Rick gets political, the Sarah Palin comment
  Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacsChick
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 04:11 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I would have to agree with Nymph on this whole argument. It seems to me that people, even some people on this forum who are otherwise intelligent and do their research, do not cite credible sources when commenting on Sarah Palin. Instead, they go for gut reaction, visceral hatred and spew the talking points of the day. dry.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 04:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



mellow.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 04:58 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I'm done. I've said all I wanted to. I'm going to move on to other things. smile.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 05:00 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



smile.gif

What I find incredibly weird about the whole 'Geek Squad' affair is the choices for celebrity promotion. Not that I don't adore seeing RDA at anytime (hopeless wub.gif) but still... 'MacGyver', Seagal, and... I don't even have a clue who the lady was...

... why not use Celebrity Geeks, like Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto from NCIS) or Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders from CSI:Las Vegas)? Mebbe even Bruce and Lloyd from the 'Get Smart' remake... they are hilariously geeky!

The whole affair seemed very very strange and off-center. blink.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 05:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I think it was aimed at the security aspect of the product being launched, although exactly what they where trying to convey with Seagal being there is beyond me.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 05:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Geek Squad launched Geek Squad Black Tie Protection, a new service plan offered through Geek Squad and Best Buy to activate, protect, and maximize technology. The three 'celebrities' were supposed to be "Icons of Protection" The woman is Tanya Roberts.

Whole concept and event seems lame in the extreme.



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 05:39 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Ah... now I get it... Tanya Roberts was one of 'Charlie's Angels'. I didn't watch that show... I watched Vega$! tongue.gif
(Thank goodness for Google and IMDB.com!) laugh.gif
QUOTE
Whole concept and event seems lame in the extreme.

Much ado about nothing! wink.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 06:20 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Lothithil @ 27 September 2008 - 05:39 PM)
Ah... now I get it... Tanya Roberts was one of 'Charlie's Angels'. I didn't watch that show... I watched Vega$! tongue.gif
(Thank goodness for Google and IMDB.com!) laugh.gif
QUOTE
Whole concept and event seems lame in the extreme.

Much ado about nothing! wink.gif

I can kinda understand using MacGyver as part of the launch, because I guess he used (or built) gadgets, and was involved in "secret agent - security" kinda stuff, but Steven Seagal and Tanya Roberts.. icons of protection? blink.gif





Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 10:00 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Well, the one thing I got out of those videos - political thing aside - is that I don't like Steven Seagal. He was playing big star here, and how refreshing to see Rick next to him! I bet he was hot too, he wore even a jacket over his shirt, but was he complaining? No. And did you see his face when he was watching Steven? He looked as if he could not believe it.

This shows exactly why we like him so much. I got the feeling that Steven did not want to be there, with his sour expression thoughout the whole time. Well, I prefer a smile, thank you very much.

Here you can see two videos, one of them is another interview with RDA, about MacGyver this time:

http://www.prnewswire.com/broadcast/34909/press.html

And two more videos can be found here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/iconsofprotection/34911/

http://defamer.com/5051270/a-miserable-ste...quad-protection


(I also can provide download links if there is interest)




QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 27 September 2008 - 05:41 AM)
Both Beth and MacNymph have provided an argument from opposite ends of the political spectrum here


But they had time to think and type it down and formulate their arguments. They were not asked in the middle of a loud environment, with many other people around, and had to make up something from the top of their heads. I don't think you can compare these two things. Plus, you never can be sure, IF you give a long and thorough and thoughtful answer, that it might get cut anyway, and then things might get out of context. This is our TV and news today general, only little bits and pieces, because people's attention span is too short (now, where have I heard THAT before smile.gif )



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 27 September 2008 - 10:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Astra @ 27 September 2008 - 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 27 September 2008 - 05:41 AM)
Both Beth and MacNymph have provided an argument from opposite ends of the political spectrum here


But they had time to think and type it down and formulate their arguments. They were not asked in the middle of a loud environment, with many other people around, and had to make up something from the top of their heads. I don't think you can compare these two things.

I wasn't comparing his talk with what Beth and MacNympy wrote, just pointing out that he probably shouldn't have said anything at all at that particular moment.

Maybe his brain was heading off on one of his famous tangent answers and he was trying to stay on topic and ended up with a jumbled mess of an answer. laugh.gif



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 28 September 2008 - 12:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacsChick @ 27 September 2008 - 04:58 PM)
I'm done. I've said all I wanted to. I'm going to move on to other things. smile.gif

Thank you.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 30 September 2008 - 01:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



And if the election were held today with a third choice on the ballot the American public would choose:

NEITHER



Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 30 September 2008 - 11:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 30 September 2008 - 01:45 PM)
And if the election were held today with a third choice on the ballot the American public would choose:

NEITHER

That's about as good as Daffy Duck for President--wait now there's an idea biggrin.gif



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 October 2008 - 09:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



How about MacGyver for president biggrin.gif




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 1 October 2008 - 12:47 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I'd vote for Mac, but I think he'd hate the job hmm.bmp What do you think?



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted: 1 October 2008 - 02:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



QUOTE (Liz1976 @ 1 October 2008 - 01:02 PM)
I'd vote for Mac, but I think he'd hate the job hmm.bmp What do you think?

because President can't wear jeans and Hawaiian shirts all the time?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 October 2008 - 07:14 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



laugh.gif Who's gonna stop him? he's the President .



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted: 1 October 2008 - 08:58 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Yeah but Mac hates all the bureaucratic red tape.

Also remember in Flames End, Amy say to Mac in the nuclear disposal chamber,
"Mac, I think they should run you for President"
Mac replies "I'd rather have this problem than his." biggrin.gif Which problem of Ronald Reagan's was Mac referring to? hmm.bmp



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Amy
Posted: 1 October 2008 - 10:23 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 643
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 1 October 2008 - 02:29 AM)
laugh.gif Who's gonna stop him? he's the President .

laugh.gif

The owner of another forum I belong to likes to mess with people's sigs and avatars...he put this in my sig months ago:

user posted image

No idea where he found it. smile.gif


He'd hate the job, but in the end, I think we'd have a lot less bureaucratic red tape!

OK...so if Mac were running for pres, what would his slogan be?




"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 2 October 2008 - 04:01 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Amy @ 1 October 2008 - 10:38 PM)
He'd hate the job, but in the end, I think we'd have a lot less bureaucratic red tape!

It would be bureaucratic duct tape. happy.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 2 October 2008 - 09:15 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



laugh.gif yeah

His slogan would have to be somethign about Duct tape politics laugh.gif

or maybe "replacing red tape with duct tape." laugh.gif




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Amy
Posted: 4 October 2008 - 10:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 643
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacNymph @ 1 October 2008 - 11:16 AM)
QUOTE (Amy @ 1 October 2008 - 10:38 PM)
He'd hate the job, but in the end, I think we'd have a lot less bureaucratic red tape!

It would be bureaucratic duct tape. happy.gif

*kasnort!* Good catch.



"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll