gone for a few days
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacBeth
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 11:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I'll be offline for most of the weekend -- I'm going to be in Colorado, officiating a wedding! I figure I'll be about midway between Lothi and Grrl, and an unknown distance from MChick. If I hear anyone sneaking up behind me, watch it: I have a trout and I'm not afraid to use it.

And I'm taking my SAK with me!

Anyone else have weekend plans? Unfortunately, the non-US members don't get Monday off . . . sad.gif Maybe we could declare it an official MacHoliday?



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 12:15 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Where in Colorado? I grew up in Evergreen, now I live in Highlands Ranch, and someday soon I hope to live in the less populated western slope of the state. I don't know how well you know the state, but it's gorgeous! Enjoy it! biggrin.gif Oh, and don't worry...I won't stalk you. wink.gif happy.gif Have fun!



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 12:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Have fun and travel safely! biggrin.gif
And if you slip off the side of the mountain and find yourself rolling toward the east, my apartment is the one on the end with two overfed kitties sitting in the windowsill! laugh.gif

cool.jpg



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 12:41 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MChick)
Where in Colorado?
<snip>
I don't know how well you know the state, but it's gorgeous! Enjoy it! 

The wedding is in Loveland. I was born in Washington, raised in New Mexico , went to college in Oregon and grad school in Utah, and visited a good many other states including Colorado.

I just wish I was going to have time on this trip to get around a bit -- my very first trip above timberline was in Colorado many many years ago. I love the place! wub.gif



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 02:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



You are maybe 6-8 hr drive from me. When flying over give a wave.

My only holiday plans include working on several different art projects and creating simulated injuries for a big emergency response exercise we are having at my job site on Wednesday.

I also have laundry to get done and start getting some stuff done for my trip. 20 days and counting.

Have fun at the wedding. Give the happy couple my congrats. biggrin.gif



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
jackwabbit
Posted: 26 May 2008 - 01:01 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 704
Joined: 8 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



No holiday plans here, either....but wishing you safe journey and love and luck to all! See you when you get back!



"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 29 May 2008 - 01:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Back at last, and trying to catch up! On sleep, first.

The wedding was beautiful, and went off beautifully -- perfect weather and a great time; the only tiny glitch was when the woman who was supposed to be doing the music become so interested in the ceremony that she messed up her cue. She had been carefully coached that the first piece of music was supposed to be the one marked "Wedding #1", but she hit the other one ("Wedding #2"!) instead. Fortunately, either of the two pieces worked equally well in either place in the ceremony!

Anyone else do anything fun or interesting over the weekend?



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 29 May 2008 - 02:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Nah. Just wrote a bunch of stuff, frittered away the days watching Mr. Moto movies, and generally lazed about.

Wish I could have been in the Rockies with you! Sounds like you had a good ol' time! smile.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll