 |
| MacGyverGod |
|

Director of Intelligence
        
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat

|
Well after searching for an older 'goodbye' topic. Last year's was probably that big 'problem topic', I made in which I wrote my goodbyes. And the topics don't go back any further than the recovery of the crash. I'm going back to the mountains again for the next week and a half. I'll try to come back later today to snoop around one more time before leaving. You see this time, I'm going along with the car instead of the bus, leaving tomorrow morning instead of this evening. The bus picks up the group at 5:30 pm, (my time) to arrive tomorrow morning at 9 am. That's approximately almost a 14 hour drive!!! For a 900 or maybe 1000 kilometers trip? Tomorrow morning another group follows with the car, which includes me. We leave at 5 'o clock in the morning. Should arrive there same time in the afternoon. Switching driver every 300 km. This got one big advantage, I don't have to wait all day to get into the room and on the way back, we don't have to wait all day to get on the bus either. So goodbye than, I'll check in on you guys later and if not see you within 10 days and who knows maybe I'll meet someone familiar over there in a red ski outfit!

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
|
| |
|
| MacGyverGod |
|

Director of Intelligence
        
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat

|
Thanks, y'all. I got back this evening. It's been a great trip. There was only not much room in the car for a ten hour drive. I'm little bit stiff. There were five of us in the car and I sat in the middle for nearly the whole time during both rides. First thing I realised when I was 2 minutes in the car was that I forgot my sunglasses, so I had to buy me another one. After a 10 hour drive we arrived at the chalet, so we didn't had to wait a whole day to go in. Of course the bus ride has his charms as well, like driving all night. So when we arrive we had two chalets at hand for about thirty persons. Of course the balcony was splitted in two by a board, but we screwed it out so we could walk back and forth in the two chalets. Unfortunately we had to put it back after two days. It was easier that way, using one chalet for eating and the other to party.
Than on our next day almost every thing on the mountain was closed because of the weather with exception of two areas. Anyway it was good enough to practice. I tell you it was hard getting back into it. Fell really hard on my butt couple of times. Sitting down wasn't easy to last couple of days. Somehow I fell on my lips in the snow and no one knows how that was possible but it did happen and it caused a bleeding. Had a few days of snow and very foggy weather. Snowboarding in the mountains with very little eyesight, is very scaring since you have to move on vision. So I went very slow than but it's scaring.
The third day I had an accident with a skiing kid. Why couldn't that be someone in a red ski outfit? You see, I was taking my inside turn and he couldn't avoid me entirely anymore. His ski made a deep cut in my knee. At first I thought it was just a bruise but by the time I reached the chalet again the blood was running down my leg into my sock. First aid was done but when I took a shower the blood was really gushing out of my knee. We were thinking of getting a doctor if the bleeding didn't stop, I bled for about an hour before it really stopped. I never saw blood gushing out of my knee like that. It was deep but I knew I was going to be fine because I wasn't dizzy, shaking or losing consciousness. It just happened in a fraction of second. The next day I was on my board again, with a knee band aid on, but I could board again as always. Than a few days ago we made our own snow bar in the snow. We dug a pit, made a counter of snow and stuffed some of our booze in holes in and around the counter and we made stairs in the snow. And than I tried to get some tan in the snow but the weather wasn't that good, I think it was the only last two days we really had some sun, so the tan is not that great. Not as great as last year that is. Than I made a fall twice on the same spot and hurt my shoulder. I can't support on it so good.
Of course the worst thing is always that last day when you're going down for the last time and have that final party. We had to get out of chalet on 8 o' clock in the morning. Cleaning up the whole place so we had to get up at 6:30 am. We only slept for like four hours.
So despite my injuries I sure had a good time, the snow was good on some points, we had great parties and headaches in the morning but hey those are the consequences and I hope I can go again next year, though there were doubts. But if they go, I'll go with them.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
|
| |
|
| MacGyverGod |
|

Director of Intelligence
        
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat

|
| QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 10 April 2008 - 03:32 AM) | | Sounds like you had a great time. When I went to school in northern Wisconsin we used to put our booze in between the inside and outside windows to keep it cold. Welcome back and glad you weren't hurt too badly. If you get a cut like that again, put a gauze pad over it and apply pressure through the gauze. It will help stop the bleeding. |
We left our booze at the balcony. My knee is alright, the crust is slowly coming off, though if you really touch it, it still hurts for a few moments, but it'll heal. We used a band aid, gauze pad and bandages.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
|
| |
|
|
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
|
|
 |
 |
Track this topic
Receive email notification when a reply has been made to this topic and you are not active on the board.
Subscribe to this forum
Receive email notification when a new topic is posted in this forum and you are not active on the board.
Download / Print this Topic
Download this topic in different formats or view a printer friendly version.
|
|
 |
|