Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender: Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
I always noticed, but have never seen it mentioned here, that in for instance, the Prodigal, Mac is noticeably slimmer than in say, Black Rhino is it, where he has just the black wife beater on? (Not sure what those shirts are really called ) Anyway, it really looked like he bulked up a little. Did he discuss having a workout routine or anything? Especially in the 6th and 7th seasons it's like the man had started going to the gym all the time.
"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle
"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser
He certainly did seem to bulk up for a while there.
I actually always though he looked plump rather than buff, but certainly in the Black Corsage he looked quite big around the shoulders.
There was never anything in MacGyver about working out, other than his hockey playing whenever he got a chance. It would be interesting to know if RDA started working out and if there was a particular reason.
Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender: Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 November 2009 - 10:07 AM)
I think they're called Tank-tops.
He certainly did seem to bulk up for a while there.
I actually always though he looked plump rather than buff, but certainly in the Black Corsage he looked quite big around the shoulders.
There was never anything in MacGyver about working out, other than his hockey playing whenever he got a chance. It would be interesting to know if RDA started working out and if there was a particular reason.
I wanted to say that, but I wasn't sure if it was only the female version that was called that. I figured the picture of RDA hitting a woman was slightly better than him crossdressing But since tank top is unisex I'll have to remember that for the future.
Which brings me to another question, but frankly I have started 50% of the current threads anyway so I'll threadjack myself to cut down on clutter:P Mac always seemed to wear undershirts, was there a pattern? It seems like he did plain white tees, long sleeve henleys (with the two buttons), long john/thermal material, tank tops etc. Did he always have layers on? I guess I could understand that since it was always cold out. But later when they went back to shooting in LA is when it seems like there were more tank tops showing up.
It just seems strange to me, like normally people buy all plain white tees, or all thermals, or whatever and are somewhat consistent, but it seems like he was all over the place with it. So was that really just the product of a crazy wardrobe department that picked his clothes out for him?
"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle
"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser
Given the nature of his assignments while in DXS and Phoenix Mac must have excellent energy and strength in order to get his jobs done. I think he keeps up his shape by doing outdoor sports like hocky, basketball and hiking instead of working out in a gym.
RDA is also into sports and he used to be very active in outdoor activities such as hiking and camping. Although his strength is not as good as before due to the knee surgery years ago he is still active in sports. The latest from rdanderson.com was biking through the Vancouver mountains in Sept 2009.
Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender: Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
QUOTE (dinoman @ 2 November 2009 - 02:08 PM)
Given the nature of his assignments while in DXS and Phoenix Mac must have excellent energy and strength in order to get his jobs done. I think he keeps up his shape by doing outdoor sports like hocky, basketball and hiking instead of working out in a gym.
RDA is also into sports and he used to be very active in outdoor activities such as hiking and camping. Although his strength is not as good as before due to the knee surgery years ago he is still active in sports. The latest from rdanderson.com was biking through the Vancouver mountains in Sept 2009.
whoa! at his age, and following surgery, that is spectacular- hey hey, listen up: Maybe... he is getting in shape for his upcoming role in MacGyver: The Movie!!!
"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle
"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser
If it's true, MacDriver, it would be the greatest news to all Mac fans!
BTW, I'm also a SG1 fan, and it would be equally great to me if he is preparing for the 3rd SG1 movie! I must say, though, he looked a bit too big in the SGU premier episode but still as sexy as ever!
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Working out is perhaps a big word. But he has great strength and stamina and he's in all kinds of sports. Running in Back From The Dead, biking in The Lost Amadeus. Just to name a few.
But what I think made Mac looked so buffed up was the black jacket. Either that jacket was a wee bit small for him, or indeed he muscled up in later seasons.
QUOTE
Which brings me to another question, but frankly I have started 50% of the current threads anyway so I'll threadjack myself to cut down on clutter:P Mac always seemed to wear undershirts, was there a pattern? It seems like he did plain white tees, long sleeve henleys (with the two buttons), long john/thermal material, tank tops etc. Did he always have layers on? I guess I could understand that since it was always cold out. But later when they went back to shooting in LA is when it seems like there were more tank tops showing up.
I think that depends on what he wears in the episode. If it's just his white T-shirt, I don't think he wore anything beneath it. Also I think it depends where his assignment is.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender: Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
QUOTE (Miasma @ 6 November 2009 - 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (MacDriver @ 2 November 2009 - 02:02 PM)
I figured the picture of RDA hitting a woman was slightly better than him crossdressing
Better to see a man beat up a woman, than to see a man wear a tanktop designed for women? Wow. Not sure I agree with you on that!
Ha, well, I was speaking in terms of emasculation, but yeah as soon as I submitted that I realized there was probably a better way to word that. I suppose the better phrase would be that I at least knew that "wife beater" was the correct slang name for the shirt, while "tank top" could possibly have been a female clothing only name, so I was shooting for accuracy.
"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle
"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser