I know that some people that are fans of MacGyver are also fans of the various actors associated with the show- namely Richard Dean Anderson, but also Michael Des Barres, who guest-starred as Murdoc.
I just happened to run across an interesting Des Barres album online and thought someone might be interested in it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Des-Barres-MUR...1QQcmdZViewItemOf course- I'm sure he's got lots of albums you can get from Amazon.com too, for that matter.
I'm not generally one to collect stuff from any particular actor just because they're associated with MacGyver (unless it's specifically MacGyver-related), but I thought someone might like to know about this.
Though this does raise another question. Are there any other actors from MacGyver that you collect their other movies and TV shows and such just because of their association with MacGyver and how much you liked their acting on the show?
I know for RDA there's plenty of movies, TV-movies and mini-series (Odd Jobs, Ordinary Heroes, Through the Eyes of a Killer, Pandora's Clock, etc.)
and other TV shows- like StarGate SG-1 and Legend. (Both of which are quite good.)
And Michael Des Barres has also made numerous guest star appearances on shows like ALF, Sledge Hammer!, Roseanne, and Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman- among others.
And Dana Elcar- well, he's probably been in more stuff than any of the others.
There's Dark Shadows, Baretta, Baa Baa Black Sheep (AKA Black Sheep Squadron), and lots of shows he guest-starred on like The A-Team and one of his last apperances on ER.
And classic movies like The Sting. All kinds of stuff.
And Bruce McGill has some cool appearances too. Apparently he's in Legally Blonde 2 (which I happened to catch some of a while back on TV because someone else was watching it)
and of course, he was in both the Pilot and Series Finale episodes of Quantum Leap.
And lots of other things too- like both the 1978 movie "Animal House" and the subsequent follow-up 1979 TV series- "Delta House"
And he's been on shows like Walker, Texas Ranger and The Commish and Home Improvement and Star Trek: Voyager to name a few. (He was apparently Captain Braxton- somehow I could have seen him as a 22nd. Century version of Harry Mudd!

)
Any other actors and actresses you collect stuff other than MacGyver-related things for?
I wouldn't mind getting Teri Hatcher's Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman series on DVD one day. And of course, the whole series of Quantum Leap (she appears in the 2nd. episode)