
Ma Dalton [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Brainwashed [ 6 ]  [26.09%]
The Mountain of Youth [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacNymph
  Posted on 25 June 2007 - 04:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



What was your favorite episode with Jack? I could only get 10 episodes in the poll. Chose Jack heavy episodes. Others he appeared in were:

Partners
Lost Love (1 & 2)
Unfinished Business
Serenity
Jenny's Chance
Hind Sight



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jesse
Posted on 25 June 2007 - 10:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 20
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: U.S.
SAK owned: Fieldmaster

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I liked the whole baby thing with Mac and Jack in general... it was a nice change. Jenny's Chance comes in second, cuz Jack's awesome playing that guy and the whole episode in general was just plain amazing.

And of course, any ep where he says his famous "exxxxxACTLY"

:-)

J



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Old Fan
Posted on 25 June 2007 - 12:45 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 374
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Bazookas?... you cannot explain Bazookas!

Partners is my favorite - the hospital scene...

rolleyes.gif jeep.gif



That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted on 25 June 2007 - 02:01 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



While I love him in all episodes, I'd have to say Jack in the Box is my favorite. I like the movie Cool Hand Luke, so I enjoyed the whole prison backdrop of this story and MacGyver's irritation at Jack, of course. wink.gif When they're stuck in close quarters like that, it just makes their relationship even funnier.



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 25 June 2007 - 02:20 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



oh Maaaan.

This is a tough a choice.

lemme get back to ya.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 25 June 2007 - 09:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



To be honest I like it when Jack is just involved. Part of the team, instead of dragging MacGyver into one of his adventures. Episodes like Partners, Friends, Lost Love, On a wing and a prayer, Ma Dalton, Brainwashed, Unfinished Business and Serenity. I deliberately kept Jenny's Chance out because that episode is one of the worst episodes.

This doesn't mean like dragging your friends into adventures is not fun. Jack of Lies has something nostalgic. Mac, Jack and Mike sharing one last adventure together. Admitted though, Jack in the Box is one of the better and also one of the rougher episodes. The Odd Triple was alright. Mask of the Wolf well is just great because MacGyver seemed annoyed by Jack the whole time. Rock the Cradle, well just like Three men and a baby.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
tandt14
Posted on 26 June 2007 - 12:47 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 194
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Land of Confusion
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



That is NOT a fair poll. Needs "All of the Above" as an option. I love EVERY Jack Dalton episode so much so that I can't pick a favorite!!! jump.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted on 26 June 2007 - 04:21 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



I love all the Jack Dalton episodes. Jack adds great comic relief and is also a loyal friend to MacGyver. (It was so cool to actually see Jack coming to the rescue in "On a Wing and a Prayer") If I had to pick a few favorites- I'd probably say the episodes that have MacGyver, Pete and Jack all together- those are really great- like "Partners", "The Odd Triple" (definitely love this one), "Unfinished Business" and "Jenny's Chance" and "Rock the Cradle". (I know there's others still...)
And I really love Jack's first appearance in "Jack of Lies" when he takes all MacGyver's stuff just as a joke! biggrin.gif
And probably for the treasure hunting stuff, I also enjoy "Mask of the Wolf" and "The Mountain of Youth". And I have to mention Jack and Mac's scenes in "Lost Love" (Parts 1 and 2)- the part where Jack and Mac are trying to "steal" the Ming Dragon from Mac's own security system- that's just hilarious!

All right, I'm stopping here before I list every single episode Jack appears in! tongue.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGirl
Posted on 27 June 2007 - 03:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I said Jack of Lies. Not only is this the first eppy where we see Jack, but his antics are hilarious. Love him stealing all of Mac's stuff, his questionable compass and listening to rock music on the way, with no two-way radio going, and then his "tricks of me trade" line. Oh, and of course, the scene where he comes swinging down on the rope! clapping.gif Too funny!! I also love the MacGyverisms in this one, especially the compressed gas cylinder bomb.

On a more serious note, I love it because Jack winds up saving Mac and Mike at the end, at the expense of (we think) his own life.



Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 27 June 2007 - 05:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Ohhh! I can’t vote for just one either. They all have great little Jack moments. I think the one I liked least was Ma Dalton (Jack should never be sad! sad.gif ) but don’t know about my favourite. I have a soft spot for Jack of lies because it introduced Jack to me but I like them all. Should have had more Jack in the series dry.gif . I sometimes I prefer watching Jack over MacGyver surprise.gif !

*huggles for Jack* happy.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Amy
Posted on 28 June 2007 - 12:38 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 643
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Aw man. How'm I s'posed to pick just one? lol. Gotta get back to ya!



"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
JLC31383
Posted on 28 June 2007 - 05:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I chose "Mountain of Youth" because it was the first episode I saw with Jack Dalton. I know that is weird because that would be his last appearance on the show. But as I said when I introduced myself- I ended up seeing later seasons first when I started watching it cause that was where WGN was at. Anyway, I do have a thing for this episode with it being the one just before "The Stringer."

I really would consider "Lost Love" to be my favorite episode with Jack Dalton, but I understand the poster was not able to get that onto the choices. It is the first of three 2-parters in the series. I love the way it has both Mac and Dalton decide to break into a security room and steal a priceless dragon statue for the bad people in this episode. I find it hilarious the way Mac switches it out in the shop while being pursued by the ones wanting to get it.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 28 June 2007 - 05:44 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



It's my poll and I still haven't decided myself happy.gif I'm reviewing the candidates. biggrin.gif

The theft scene in Lost Love was hilarious. I always watch that part twice. Funny funny funny laugh.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
j12752
Posted on 10 July 2007 - 05:24 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Tough to pick a favborite, just loved the Jack Dalton episodes. I picked "Brainwashed" for the humor which still gets me



 
                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted on 21 July 2007 - 07:55 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 25 June 2007 - 02:55 PM)
oh Maaaan.

This is a tough a choice.

lemme get back to ya.

Yeah! Me too. It's my own question and i still can't decide. laugh.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac
Posted on 21 July 2007 - 01:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



On a Wing and a Prayer, no doubt about it, even though it wins by only a teeeeeny margin since I love all Jack eps. smile.gif

It's a combination of factors--great story, mortal peril, humour ("Your slip knot's not slipping!"), ingenuity (love the way Jack and Mac came up with a way to get that plane airborne!), and it features our three main guys. What's not to love?

Mac



"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."


 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted on 7 August 2007 - 02:12 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



I just watched "Unfinished busines" today. But my favorite Jack episode has to be "Jack in the box". I love that episode! My favorite part is at the end where Jack pushes the Prison Manager and makes him drop the stick of dinamite, then MacGyver puts it into the briefcase and we all know what happens after that. I really thought their reactions to the 5 million dollars being blown up was hilarious.
"Five million Bucks."-Jack "
Don't worry about it Jack....It's only money...."-MacGyver
Love that part! laugh.gif



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 8 August 2007 - 08:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverfan717 @ 7 August 2007 - 03:47 AM)
I just watched "Unfinished busines" today. But my favorite Jack episode has to be "Jack in the box". I love that episode! My favorite part is at the end where Jack pushes the Prison Manager and makes him drop the stick of dinamite, then MacGyver puts it into the briefcase and we all know what happens after that. I really thought their reactions to the 5 million dollars being blown up was hilarious.
"Five million Bucks."-Jack "
Don't worry about it Jack....It's only money...."-MacGyver
Love that part! laugh.gif

I would've killed Mac as well. You knock out two villains and you've got five million bucks in your hands. There was a pool not even one feet away to throw the dynamite in.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 8 August 2007 - 09:36 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Or better still... just pull the fuse out and throw that away.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 8 August 2007 - 09:41 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 7 August 2007 - 11:11 PM)
Or better still... just pull the fuse out and throw that away.

Yeah. happy.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted on 8 August 2007 - 11:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Yeah, but storyline-wise, if Jack had gotten the money, it may have changed his whole character, as he might actually have finally gotten his Dalton Air business founded and run a succesful business and been pretty happy- and you wouldn't have any more of these great Jack Dalton suckering MacGyver into (mis)adventures episodes! smile.gif

but then again, he may have just wound up squandering it all and been right back to his old "get rich quick" schemes and still managing to draw MacGyver into it (albeit begrudgingly) biggrin.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyversCrush
Posted on 11 August 2007 - 03:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 79
Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I also love Jack.. He is my favorite Guest Star character.

But I went with Rock the Cradle..

The whole Jack and Mac not knowing what to do with the baby, Jack buying beer instead of diapers.. Using a shirt as makeshift diapers. Pete shooing them off at thier lack of baby skills.. Calls out for cloth diapers, not knowing about disposiable (sp) ones..

Yeah the whole 3 men and baby thing.. biggrin.gif


But I love them all..


You wonder how they ever became friends in the first place and manged not to kill each other.. lol



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted on 1 July 2008 - 01:14 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat




Favorite Jack Dalton episode:

If I had to choose my top 3 faves:
hmm.bmp Partners, Lost Love (parts 1 and 2), and Ma Dalton.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Zerocool1089
Posted on 26 August 2008 - 04:40 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: United States
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I voted for The Mask Of The Wolf.. now I loved Brainwash, that's a very memorable Jack Dalton episode, and I can see why it got the most votes, but in The Mask Of The Wolf it was interesting to see how Jack Dalton was really concerned for the Chief, and the episode had great adventure in it.

As my second favorite, I would probably chose.. Jack In The Box.. that to me was also good because the whole idea of MacGyver, and Jack Dalton in prison was interesting. And I loved how Jack was desperate to find the hidden treasure. Good Episode.





 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll