RDA's wristbands
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 12:40 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



At Gatecon, RDA was wearing two wristbands on his right wrist during his panels. I've been trying to identify them, and I think I've tracked them down.

Here they are:

user posted image

One of them was a snap-on black band that says "SWIM DRINK FISH". It's probably from the Lake Ontario Waterkeepers and/or the Ottawa Riverkeepers, who use that slogan.

The other one was a plain green wristband; that's a lot more difficult to pin down, because coloured wristbands are used by numerous causes, and each colour is used by more than one group. But plain green is associated with environmental awareness, so I'm guessing it's a Save Our Earth wristband. I can't see any lettering in the photos, but it might be there.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 01:41 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



You were able to focus on those wristbands with those hands around? I'm impressed! wink.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 02:50 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MChick)
You were able to focus on those wristbands with those hands around?

Good lord, of course not! During the panels, I was aware that he had hands. And arms. Oh, yes, arms.

Since getting home, I've spent cough cough mumble mumble blush.gif a lot of time staring at working on pictures from the panels. I've done a slew of LOLs already, and posted some.

I did eventually manage to notice the wristbands, since they were right next to his right hand.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
sharjan
Posted: 3 September 2008 - 01:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 422
Joined: 2 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Just about all of them
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I guess by the time we looked over every inch of him(Thunk!), someone was bound to notice the wristbands.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll