SUCCESS!, Gatecon passes confirmed!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacsChick
Posted: 4 July 2008 - 05:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I'm a member of that RDA site, and yes, I did read the update. I agree with MacBeth--I don't interpret what he said as an absolute refusal to reprise his role.



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted: 4 July 2008 - 06:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 4 July 2008 - 03:38 AM)
I hope someones taking a video camera with them!


I'm afraid filming will not be allowed. But I hope they will sell a DVD of the event afterwards!



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
SHEILA
  Posted: 4 July 2008 - 08:41 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



I must I can not wait to see the pictures of Gatecon.I know there is no way I will ever be able to attend one of these events,but specking to outher fans and seening the pics of the event will be just as good.I also cannot wait to here RDA talk about MacGyver.That will be great. I wonder what he thinks about MacGyver being a TV Icon.I mean everyone in the world must know something about Macgyver.I do anyway.Or may I am getting ahead of myself.I guess all fans of Macgyver think everyone knows you he is.



Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
trtlsoup
Posted: 5 July 2008 - 02:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


RIP Laura - we miss you.
*******

Posts: 1,960
Joined: 4 Mar 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



I can't wait for you all to go! (WAIT! That didn't sound right...) ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

I want to hear all your adventures as the rest of us live through those that are attending the con.

Pictures, pictures... and reports! wink.gif



"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
jknnej
Posted: 11 July 2008 - 02:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 142
Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Are there any more passes to be purchased?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
jknnej
Posted: 11 July 2008 - 02:55 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 142
Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I am in the process of finding out if I can swing the trip. Wouldn't that be great? No more VIP passes, but at least regular ones are still available.
I'll find out more tomorrow when I check rental cars-
does anyone know if you can take a car you rent in Seattle to Canada?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 11 July 2008 - 04:54 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Yes,you can rent a car in Seattle and drive to Vancouver. Just check your car insurance beforehand, tell the rental company where you're going, allow time for the border crossing (slower in summer, but there's plenty of website info), bring your passport, and remember the speed limits in Canada are in kilometres.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
jknnej
Posted: 11 July 2008 - 05:07 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 142
Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I looked up passports and it said if you have your birth certificate, that will work to get into Canada. Anyone know if this is correct? I don't have a passport yet. I heard it takes a long time to get one, too. Anyone know?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 11 July 2008 - 05:16 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



The law has been changed too much, too recently, for me to know with certainty any more. I got my passport a couple of years ago, when they were telling us it would be required by the end of 2007 for all border crossings; now that has been postponed. Regulations vary depending on whether you're driving or flying (or in a boat), and there are different laws for crossing into Canada and for returning to the US.

It's wise to look up current regulations online, and make sure what you're reading really is the current law. Best of all is to have your passport, if you can. If you can't make absolutely sure you know you're all right without it.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
jknnej
Posted: 12 July 2008 - 06:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 142
Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yeah, I was trying to convince my hubby to go to Gatecon, then I realized I cannot justify spending an excess of two grand just to meet RDA. Not that he's not worth it, but I have a lot of other uses for that money!
I decided I am not going to go, even though my hubby said it would be ok. But, I look forward to hearing what everyone says about it!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 12 July 2008 - 02:04 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



The border crossings are in transition to require everyone entering the US to have a passporet, regardless of means of travel. Currently, if you are flying into the US, you must have a valid passport and, depending on your country of origin, you may also need a visa.

The deadline for driving across the border was pushed back, but may be in effect by the time GateCon rolls around. I renewed my passport this year in January when I was planning my Scotland trip. I got the completed and renewed passport before the city courthouse cashed my check to pay the processing fee. biggrin.gif The Feds have hired a lot more people to process passports and it takes a lot less time. Because it is so close to the event, you can also pay the expidition fee for faster processing.

This question came up somewhere else (not MOL) about clearing Customs and getting the finger print scan. It goes really fast. The little finger scanner gadget scans both hands at once. If you are entering the US, have your passport ready and your Customs form filled out beforehand. Be polite and follow directions and you shouldn't have a problem. The Customs inspectors can sometimes be buttheads, but you don't want to argue with them or you may find the entry process a lot longer.

I had no problems re-entering the US after spending nearly 2 weeks in Scotland. I had to go through an additional clearing since I stayed on at a B&B that was on a farm, but it went really fast. Just don't bring in any agricultural products or animal products and you'll be fine.



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll