Best/Worst seasons for theme song
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Miasma
Posted: 22 October 2009 - 08:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,045
Joined: 9 Oct 2008
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Whenever my girlfriend and I watch MacGyver, she complains during seasons 4, 5 and 6 (particularly Season 4) that the theme song sounds really weak compared to the first three seasons.

So I'm just curious, does anyone else have a favorite/least favorite season for how the theme song sounds? I have to say I think Season 4's theme is the worst. It feels a bit too... I don't know... glossy? Does that make any sense? (probably not, but it's hard to describe. Let's just say it's not as rugged as the earlier seasons.)



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 October 2009 - 10:34 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



In my opinion the later theme songs sounds better. Season 4, 5, 6 sounds way better. As I always say it: much better firepower. I like it when the logo appears followed by Mac turning red and blue and than the theme song continuing when we see him sliding down the net and ropes in Back From The Dead and jumping of the mountain in Trumbo's World.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
jaebird
Posted: 22 October 2009 - 10:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 70
Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I like the later theme songs better, as well. Course, season six was the first season I saw, so maybe that has something to do with it. I just think the earlier ones don't pack as much of a punch as the later ones do, and they sound kinda weird, too, IMO. Especially at the beginning.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 22 October 2009 - 02:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Hmmm.. I'm gonna have to go listen to the themes again before I can make a call, but I think I'd be inclined to go for maybe season 4 or 5.

In the mean time I'll remind everyone that they can hear the themes in our media center wink.gif




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted: 23 October 2009 - 06:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I just lisened to all 7 themes, I must say i always loved season 3 theme but i noiced with each season it just got more and more better.



 
                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll