The best of the best episodes?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
macgyverman
Posted: 7 July 2007 - 11:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 19
Joined: 1 Jul 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: United States
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Well, what is everyones favorite episode? I know for me, that would be a tough question. Just wondering what the all-time favorite shows are. happy.gif

Dan



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 7 July 2007 - 11:40 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Humanity
Trail of Tears
Faith, Hope, & Charity
Negotiator
Lesson in Evil
Deadly dreams
Back From the Dead (I think that's right title)
The Cahallenge

These are my favorites and not listed in any particular order. These are the episodes I reach for most when I'm having a bad day and need to destress.

Right now I need to de-caffinate, 4 shot frozen mocha latte, and Grrl is jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif 460.gif 460.gif 460.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

Man I'm gonna pay for this tomorrow..............



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 July 2007 - 11:54 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I know what topic this is based on! tongue.gif

Delibrately I let this go by because I had this idea everybody would say: Passages. But to be frank, there's always like five I would mention first, if someone would ask me this question. Being: Serenity, Passages, Humanity, The Wall and Lesson in Evil are the first five I'd mention.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
tandt14
Posted: 7 July 2007 - 12:46 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 194
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Land of Confusion
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Wow! I had no idea that so many felt the same way about Humanity! Any others?

Yes, that means that is one of my all time favorites, too. Closely followed by Serenity, Passages, Strictly Business, ...I'd better stop here or I'll name them all!! wub.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 7 July 2007 - 01:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



For me, it's...

Passages (inspirational)
Humanity (one of the better written episodes)
D.O.A. MacGyver
The Challenge (I love the heavy MacGyver angst)
The Widowmaker (my all-time favorite episode to watch when depressed)
The Negotiator
Strictly Business
Faith, Hope and Charity
Kill Zone
Runners (one of my favorite "troubled youth" episodes)
The Heist
The Gauntlet
The Assassin
GX-1
Secret of the Parker House (okay, it's cheesy--spooky old house--but I like it!)
The Invisible Killer
Brainwashed
Jack in the Box
Legend of the Holy Rose
Early Retirement
The Survivors
The Endangered
Cease Fire
Ghost Ship
The Visitor
Serenity
Black Rhino
Trail of Tears
The Human Factor

Okay, I'd better stop, too. happy.gif wink.gif I have to say that I love a mixture of the episodes, even some of the cheesier ones just because they're fun.



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
j12752
Posted: 10 July 2007 - 05:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



On any given day I'd pick any given episode, except for the few I don't like. I thiunk my most favorite episodes were in seasons 2 and 3, least favorite was 7 and 6



 
                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 4 June 2008 - 10:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Ok here goes:
Season 1: The Pilot, Target MacGyver, Flames End, Countdown and the Enemy Within
Season 2: The Eraser, The Road Not Taken, Eagles, Pirates, Out in the Cold, Partners and Friends
Season 3: Lost Love, Widowmaker (#1 fave), Blow Out, Kill Zone, Early Retirement, the Negoiator
Season 4:The Secret of Parker House, The Survivors, Cleo Rocks, the Challenge (directed by Dana Elcar), the Invisible Killer (also directed by Dana Elcar), Deadly Dreams and Unfinished Business
Season 5: Cease Fire, Second Chance, Halloween Knights, Black Rhino, the Madonna, Jenny's Chance and Passages
Season 6: Humanity, a Lesson in Evil, Blind Faith, Strictly Business and Hind Sight
Season 7: Obsessed, Prometheus Syndrome, Good Knight MacGyver, the Stringer, and the Mountain of Youth



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
jknnej
Posted: 6 June 2008 - 12:54 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 142
Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Hmmm

The Widowmaker
The Human Factor
Runners
The Challenge
Halloween Knights
The Madonna
Cleo Rocks

Can you tell I love Murdoc episodes? Except the last two, which I didn't think were exceptional at all...I would have LOVED to see Murdoc turn "good" after Halloween Knights-but of course he would have been completely untrustworthy, so he could have "sometimes" helped Mac out on the sly.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 6 June 2008 - 01:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



If you asked me to name my top 10 MacGyver episode here goes narrowing down my earlier list considerably: (I am a list person, can you tell?) biggrin.gif

1. The Widowmaker (Mac in pain, Mike Forrester's untimely death, Nikki, Pete, and a crazy nutjob, Murdoc, with a flamethrower, plus the Widowmaker)

2. Partners (We meet Murdoc and learn how Mac and Jack met Pete and Murdoc)

3. The Challenge (my vote for the most emotionally deep episode ever)

4. Obsessed (Murdoc is messing with Mac's mind) surprise.gif

5. The Invisible Killer (great wilderness episode, and amazing stunt on the bridge)

6. Friends (Mac's birthday party and a visit from friends and Harry)

7. Unfinished Business (Mac, Pete and Jack are together and are stalked by Deborah, who's out for blood-love Pete's story at the end!) boxing.gif

8. Halloween Knights (Mac helping Murdoc, and working together)

9. Blind Faith (Pete tells Mac that he is going blind)

10. The Stringer (The end: and Mac is a dad!)


happy_dance.gif



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 6 June 2008 - 03:11 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Pick a favourite? Fuggedaboudit. Although Nightmares, The Widowmaker and The Stringer would be on any list of mine.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
SHEILA
  Posted: 6 June 2008 - 03:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



Ok I will have to go back and watch all 7 seasons,but I eould have to say that The Stringer I my fave.I also like most of season 5 and season 6 too.



Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 6 June 2008 - 03:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Liz, did you know that Dana Elcar directed The Challenge? I think the friendship and outstanding working relationship between the actors contributed to the power of that episode. I love the scene where Mac finds the body; incredibly powerful.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 6 June 2008 - 09:27 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat




Yup look up 5 posts and you'll see that in my long list I put that Dana Elcar directed the Challenge and the Invisible Killer.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 7 June 2008 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



doh.gif



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 22 June 2008 - 05:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I believe that Dana Elcar's focus on the key story elements (like the hearing with City Council and the pool hall scene, plus Booker's death and Mac's confronting of Larson) and on character contributed greatly to the Challenge--so powerful, emotional---one that I would always remember. All of the characters from Mac to Booker, to Ray to Larson to Cynthia, even Breeze, the cop, even Larson's employees are all so memorable. Other than the Widowmaker, and maybe Partners, this is one of my absoulute favorites and some credit needs to go to the director.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
jknnej
Posted: 25 June 2008 - 05:37 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 142
Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Funny how everyone's fave eps seem to focus on Murdoc.
part of the reason, I think, is because these eps usually include Pete, Jack, Penny, and others.
Although Penny is a ditz, I still enjoyed her contribution to Mac. And come on, everyone has a friend like that!!! Not necessarily so dumb, but so needy.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 25 June 2008 - 06:10 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



mine don't biggrin.gif



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 26 June 2008 - 12:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Rock you said "Mine don't" meaning your fave episode doesn't center on Murdoc, but you never said what your fave is.
Just curious.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 26 June 2008 - 08:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



At the moment it seems to be Runners

But usually it's a tie for Fire and Ice and The Negotiator.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 26 June 2008 - 02:08 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



My favorites don't either; I like The Widowmaker in spite of Murdoc, not because of him. I also like it in spite of Nikki, and not because of her.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 June 2008 - 10:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 25 June 2008 - 09:55 PM)
At the moment it seems to be Runners

But usually it's a tie for Fire and Ice and The Negotiator.

Than I'd go for The Negotiator. biggrin.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Braddock
Posted: 13 August 2008 - 11:47 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 20
Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: tinker small

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:pilot, the gauntlet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Pilot love.jpg

The Golden Triangle
The Gauntlet
The Heist
Last Stand
The Prodigal
Target MacGyver
Deathlock
Countdown
To Be a Man
Slow Death
The Assassin



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 27 August 2008 - 08:22 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



If I had to pick one-two favorite episodes to show to someone (an adult) from every season:

Season 1: Pilot or the Assassin
Season 2: Out in the Cold or Phoenix Under Seige
Season 3: The Widowmaker
Season 4: On a Wing and a Prayer (Mac, Pete and Jack biggrin.gif ) or The Challenge
Season 5: Halloween Knights
Season 6: Blind Faith
Season 7: The Stringer



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jack Thornton
Posted: 3 October 2008 - 06:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 32
Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: Finland
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ghost Ship
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



1. Ghost Ship
2. Strictly Business
3. Partners
4. Obsessed
5. The Widowmaker
6. The Invisible Killer
7. The Survivors
8. The Heist
9. The Prometheus Syndrome
10. Halloween Knights





 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll