Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
You work for CBS/paramount and they've green lighted your request to remaster Season 1. But they've only given you the budget for four discs Which six episodes get cut?
Pilot The Golden Triangle Thief of Budapest The Gauntlet The Heist Trumbo's World Last Stand Hellfire The Prodigal Target MacGyver Nightmares Deathlock Flame's End Countdown The Enemy Within Every Time She Smiles To Be a Man Ugly Duckling Slow Death The Escape A Prisoner of Conscience The Assassin
~ MacNymph ~
Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
The last six then, I'm afraid. Those involves To be a man, Ugly Duckling and The Escape. Unfortunately it'll drag Slow Death, A Prisoner of Conscience and The Assassin with it.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Apartment
I will for sure keep first episodes because they have those great opening gambits and of course Pilot introduces the MacGyver The episodes I will cut should be too the last six (To Be a Man, Ugly Duckling, Slow Death, The Escape, A Prisoner of Conscience, The Assassin) even if I like the last two
Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
Ahhh... a dilemma! I have favourites and I have less favourites, but I don't think I would want to do away completely with entire episodes. I'd have to choose based on which ones I couldn't do without, and chop the rest...
If you force me to choose, I'd have to cut the following:
Trumbo's World it has a few good scenes of Mac being Mac, but seriously, if you've seen 'The Naked Jungle', it makes this episode kinda silly. Then I'd have to axe Thief of Budapest for the same reasons, 'The Italian Job'... plus I didn't much care for the Hollywood-flavored Gypsies. Hellfire because, really... I don't think so! Flame's End I love Robert Englund, but Amy makes my teeth brittle just with the sound of her voice. I'd have prefered a background story on Mac without the whole 'nuclear meltdown' threat... they went too far with the core overheating thing. Ugly Duckling is probably my least-least favourite, but I love the scenes with Mac and his old professor, and there are some GREAT lines in this ep... I'd cry if I had to cut it.
***thinking*** I guess Countdown would have to be my last choice, though I really couldn't, cause I consider it the backbone of Mac's whole 'bomb-defusing' backstory... I couldn't really entirely delete it.
God, that hurt! I couldn't go through with this, of course. I'd have to quit my job at Paramutt, after embezzling a whole lot of cash, steal the original reels of 'MacGyver' along with all the edited footage, and move to a country where I couldn't be extradited.
Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.
Old troubleshooters never die... They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE
I want to release the full season! no cuts!!
Me too.
Or The Thief of Budapest, The Prodigal and Flame's End. Than I don't have to drag Slow Death, A Prisoner of Conscience and The Assassin into the fall.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Posts: 0
Joined: --
Gender: Female
Country: Sweden
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
I would choose:
Thief of Budapest To Be a Man Last Stand The Escape The Enemy Within Ugly Duckling
I would cut theese episodes because i think they're pretty boring, and not that very exiting or interesting...But I still think they're okey, I just happen to like the other 16 episodes better
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
Hmm....
I bring down the ax on:
Thief of Budapest Last Stand The Prodigal Everytime She Smiles Ugly Duckling The Assassin
That said, I do prefer Last Stand to Target MacGyver, but I'm leaving the latter since it has some great Harry scenes!
Mac
"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate. My fandoms are getting to be confusing."
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 23 July 2007 - 11:26 PM)
how come no-one likes countdown?
I don't see Countdown on my list of 'ax-able' season 1 eps.
Mac
"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate. My fandoms are getting to be confusing."
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
I like Countdown as well.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Countdown is ok by me, but I do have to put on my 'belief suspender' hat for that episode, and crank it up to extra high.
Rant ahead-skip down if you want. : )
(If you're special forces, you use guns. Ok, maybe you can just get through training, etc, and then not carry one, but not likely. And you're still going to have to use them sometimes to qualify, etc. Now, if you're stateside and in some sort of non-field special forces job (um...ok...) then you might be able to get along without one, but in the jungles of Vietnam...? I think not. Now, Mac could have given them up later because of his childhood issues, but if they were that traumatic of memories for him, what are the odds he would have gone special forces to begin with? And even if he did give guns up after the war because of all the atrocities he saw there (I consider this more likely), I still have a hard time buying the way he just throws them away in later eps without unloading them, putting on safeties, or whatever. A special forces guy would not do that. He would keep the guns even if he had no intention of using them to keep the out of enemy hand or to use as a bluff or at least make them unusable to the enemy in some way. I suppose Mac could have been a civilian expert, but it's not really portrayed that way. And then there is the fact that in later eps Mac apparently forgets to be cool and collected when disarming bombs and seems to lose confidence in his abilities. Of course, I suppose that could be due to the death of his friend in Countdown, who was supposedly another expert. Hm...must think on that.)
Ok, I'm done with that now. Sorry. Lost my mind for a minute. I've just always had a bit of a twitch with the special forces thing and again, while I enjoy the ep, it brings up things that are difficult for me to jive with later stuff. Said things make for interesting fanfic ideas, though, and one has hit me now. Off to go watch the ep in a minute to be sure I didn't forget something important.
End Rant : )
My axed eps would be: Ugly Duckling Trumbo's World Thief of Budapest Every Time She Smiles The Enemy Within Oh, I don't know...Last Stand, I guess.
Dang, that was tough (ok, so the first four weren't, but the others were).
"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'
Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
6 episodes to cut of season 1:
1. Thief of Budapest (although we are introduced to Nickoli Kosov who is one of the baddies in Lost Love)
2. Trumbo's World (ANTS!!)
3. Every Times She Smiles (PENNY PARKER!!--Seriously, I would have introduced her differently)
4. Nightmares (Watching Mac get stuck with a needle--yikes!!)
2 more: yeesh: Ok:
5. To Be a Man
6. Slow Death
That was painful because I like all of these episodes. Just not as much as some of the others like the Gauntlet which is great, and Flame's End, Countdown, the Escape, and the Assassin not to mention the pilot which is awesome.
Anyone want to do this exercise with the other 6 seasons?
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
The first five are easy picks for me:
Thief of Budapest (Half a script, half a plot) Trumbo's World (Not even half a script) Flame's End (I can suspend my disbelief, but I can't levitate it) Every Time She Smiles (I'd like to strangle Penny) Slow Death (Good script, terrible acting - I'd really rather re-shoot it)
After that, it gets tougher. If it weren't for Harry, I'd chuck "Target MacGyver"; but we can't lose Harry. I'd have to flip a coin between "A Prisoner of Conscience" and "Ugly Duckling".
Let's do the other seasons!
Here's Season Two:
The Human Factor The Eraser Twice Stung The Wish Child Final Approach Jack of Lies The Road Not Taken Eagles Silent World Three For the Road Phoenix Under Siege Family Matter Soft Touch Birthday Pirates Out In the Cold Dalton, Jack of Spies Partners Bushmaster Friends D.O.A.: MacGyver For Love or Money
Which six get the cut?
My six losers would be:
Dalton, Jack of Spies -- very easy choice! After that:
Eagles Birthday Friends
Then it gets tougher: Bushmaster Soft Touch
[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements". One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else. -- John Muir --- LOLMac daily: lolmac.livejournal.com icanhastofu.tumblr.com
Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
Season 3: Lost Love Part 1 Lost Love Part 2 Back From the Dead Ghost Ship Fire and Ice GX-1 Jack in the Box Widowmaker Hell Week Blow Out Kill Zone Early Retirement Thin Ice The Odd Triple The Negotiator The Spoilers Mask of the Wolf Rock the Cradle The Endangered Murderer's Sky
If I had to cut 6: (Sooo wrong )
1. GX-1: my least fave Nikki eppy 2. Jack in the Box: my least fave Jack eppy 3. The Spoilers 4. Mask of the Wolf 5. The Endangered 6. Murderer's Sky
Season 4 episodes: Secret of Parker House Blood Brothers The Outsiders On a Wing and a Prayer Collision Course The Survivors Deadly Dreams Ma Dalton Cleo Rocks Fraternity of Theives Battle of Tommy Giordano The Challenge Runners Gold Rush Invisible Killer Brainwashed Easy Target Renegade Unfinished Business
6 more: Who came up with this game? 1.Collision Course 2. Cleo Rocks 3. Gold Rush 4. Easy Target 5. Renegade
1 more: this is like pulling teeth ok maybe Ma Dalton or the Outsiders--I love all of these episodes--season 4 is great!!
Season 5: The Legend of the Holy Rose Part 1 The Legend of the Holy Rose Part 2 Black Corsage Cease Fire Second Chance Halloween Knights Children of Light Black Rhino Ten Percent Solution Two Times Trouble The Madonna Serenity Live and Learn Log Jam Treasure of Manco Jenny's Chance Deep Cover The Lost Amadeus Hearts of Steel Rush to Judgement Passages
6 to cut: 1+2. The Legend of the Holy Rose Part 1 and 2 3. Two Times Trouble 4. Log Jam 5. the Lost Amadeus 6. Rush to Judgement
Ok I'll do seasons 6 and 7 when I don't feel queasy.
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
I said I'd do it.
Season 6: 1. Twenty Questions 2. The Wall 3. Harry's Will 4.MacGyver's Women YEESH! 5. The Gun perhaps 6. Trail of Tears or Squeeze Play
Season 7: 1. The Hood 2. Walking Dead 3. Deadly Silents definately 3 more 4. The Coltons 5. Split Decision 6. Off the Wall
Looking at this, why couldn't they go out with a great 22 episode season 7, why did they have to give the fans a mediocre last season. There is some really good stuff there like Obsessed.
I double dog dare you to do this game with Stargate SG1!! You can't can you?
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
QUOTE (MacNymph @ 23 July 2007 - 02:03 PM)
You work for CBS/paramount and they've green lighted your request to remaster Season 1. But they've only given you the budget for four discs Which six episodes get cut?
Pilot The Golden Triangle Thief of Budapest The Gauntlet The Heist Trumbo's World Last Stand Hellfire The Prodigal Target MacGyver Nightmares Deathlock Flame's End Countdown The Enemy Within Every Time She Smiles To Be a Man Ugly Duckling Slow Death The Escape A Prisoner of Conscience The Assassin
Aw come on Nymphy you started this crazy thing!! Don't leave me hanging!!
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
QUOTE (MacBeth @ 13 August 2008 - 01:45 PM)
The first five are easy picks for me:
Thief of Budapest (Half a script, half a plot) Trumbo's World (Not even half a script) Flame's End (I can suspend my disbelief, but I can't levitate it) Every Time She Smiles (I'd like to strangle Penny) Slow Death (Good script, terrible acting - I'd really rather re-shoot it)
After that, it gets tougher. If it weren't for Harry, I'd chuck "Target MacGyver"; but we can't lose Harry. I'd have to flip a coin between "A Prisoner of Conscience" and "Ugly Duckling".
Let's do the other seasons!
Here's Season Two:
The Human Factor The Eraser Twice Stung The Wish Child Final Approach Jack of Lies The Road Not Taken Eagles Silent World Three For the Road Phoenix Under Siege Family Matter Soft Touch Birthday Pirates Out In the Cold Dalton, Jack of Spies Partners Bushmaster Friends D.O.A.: MacGyver For Love or Money
Which six get the cut?
My six losers would be:
Dalton, Jack of Spies -- very easy choice! After that:
Eagles Birthday Friends
Then it gets tougher: Bushmaster Soft Touch
Beth!!! I did my take on the other seasons!!! I am hanging here alone!!!
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)