Anyone else incredibly stoked for the NBA Finals? I've long been a basketball fan- probably one of my favorite sports of all- and though I haven't watched much of the NBA in a while- I used to watch it a lot more when I was a kid. And I'm very excited this year for the NBA Finals because we finally have the Boston Celtics taking on the Los Angeles Lakers again!!! Wow- that's a classic rivalry- I remember the days in the '80s when it was Larry Bird vs. Magic Johnson! I saw most of the game last Thursday- lots of NBA greats were on hand for it- Earvin "Magic" Johnson was there as a guest commentator- and in the audience there was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell and Julius "Dr. J" Erving!!! WOW! That's cool that they all came out for the game.
And so far, the Boston Celtics lead the series 1-0, winning the first game 98-88.
This is so exciting for me- Larry Bird is pretty much one of my top favorite players- along with Pete "The Pistol" Maravich (who did play briefly for the Celtics, by the way- and was a great Christian guy!)- so anyway, it's incredible to see that same matchup again, for the first time since like 1987 or so! And it's the first time the Boston Celtics have been in the Finals in quite a while.
The next game is this Sunday night- I'll have to hurry home from church for that one! I'm rooting for Boston all the way. Go Celtics!