Well, that's tricky- Victorinox claims to have been founded in 1884 so that must be the date they're going on- they weren't actually contracted by the military until later, and that particular model came out in the 50's or so I believe. They are putting those handles on several of their models, some of which have only been around for 10 years or so. Just a company existence celebration really. In a bad economy I think they're trying to squeeze the collectors because the utilitarian folk will just start buying used on ebay to get what they value- whereas collectors value having every single variation.
I think it is notable that the original turn of the Century SAK looked like this:

And even that one is younger than 125 years haha.
"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle
"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser