MacGyver and Halloween Costumes
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacDriver
Posted: 28 October 2009 - 06:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Aside from the obvious- Halloween Knights- did Mac ever dress up? just trying to figure out what MacGyver would have dressed up for on Halloween, dressing up AS MacGyver starts to lose it's creativity after so many times... tongue.gif

I suppose this also raises the question, did he do anything on Halloween? It seems like he might just as well stay in and watch a Western...



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 28 October 2009 - 07:33 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I can't recall anything other than Halloween Knights. And even in that he seemed to only do it because he had to.

At the start of the episode when those kids walked past his boat, he gave them a wave and that was all, no "Happy Halloween" or anything.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 28 October 2009 - 09:31 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 28 October 2009 - 07:33 PM)
I can't recall anything other than Halloween Knights. And even in that he seemed to only do it because he had to.

At the start of the episode when those kids walked past his boat, he gave them a wave and that was all, no "Happy Halloween" or anything.

Yeah, exactly. I can't remember if when he walked in to find that lavish dinner it was supposed to be halloween, or if there was a day between that and the party, but when he walked in it was like he was in for the day.

I just always got the idea he wasn't big on dressing up, perhaps a reflection of RDA's years as a mimie that he refers to as "Something I did to survive" happy.gif I remember him dressing up formally for the Heist and getting a kick out of picturing himself as James Bond- then later in the Negotiator acting like he hated even a suit and tie. hmm.bmp

As for times he actually "dressed up" as a character were the Jester (I think?) in Halloween Knights, Dexter twice, mildly dressing up as "grease monkey" in The Wish Child, and maybe there were other "cover" outfits he wore but not too much comes to mind. Ha, I just remembered I dressed up as Dexter in Middle School for school spirit week- glasses, hat, my big sister's cheerleading letter jacket LOL- I wish I would have gotten pictures of that.

A pretty big part of me thinks dressing up for halloween once you're an adult is kind of silly, but sometimes it's fun if you're going to a party of some kind. I guess Halloween isn't my one time a year to "unleash" some side of me I feel society would not accept haha, but some people feel like it is the one chance a year that they can get away with busting out their full LOTR costume or dress really kinky and not change people's perception of them too heavily (or so they think tongue.gif). I did Jack Sparrow a few years ago and, well, you can see my appalled girlfriend in the background suddenly realizing I was a little too comfortable in that costume biggrin.gif

user posted image

I think two years ago was Batman, and last year I most probably sat alone in my room but I really forget now. Is anyone doing MacGyver-inspired costumes, and if so, what? Oh, and if you have in the past pics are always good smile.gif



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 29 October 2009 - 02:44 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



MacGyver doesn't strike me as someone who is too into Halloween---he is too rational and analytical for that. I'm sure he would give out candy to kids because he likes them, but otherwise he's pretty reserved and would probably prefer to stay home. I'm pretty much the same way. I've never been a huge Halloween fan. I don't like candy, and I don't like the excuse people use to get drunk and destroy private property (I'm speaking from personal experience). dry.gif The bigger kids in our neighborhood used to intimidate the smaller kids and steal their candy, too, so to me the holiday is bad news, an excuse for bad behavior. But, when I did dress up as a kid, it was usually as a cowgirl (if you could see my costume--we usually get snow on Halloween and have to cover costumes with heavy jackets). I imagine as a kid Mac dressed up as a cowboy quite frequently.



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted: 29 October 2009 - 03:38 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



he did dress up in The Lost Amadeus.



 
                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 29 October 2009 - 05:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Don't forget him dressing up as Dexter in e.g Jenny's Chance.
Or as papa Legba (if it was papa Legba...?) in Walking Dead.
Or as knight of the round table in Good Knight MacGyver!



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 October 2009 - 10:46 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Well Mac at least had skeleton hanging on his door in Lesson in Evil. He might not fully be into it. Of course how could he in the first place, he's not always at home.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 October 2009 - 10:55 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Sheepy @ 29 October 2009 - 06:07 AM)
Don't forget him dressing up as Dexter in e.g Jenny's Chance.
Or as papa Legba (if it was papa Legba...?) in Walking Dead.
Or as knight of the round table in Good Knight MacGyver!

I don't think you can include Good Knight MacGyver as dressing up because he was actually just wearing what was normal clothing in that situation so he didn't look so out of place. In the same what that the dream episodes weren't dressing up because he was wearing what was normal clothing for that period.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 31 October 2009 - 05:14 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 29 October 2009 - 11:55 PM)
QUOTE (Sheepy @ 29 October 2009 - 06:07 AM)
Don't forget him dressing up as Dexter in e.g Jenny's Chance.
Or as papa Legba (if it was papa Legba...?) in Walking Dead.
Or as knight of the round table in Good Knight MacGyver!

I don't think you can include Good Knight MacGyver as dressing up because he was actually just wearing what was normal clothing in that situation so he didn't look so out of place. In the same what that the dream episodes weren't dressing up because he was wearing what was normal clothing for that period.

Nevertheless, I always thought he looked kind of cute in tights harhar.gif

I'm a sucker for Arthur's legend, so there you go biggrin.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 1 November 2009 - 02:41 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



He's the only man who could look manly in tights. happy.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll