Anyone here bought the MA-1 Flight Jacket?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 2 September 2009 - 10:01 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Interesting. hmm.bmp




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 3 September 2009 - 09:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



Yesterday I put in my order for a Navy Blue MA-1 flight jacket. This one will look alot like the one Mac owned from the third season through the fith. In bright sunlight the jacket looks blue, while in darker conditions it looks Black. Personally, I like the fit of the Navy Blue one Mac has better than his Black one. It just seems like the Black one is a little too big for him, like the one he has in the sixth and seventh seasons.
His Navy Blue one looks a little smaller in size and cut. Watch "Mask of the Wof" or "Log Jam" to see good examples of this jacket. For the Black one, watch "Gunz'n Boyz". You really can see a difference in the size here.



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
SpazMan
Posted: 4 September 2009 - 07:54 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: North Carolina
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Murderers' Sky
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Look at Jack's sage MA-1 in Jack of Lies. The waistband is like 5" tall. Is that an earlier spec jacket?

Ari



Tinkerer and Renaissance man.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 12 September 2009 - 08:03 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft



My Navy Blue MA-1 flight jacket is here! I will post some pics at a later time though. I'd rather get pics of it when I have a nice background to stand in front of rather than my room.



"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 14 September 2009 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverfan717 @ 12 September 2009 - 08:03 AM)
My Navy Blue MA-1 flight jacket is here! I will post some pics at a later time though. I'd rather get pics of it when I have a nice background to stand in front of rather than my room.

Haha, yeah probably a good move_ I didn't give much consideration to that and now everyone here knows I am a slob- I guess it gives me Mac street cred, my place is as messy as his got, so I must be the real deal tongue.gif

Anyway lets see those pics! biggrin.gif



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac Jackson
Posted: 15 September 2009 - 05:26 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I love my jacket. What's also great is that they'll always be around and are pretty cheap. I couldn't believe the price listed below.



Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Amy
Posted: 5 October 2009 - 07:26 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 643
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Man it's been so long since I've been here! Been soooo busy! But I had a find this week at a local Goodwill store that I had to come post about and this is the perfect thread for it! wink.gif

user posted image

At the time I was actually eyeing up a "leather" coat that could have passed for an Indiana Jones jacket, when lo and behold I saw the black and orange just a few coats down. Bye bye Indy coat! LOL! Anyway, mine's made by Greenbrier Industries and the tag has the year 1993 on it. It's a medium, with plenty of room for layers underneath. I generally don't like short coats, but I think I can make an exception for this. wink.gif

Rock...your sleeve pocket observation. When I lay mine down flat, the back edge of the pocket would line up with the neck-to-shoulder seam if you drew a line. So it's more in front than on the side of the sleeve.

Speaking of sleeves, I love how they are contoured rather than straight. So much more movement without your sleeves hiking up past your wrists (something I always hated). Nice feature.



"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 5 October 2009 - 10:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE
Rock...your sleeve pocket observation. When I lay mine down flat, the back edge of the pocket would line up with the neck-to-shoulder seam if you drew a line. So it's more in front than on the side of the sleeve.

Hmmm.... I just checked mine and it's the same as yours... on the front side of the sleeve. Must be just the way the jacket sits on my shoulders or something.

Something else I've noticed on yours and the others is the jackets collar sits down flat around the neck. Mine sits up like a Chinese collar, so there must be a slight design difference, or I guess it could (again) just be how it sits on me.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted: 11 October 2009 - 03:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I bought mine three or four days ago and I just got it, wow the shipping is fast.

I love it it's warmer then any of the coats I bought at wal-mart or any other

stores, once i saw this on MacGyver I knew one day i would want to buy it and i

finally went ahead and got it. love the pockets on the jacket which move to the

body so well, so if anyone is wanting to get this jacket and keep putting it off i

would go ahead and get it, it's worth it!



 
                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 12 October 2009 - 06:07 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I've been wearing mine lately, and more than once I've had to take the thing off because it's TOO warm- October in Indiana is usually a little cooler but still, I am just now able to wear it without baking alive in it. I could not be happier with the purchase smile.gif

EDIT: The only way I could be happier is if it had a higher neck, I am tempted to purchase the one Def did that has more of a raised collar. Having an ostrich neck like I do, I normally buy jackets with a collar of some sort so I don't look so birdlike. sad.gif



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac Jackson
Posted: 19 October 2009 - 04:48 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



user posted image

I wanted to post a pic of my jacket. It's not a clear pic but I get to show off my boy:) I'm sure I'll post a more jacket revealing pic in the future:)



Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 20 October 2009 - 12:36 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I really like both the color, and the neck of that jacket! Did you purchase it online, or was that a brick and mortar buy?



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac Jackson
Posted: 20 October 2009 - 04:13 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Thanks so much. I really love it. I believe I got it from Lands End but I'll check to make sure. I have had it in perfect condition for years since I was looking for it since the 3rd season of MacGyver and couldn't find it anywhere. Ofcoarse now I know you can go to any Army/Navy store and get one. However, I guess the bright side is that it's really good quality compaired to others I have seen.



Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 20 October 2009 - 09:34 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



yeah that looks like the collar on mine.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Mac Jackson
Posted: 21 October 2009 - 02:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



So, I checked and my jacket came from L.L. Bean. Cindy took these pics of me wearing it on my way to my Crime Watch meeting:)

user posted image



user posted image



Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Amy
Posted: 30 October 2009 - 12:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 643
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Since I'm a girl I never really thought much about dressing like Mac...but in addition to finding my beautiful MA-1, I found a pair of cargos and a shirt that had a vague MacGyvery feel to it (Good Will is great). For your general amusement:

user posted image



"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 October 2009 - 06:01 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Yep, that's certainly a MacGyver look smile.gif

Is that a SAK in your hand or just something red?




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 31 October 2009 - 06:44 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 30 October 2009 - 06:01 PM)
Yep, that's certainly a MacGyver look smile.gif

Is that a SAK in your hand or just something red?

I wondered that too, but since she owns a champ, either that is a crazy camera angle that almost makes the knife look 2D, or it's not a SAK at all. The Champ would have way more depth, I would think...

Oh, I think I see a corkscrew through her index and middle finger, seems it is a SAK, with the logo handle facing her way. See Amy, you should feel even more like Mac, here I am looking at your photo like a freeze frame of the show, attempting to deduce which SAK you are carrying smile.gif



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac Jackson
Posted: 31 October 2009 - 06:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



We truely are a select group of people:) macsak.gif



Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Amy
Posted: 4 November 2009 - 09:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 643
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



laugh.gif You guys are such nerds... But then it is a picture of me in Mac-garb we're discussing! LOL! laugh.gif

Yes it is a SAK...my son's Victorinox Spartan, since my Champ wasn't a model favored by Mac. Yeah the camera angle is wonky and I thought it was weird how the SAK looks 2D, just like you pointed out, MacDriver.



"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac Jackson
Posted: 11 November 2009 - 03:44 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Well, I don't know who the nerds are but I wanted to share this deal out of the mag I recived in the mail. It's Quartermaster. Here is the info

www.qmuniforms.com

1-800-444-8643

The order #s are Black-S48-138 and Blue-S48-137
The price is $36.99

You can also call and get free catalogs to you're home to get lots of MacGyver and SG-1 gear:)

Hope this helps all MacG.gif



Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll