watching all the episodes in order!, about time too.
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Agent MacGyver!
Posted: 13 September 2008 - 10:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 65
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: California
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cease Fire
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft



Hi, I've always been a huge MacGyver fan - I have all 7 seasons (not the movies, but I've seen them) and I've watched probably 120 of the episodes so far.

but up in college, I got a pretty sweet desk job where I pretty much just sit and surf the internet, so I've taken in upon myself to instead pop in MacGyver DVD s. I'm starting at the beginning, and I'm going all the way to the stringer. I can get a couple episodes in a week, maybe more if I try hard, but it's loads of fun doing it in order. I know I haven't seen either of the western episodes, "goo knight MacGyver" and a bunch other, so I'm looking forward to that. but, I didn't know some of the episodes I've missed. for example, I hadn't seen "The Prodigal" before. there's probably many more I don't even know I've missed as well.

watching it chronologically is interesting. it will be fun watching Mac evolve through the years.

I've already got the first 10 episodes down, this is loads of fun.

is anyone else watching them in order?



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 13 September 2008 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Sounds like you got yourself a little project going on there. wink.gif

Maybe you'll be able to find a little time to make some comments on the episodes in our episode discussions as you watch them. Might be quite interesting to see what perceptions are formed from watching the episodes in order smile.gif





Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 13 September 2008 - 02:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



You know, I've never done that, mostly because I don't have the discipline to sit through episodes I don't like (such as The Coltons, for example). However, I'll bet it is fascinating. You can probably find inconsistencies in Mac's timeline, in his character, etc. I expect a full, detailed report! wink.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 13 September 2008 - 03:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I started watching Mac when the show was on Monday through Friday on the USA channel at 6:00 pm. So I remember the epoisode being played in order. So 139 episodes 5 nights you do the math to figure out how long it took to run through the series and then start all over.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 13 September 2008 - 03:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



27 and a bit weeks. (6 months and 3 weeks) biggrin.gif




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 02:05 AM                                    
Quote Post





Posts: 0
Joined: --
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Im doing that as well im in the 4 season now! and I must agree its sure is a lot of fun to se how the series evolves and everything.



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 03:08 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 13 September 2008 - 03:22 PM)
27 and a bit weeks. (6 months and 3 weeks) biggrin.gif

You're a sick man Rock! biggrin.gif



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 05:04 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



My good man I've been doing that for years with my tapes. Result: quality got worse and worse each time.

But what the hey, it was just so much fun indeed. With my personal television combo set in my bedroom I watched day and night. For nearly a full three years. In the end I made up my own episode list. Making all cards with the episode titles on it and than you pull out one until you have pulled all 139 and or the movies and watched them in that order. With the dvd's is going to be much safer to do that. You don't have to rewind or fast forward all the time.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 10:06 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



and most importantly the quality doesn't degrade with each viewing. biggrin.gif




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
sharjan
Posted: 15 September 2008 - 02:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 422
Joined: 2 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Just about all of them
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I've just started rewatching them from the start as well.
After I finished watching my recently purchased copies of Season 5 & 6, I started having withdrawal symptoms. So I thought why not go back to the start, as I hadn't watched the earlier seasons for quite a while.
It was really strange going from season 6 back to the pilot with Dana Elcar playing a different role, but I am also finding it even more enjoyable and interesting watching them again after having joined this forum.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 23 September 2008 - 04:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



When I got the whole series last year and started watching them -- including all the episodes I had missed when it originally aired -- I watched in order for the first three seasons, and part of the fourth.

Then I started skipping out of sequence. I realised that, at least on the 'rediscovery', I didn't want to follow the show through its best years and then down into the seasons that, while still good, were no longer the peak years. Not only that, but there were all those episodes I'd never seen: I wanted my last "new episode" to be one of the best. (Especially since, during the original run, the last episode I had ever seen was "The Coltons" -- baaad thing to happen!)

So I skipped ahead to the seventh season and started watching more or less backwards. wacko.gif



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 23 September 2008 - 04:43 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



must have been quite a shock jumping from 4th season to 7th season.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted: 23 September 2008 - 05:35 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



I am also working on the discs in sequential order except I skipped eight episodes in season 1 due to some problems with my dvd player. I am now half way down to the end of season 5 and it's quite interesting to notice RDA's face 'changed' across the seasons! Somehow I prefer his 'younger' look with shorter hair, do you guys think so?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 23 September 2008 - 06:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rocky)
must have been quite a shock jumping from 4th season to 7th season.
Well, the hair sure took some getting used to. It wasn't a straight jump, though -- I skipped around a good deal. I had to watch the Murdoc episodes in their own relative order, for example.

QUOTE (dinoman)
Somehow I prefer his 'younger' look with shorter hair, do you guys think so?
I did at first, but now I like all the 'editions'. But I've always liked long hair on guys; it was the 'blonding' more than the hair length that gave me trouble. And it was a lot harder getting used to the short hair on Stargate.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 September 2008 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (dinoman @ 23 September 2008 - 06:35 AM)
I am also working on the discs in sequential order except I skipped eight episodes in season 1 due to some problems with my dvd player. I am now half way down to the end of season 5 and it's quite interesting to notice RDA's face 'changed' across the seasons! Somehow I prefer his 'younger' look with shorter hair, do you guys think so?

I stick with the fifth season Mac. Nearing the forties and being more matured.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 29 September 2008 - 06:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



In the 6th season Mac's hair was more manageable. 5th and 7th seasons were wonderful but the hair at times blink.gif

The best look for Mac was (to me, just my opinion) seasons 3 and 4. I like the black leather jacket and the rugged outdoors Mac.

The baggy shirts, Hawaiian shirts, baggy jeans and mullet out of control of seasons 5-6-7 ---well it's still loveable Mac, but Mac at least dressed nicer when he went to the Foundation.

There were some eppys with the shirts at Phoenix, like Black Rhino opening.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted: 30 September 2008 - 12:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



QUOTE (Liz1976 @ 29 September 2008 - 06:35 AM)
The baggy shirts, Hawaiian shirts, baggy jeans and mullet out of control of seasons 5-6-7 ---well it's still loveable Mac, but Mac at least dressed nicer when he went to the Foundation.

Agree! Though still adorable, I think Mac should wore more shirts (not Hawaiian one). He looks great in buttoned-up shirts (with or without tie) and China-collar shirts, not to mention tux although he sees it only as a camouflage.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Posted: 1 October 2008 - 08:15 AM                                    
Quote Post





Posts: 0
Joined: --
Gender:  Female
Country: New Zealand
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Yep, I'm currently watching the episodes in order too. Just been given all 7 seasons on DVD. I haven't watched any of the episodes since they were screened on TV here in late 80's early 90's and thoroughly enjoying the experiences again. Some episodes I find a little tiresome but I am determined to watch them all in order first then go back and re-watch "my favourite" ones later.



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll