As much as I love the wilderness, lately I've found myself being drawn towards episodes which take place in the city rather than out in the wilderness, which got me thinking if others of you have a preference.
So cast your vote above and then tell us what you think
Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:hard to pick just one
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Definately in the wilderness. Probably because I have this little fantasy of sharing a sleeping bag with him. Seriously though, he seems more "at home" out in nature than in the urban areas.
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
This one is more difficult. I think urban episodes. I like places with a lot of activity. So my thing would be the city. Blow Out for instance. After all MacGyver goes out and work in the city.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Posts: 208
Joined: 19 May 2007
Gender: Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: Loft
I too like to see Mac at work in the city environment. Take "Runners" for example. Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy seeing MacGyver take on the elements here and there!
"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover
Posts: 98
Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Gender: Female
Country: The sunny south
SAK owned: Classic SD
Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Strictly Business and The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
Wilderness
I've always enjoyed stories like Robinson Crusoe and Island of the Blue Dolphin. I always wished they'd done a Mac=marooned-on-a-deserted-island ep. He would have out-Castawayed Tom Hanks.
banlu
A hug from Mac seemed to cure almost anything ~sigh~
Mac always occurs to me as an outdoor guy. Some of my favourite episodes are Mac in the wilderness, such as Ghost Ship, Invisible Killer, GX-1, etc. I enjoy watching him making small gadgets out of materials in the surroundings.
It really depends on the episode. I was tempted to vote "Wilderness", but then I remembered some very silly wilderness episodes ("Ghost Ship," for example, and that one one where he teams up with an Indian and goes into a dream trance), while at the same time, I remembered some great urban episodes (Dr. Zito came to mind right away.) So, I'm going to take the easy way out and give a non-committal answer of "It depends."
Well maybe you could answer it by changing the question slightly to which type would you choose to watch, the best urban episodes, or the best Wilderness episodes?
Hmmm... still a tough call. I guess I might lean slightly towards a really good wilderness episode over a really good urban episode, if only because the scenery is better.
But to tell you the truth, one of the things I like about the show is the fact that there is a lot of variety in terms of settings. I'm glad they didn't just do wilderness shows, or just urban-setting shows. I think that's a great thing about the whole premise of the show-- they can pretty much put him anywhere, doing anything. I mean, if you look over the course of the seven seasons, they covered a LOT of territory in terms of the kinds of situations he got involved in (completely unrealistic, of course, for one person to be involved in SO many things, but it made for entertaining tv.)
Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss
Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
I find myself watching an episode depending on what mood I'm in or if I know that I'll be in a similar enviroment. If I'm going camping, fishing, someplace with snow...etc. Sometimes depending on what I've been wearing or if someone in my life reminds me of someone from an episode. I love them all so that's the only way to decide for me:)
Mac Jackson Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant" Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon youtube.com/macwjack
I would say the Wilderness episodes where I'm leaning towards. I can also seeing him makeing up shaveing cream for himself with water, snow, or anything he can find to make shaveing cream or close to it.
Posts: 374
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
I think Mac - actually RDA - was really at home in the wilderness AKA: "the Woods". He didn't have to pretend. He wasn't squeamish about getting dirty, rolling down a cliff or falling in a lake. It was natural because RDA is an outdoor person for real. I'm sure Mac enjoyed indoor comforts as much as anyone, but when he was in an urban environment, it seemed like he would be fidgeting to get out of the city and back to the woods. Whenever Mac was troubled or bothered by something, he would retreat to the woods to resolve the problem. (so it seemed) Even the houseboat was Mac's little bit of wilderness within the city. Just my thoughts.......
That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.
I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.