MacGyver solving your problems!!!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 November 2007 - 10:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Imagine you having problems. In the end you decide to go to MacGyver with your problems. What kind of problems would that be?



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 20 November 2007 - 04:40 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Oh boy what problems would I give MacGyver?

How about a boss that is so afraid of conflict he won't make a decision?

I'm pretty independent but there are times that my boss needs to make a decision. There's nothing like busting your butt for 2 solid months on a high profile project and then having your boss trash what you've done at the weekly staff meeting.

Or maybe the nasty evil co-worker that constantly trashes you behind your back?

Got one of those in the department, too.

And then there is the remodel project from hell.

Actually, Mac could probably handle this one.

This is just a partial list. Most of my problems aren't that bad, and short of quitting my job or giving my boss a personality transplant for Christmas, I deal with the rest by biting my tongue, consuming copius amounts of caffeine and designing jewelry.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 20 November 2007 - 05:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 20 November 2007 - 11:16 AM)
Imagine you having problems. In the end you decide to go to MacGyver with your problems. What kind of problems would that be?

homework



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 November 2007 - 11:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 20 November 2007 - 06:13 AM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 20 November 2007 - 11:16 AM)
Imagine you having problems. In the end you decide to go to MacGyver with your problems. What kind of problems would that be?

homework

Probably.

Problems that would make me go to him? Frankly, I don't know. Considered my problems of last year, I probably wouldn't have just went to him, I'd probably moved in with him.

But now...



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
jackwabbit
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 03:08 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Can Mac make a dog's calcium levels drop? Or get the lab at Michigan State to hurry up with said dog's bloodwork? Or maybe just get the specialist to call me back so I can actually have my day off? (in which I have much to do but must instead deal with this)

Didn't think so...

So I sit and wait by the phone...

But it's all good. At least I'm doing so AT home.

biggrin.gif



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 03:31 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



All of my problems could be easily solved with an application of high explosives! happy.gif

I'd call Mac to come over with some of his 'Bounty' bars and a cooking timer! blowup.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
jackwabbit
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 08:26 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Oh, excellent idea, Loth!

I'm doing better, despite having to go back to the clinic shortly after the msg above and work for a while...ok, a longish while...but things seem ok at the moment...

Is that a shoe I seeing slowly falling from the sky?

Yep, I think it's the proverbial 'other' shoe...hm...

(wabbit hides under the blankets and hopes it misses)



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Old Fan
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 02:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 374
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



The thought of using hight explosives is - of course - just one option among many - when I think of some previous employers and how they treated me (just kidding!)

I know that violence never solves anything - but I bet a good explosion sure'd get their attention...


jeep.gif



That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 02:20 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



I definitely would have appreciated some help from MacGyver for the upper echelons of science- particularly high school chemistry. By far the worst class I've ever had in any grade! (And it wasn't the subject- believe me, it was the teacher.)
I think MacGyver could have explained things a lot better. smile.gif duct.gif sak.gif MacG.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 21 November 2007 - 03:48 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Old Fan @ 21 November 2007 - 03:13 PM)
I know that violence never solves anything -

I've never understood that saying.

if you've got a jerk of a boss.. blowing him up would solve that particular issue rather effectively... wouldn't it?



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Old Fan
Posted: 22 November 2007 - 02:15 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 374
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yes, but then there'd be the police, resisting arrest, shooting, blood... it would be even more unpleasant.

Actually, this last horrible boss I had, tried to make my life miserable... to get me to quit. I lasted another 11 months, before she let me go - so she could hire someone with about 30 years less experience - so she could pay them less. I ended up getting paid unemployment for 6 months, and she ended getting exactly what she paid for... [if you get my meaning] - so there is some justice in the world.

rolleyes.gif jeep.gif



That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGirl
Posted: 22 November 2007 - 02:53 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



This sounds a bit odd, but I'd like to hear what Mac would have to say about handling money.

I'm having a bankruptcy discharge hearing on Tuesday, and I'd love some advice about how to avoid getting into problems again. Knowing Mac, he'd have some off-kilter but effective ideas.





Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 22 November 2007 - 03:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGirl @ 21 November 2007 - 07:53 PM)
This sounds a bit odd, but I'd like to hear what Mac would have to say about handling money.

His philosophy on money mostly seems to have been "keep expenses down, keep expenses covered, and give the rest away" . . .



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 24 November 2007 - 01:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Sounds about right...and good advice! smile.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll