Why does this happen???, Something at my website in APril/May
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
DXS
Posted: 15 May 2008 - 01:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 121
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Vitorinox

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Legend of the Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



I have the MacGyverisms on my website, I was the one who originally wrote the list up.

The web site doesn't get that many hits, except in April/May timeframe. For about the last ten years, my web site gets lots and lots of "hits" in the April/May timeframe. Each year, it exceeds my bandwidth. ONE year, I added bandwidth to be "nice."

What in the world is going on in April/May that causes this to my web site each year? Just curious!

I deleted a lot of the logs because it was taking up space, so I don't have the logs to look at any more.

web site is: http://www.concentric.net/~jjdippel/dxspage.html

Right now nobody can access it because bandwidth has been exeeded. It should be ok again on May 20.

JJ



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 15 May 2008 - 06:29 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



I have no idea why your site should suddenly spike in hits during April and May- that is quite interesting. But let me say while I'm here that your list is incredibly great! smile.gif I hope you don't mind that I've archived it on my MacGyver fan site- (http://MacGyver.250free.com)- at the time I wasn't sure that you still updated the site or if it was even still available. And I also made sure to credit you with the MacGyverisms list to begin with. But I know how the bandwidth issue goes and that can definitely be annoying though good at the same time. Great to know your site is getting hits- but bad to know that you've run out of bandwidth.
Sorry about that- at least you have some fair-weather (April and May) friends that visit your site. hmm.bmp



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 15 May 2008 - 09:01 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



You have so many hits that your site is down....

so you put the link up?

whistle.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
DXS
Posted: 15 May 2008 - 10:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 121
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Vitorinox

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Legend of the Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



I know some have taken the list and made improvements, such as adding one or two that I missed..... adding some nice graphics, etc. FOR THE RECORD: I don't care..... as long as they don't claim they were first. I don't care if I get "credit" or not, I just don't want someone claiming they did it first. I was the one who wrote it up. I just did it because it was needed and no one else attempted it. In fact, it's been so long since I did that, and technology has changed..... I FORGOT HOW I POSTED IT!!! I know I used some type of FTP....... but it was mid 90's technology.....

In fact, I was thinking of cancelling the ISP where I have it because I don't use it any more, but I keep it just for the MacGyverisms, and basically because... I FORGOT HOW I POSTED IT AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE IT DOWN!

And, yes, I know I posted a link to a site that you can't get to because of the bandwidth hits....... But it should be ok again on May 20. I just wish I knew why I get the "spike" every April/May.

I'm wondering if engineers in college use it for some type of engineering thing that is due around then..... or some kind of contest?????

JJ



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 15 May 2008 - 10:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Best way to figure it out is to look at your logs and stats for that time period and see where the hits are coming from and what they are looking at. Anything else would be purely speculation.

didn't you have some other information about wild shrubs and plants which can be eaten? or something about survival?




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
DXS
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 12:37 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 121
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Vitorinox

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Legend of the Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 14 May 2008 - 03:24 PM)
Best way to figure it out is to look at your logs and stats for that time period and see where the hits are coming from and what they are looking at. Anything else would be purely speculation.

didn't you have some other information about wild shrubs and plants which can be eaten? or something about survival?

Rocketeer, you are right, I DO have something about shrubs and plants you can eat, and Survival in the woods! Holy cow! Maybe it's not the MacGyverisms causing the spike!

JJ



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 May 2008 - 01:44 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



yep, could be people getting clued up for some summer hiking and camping. wink.gif



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll