Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.
     

Nikki Carpenter
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 1 ]  [1.85%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [5.56%]
user posted image [ 5 ]  [9.26%]
user posted image [ 19 ]  [35.19%]
user posted image [ 26 ]  [48.15%]
Total Votes: 54
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Liz1976
Posted on 2 November 2008 - 02:45 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I like Nikki. She's a complex woman with struggles and issues (obviously the loss of her husband in a car bombing creates a situation for her). Even if she's not a love intrest for Mac, she makes a good friend and coworker for Mac and Pete. Penny can be fun, but not much depth and complexity.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Arafel
Posted on 4 November 2008 - 06:05 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 41
Joined: 4 Nov 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: New England
SAK owned: Traveller

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I never minded the character of Nikki but I do think they tried to force her into the show. She might have been more accepted if they had spaced out her apperances and made her more of a semi-recurring character like Jack Dalton.



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 4 November 2008 - 01:12 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



That's a good point. They certainly did cram her in as much as they could.

I'm not sure if that was really a bad thing, but it was may well have had the too much too soon effect.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Murdoc12
Posted on 16 March 2009 - 10:35 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 135
Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Assassin & Partners
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



Yeah Nikki was pretty good. Of all the females she was one of my two favorites (along with Mike, who didn't come in much). I thought she was good, especially in "Fire and Ice" when they meet.



"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

 
PM                                                                     
Top
macsgirl1
  Posted on 4 May 2009 - 12:55 PM                                    
Quote Post


Retired Member
***

Posts: 183
Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I personally think that her and Mac would have made a good couple. blush.gif But it would have made me jealous. nasty.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 5 May 2009 - 07:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Happy B-day Nikki. w00t.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
aatgmac
Posted on 5 May 2009 - 08:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 88
Joined: 8 Mar 2009
Gender:  Female
Country:
SAK owned: Minichamp

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



It was Nikki's birthday? Cool! I been watching quite a few Nikki episodes, going for a marathon of season 3 at the moment, and I must say her character is even better than I remembered. Very comical and touching, they make great friends and partners.



-Every Action has an equal and opposite reaction

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 10 May 2009 - 10:48 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I just realized that Nikki's birthday is the same as Elyssa Davalos birthday.

They used her actual birthday for the character.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
macsgirl1
  Posted on 10 May 2009 - 11:13 AM                                    
Quote Post


Retired Member
***

Posts: 183
Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



That is neat! w00t.gif


Happy birthday Nikki! party.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 31 May 2009 - 10:19 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



happy birthday. ^^



 
                                                                     
Top
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 1 June 2009 - 06:44 AM                                    
Quote Post


Retired Member
******

Posts: 850
Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Arafel @ 3 November 2008 - 02:05 PM)
I never minded the character of Nikki but I do think they tried to force her into the show. She might have been more accepted if they had spaced out her apperances and made her more of a semi-recurring character like Jack Dalton.

I can see Nikki and Jack as a couple. They are both strong willed and have a common interest Mac. It would've been fun to see Mac trying to get both of them out of jams, because they've learned from Mac. But Nikki still rubbed me the wrong way.

I guess it was because she started out strong, then ended up weak.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 1 June 2009 - 07:15 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I don't think Nikki ended up weak. In Fire and Ice, The Widowmaker, Blow Out and Early Retirement she sure wasn't afraid of getting into a physical fight. The Negotiator was her last episode (unfortunately), I think she sure was strong in that episode especially when she called Mac about the dead dog. Upset no doubt, but weak? No way.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted on 1 June 2009 - 12:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



I don't think Nikki is weak either. If she was weak she could not handle her job so well. As I recalled she was a secret agent or something before she met Mac and joined the Phoenix, and she demonstrated her 'toughness' in 'Early Retirement'. She might be weak physically speaking but psychologically she is a strong woman.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 2 June 2009 - 07:37 AM                                    
Quote Post


Retired Member
******

Posts: 850
Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---




The character of Nikki started strong, but the show weakend her character by cramming her down peoples throats. I liked Elyssa Davalos that played Nikki. I think Zoe could've made a better love interest for Mac. Just my thoughts, but that is compairing apples to oranges.

This post has been edited by MacNymph on 7 June 2009 - 05:52 AM



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Miasma
Posted on 28 August 2009 - 02:55 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,045
Joined: 9 Oct 2008
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I liked Nikki, and wish they kept her on the show. I do think they weakened her a bit, and I would have liked to see her be a bit more proactive sometimes (as opposed to relying so much on Mac-- makes me wonder how successful she could have been as an agent when she doesn't have Mac around.)

One thing I wonder about-- Season 2 ended with an episode called "For Money Or Love", in which Mac teams up with a female agent he doesn't get along with. For years, I always remembered that character as being Nikki, but when I got the DVD set, I realized it was a different character (I forget her name now.) I wonder if that character was kind of a prototype for Nikki, though. If you think about it, "For Money Or Love" could have worked pretty much the same way with Nikki there.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 28 August 2009 - 09:52 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Yeah I've wondered the same thing myself and it wouldn't surprise me if Nikki was born of that character. We've seen the same thing with Quayle being an early Murdoc like character, also the 3 men who appeared to be both Quayle and Crane's (silent world) bosses appear to have been early versions of what would later become HIT.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 29 August 2009 - 01:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I liked Nikki enough to see her and MacGyver falling in love, they both are strong willed character's once she left the show, i don't know why it lefted me feeling that there could of been something between her and MacGyver. i also wondered why she left the show was it because the fangirls of that time and age didn't want her to get with MacGyver?



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 29 August 2009 - 03:39 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



That's exactly why. The same reason every girl in MacGyver's life didn't last very long.

You gotta wonder if StarGate received the same kind of response whenever they hinted at Jack and Sam having a thing



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Pepino1309
Posted on 30 August 2009 - 05:50 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 70
Joined: 7 Aug 2009
Gender:  Female
Country: Illinois
SAK owned: Ranger

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:hard to pick just one
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Beachbead @ 28 August 2009 - 07:22 PM)
I liked Nikki enough to see her and MacGyver falling in love, they both are strong willed character's once she left the show, i don't know why it lefted me feeling that there could of been something between her and MacGyver. i also wondered why she left the show was it because the fangirls of that time and age didn't want her to get with MacGyver?

I agree that they wanted to keep the fans happy and a vast majority of the fans didn't want Mac to have an intimate relationship with any woman.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 2 September 2009 - 08:28 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Pepino1309 @ 30 August 2009 - 05:50 AM)
QUOTE (Beachbead @ 28 August 2009 - 07:22 PM)
I liked Nikki enough to see her and MacGyver falling in love, they both are strong willed character's once she left the show, i don't know why it lefted me feeling that there could of been something between her and MacGyver. i also wondered why she left the show was it because the fangirls of that time and age didn't want her to get with MacGyver?

I agree that they wanted to keep the fans happy and a vast majority of the fans didn't want Mac to have an intimate relationship with any woman.

It would of been interesting to see MacGyver with a woman that was more like him I think if they found that right match with MacGyver then the fans of been more willing to see themselves as that girl.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 September 2009 - 09:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Wasn't Nikki more like him at the start?




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 2 September 2009 - 11:04 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Now I think about she was, but some how down the road each writer changed her, a little hear and there.



 
                                                                     
Top
Miasma
Posted on 3 September 2009 - 07:51 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,045
Joined: 9 Oct 2008
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Beachbead @ 2 September 2009 - 11:04 AM)
Now I think about she was, but some how down the road each writer changed her, a little hear and there.

To me, she changed very quickly. In "Fire & Ice", she struck me as a take-charge kind of woman. In "GX-1," she whined a lot. In "Blow-Out," she was basically just a damsel in distress who couldn't look out for herself. It's a shame they took her in that direction-- the series really had a shortage of strong female characters, and I would have liked Nikki to be Mac's equal in terms of being self-sufficient. Turning her into yet another woman who needs Mac to save her was too cliche.

And I also think it's a shame they got rid of her just because some fans didn't want her to be a love-interest. Why wouldn't it be possible to have a strong female character in the show WITHOUT her being a love interest? She could have just been another agent.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Shiloh
Posted on 28 September 2009 - 09:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 17
Joined: 2 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:"The Heist"
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



QUOTE (lucky charley @ 15 August 2008 - 08:54 AM)
headbutt.gif wasn't the same actor MacGyvers lost love? harhar.gif

That's why I could never take to her.

Now, if they'd cast another actress in the role, maybe it would've been different.
But all she did was annoy me!

I recently watched the episode in which Mike died,
and I know Nikki went to find Mac to help him,
but there were times when I just wanted to boxing.gif her!


(Mind you, I did like Elyssa Davalos as Lisa) wink.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacLovin
Posted on 7 February 2010 - 11:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 54
Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Gender:  Female
Country: US
SAK owned: pink knockoff

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I really liked Nikki's character. She wasn't weak and annoying like a lot of the female character's seemed to be and Elyssa is a good actress. I wish they would've kept her around. I wonder why they didn't ever speak of her again? That was kinda weird, don't ya think?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 7 February 2010 - 12:07 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Well they dropped her character because of all the negative feedback they got from fans, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have still mentioned her in passing I suppose.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 13 February 2010 - 06:52 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Well Nikki is mentioned in Unfinished Business and shown in the flasbacks of The Widowmaker and Early Retirement. That was the last time she was seen and heard of. Though it would've been great if she actually did had some episodes in season 4, 5 and 6.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Posted on 3 May 2010 - 10:42 AM                                    
Quote Post





Posts: 0
Joined: --
Gender:  Male
Country: MA, USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



My brother and I just finished watching season four, I turned to him and asked: "whatever happened to Nikki?" doh.gif
When I saw under all the episodes that she was in and realized they were all in the third season, it struck me as very odd and sad.
Did they give any sort of explanation of what she went off to? I didn't think they had. She did get a little flashback moment in "unfinished business" but I think that's hardly fair.



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 3 May 2010 - 06:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



no they didn't give any explanation. They ditched her because of fan pressure against MacGyver having any female companions. They had the same problem with Maria Romburg in later seasons which eventually lead to her dumping as well.

He talks about the Nikki & Maria resonses from fans in this interview with Joan Rivers.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
lostsouls
Posted on 3 May 2010 - 09:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 47
Joined: 9 Jan 2010
Gender:  Female
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Phoenix Under Siege,Passages
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I was thinking the same thing...I thought I missed the episode she's gone.That's too bad because I really loved Nikki sad.gif



"This is one of those times when you go one way or the other and the
rest of your life depends upon which way you pick."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll