Personal MacGyver CD
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Reptile
Posted: 25 July 2007 - 07:25 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Here is a song list of somebody's personal MacGyver CD:
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/club/6285/cd.htm

I am very interesting from where did he get those songs.
I am able to collect them all but I need to know where in the episode this song plays. Then I can rip it off the DVD and save it as MP3. So it would be greatly help if you will know some of this songs (for example where is MacGyver's Love Theme - Classic MacGyver music tune)
I hope you understand what I need happy.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 25 July 2007 - 11:58 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



You could always go through your DVDs and find the music yourself hmm.bmp



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 12:13 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 25 July 2007 - 01:33 PM)
You could always go through your DVDs and find the music yourself hmm.bmp

yes but it takes very much time don't you think? wink.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 12:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Even if someone has a list of the music and where it is in each episode.. its still going to take a lot of time to go through and find that time spot in each episode.

You might want to take a look in the sounds section of our web site here. We have the audio of Pete telling the scorpion and the turtle story as well as the tune MacGyver played.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 12:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE
Even if someone has a list of the music and where it is in each episode.. its still going to take a lot of time to go through and find that time spot in each episode.

I used to have a list like that.

QUOTE
(for example where is MacGyver's Love Theme - Classic MacGyver music tune)

Unless I'm mistaken with the Love Theme this guy is referring to Eau De Leo. To what was played when the days passed during his relationship with Deborah.

The descriptions aren't quite accurate though. Some descriptions belongs to other episodes or the episode above.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 03:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 July 2007 - 02:24 PM)
The descriptions aren't quite accurate though. Some descriptions belongs to other episodes or the episode above.

Yes that's right but I am sure every Mac fan will get it smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 04:52 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Yeah, I've seen this list before. It's a much better compilation than the "official" MacGyver soundtrack CD (which I recently ordered just for completeness' sake. WOW! There's only 3 tracks on it that have anything to do with MacGyver, and all those are just various remixes of the theme song!)
I wish something like this guy's personl MacGyver CD had been released as the official soundtrack- I would love to get something like that.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 06:17 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyver @ 25 July 2007 - 06:27 PM)
Yeah, I've seen this list before. It's a much better compilation than the "official" MacGyver soundtrack CD (which I recently ordered just for completeness' sake. WOW! There's only 3 tracks on it that have anything to do with MacGyver, and all those are just various remixes of the theme song!)
I wish something like this guy's personl MacGyver CD had been released as the official soundtrack- I would love to get something like that.

I am collecting those songs from DVD, but it will take some time.
If it isn't illegaly I can share them then...



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



by the way, somewhere on that list, the guy started overlapping the description- right at track 9 from "Ghost Ship"- I think "Classic tune" is referring to the "Lost Love" episode- and then "MacGyver chasing Bigfoot" is obviously from "Ghost Ship". So it seems most every description should be moved one line up accordingly.

But it's definitely a very nice list.
There are a few specific music pieces I can think of that would be nice to include. Definitely some great music in "The Gauntlet" and in "Trumbo's World" (especially the opening gambits)

And of course, the MacGyver theme song with its slight variations throughout the seasons would be cool.
And the only actual "songs" I can think of from the show are largely original pieces made for the show in any case.
There may be a few times, like in "Ugly Duckling" when Mac's at that club, that there may have been some generic 80s rock music playing or something, but generally there weren't that many songs on the show.
Richard Dean Anderson's "Eau De Leo" composition from "The Negotiator" would be a definite.
And then there's Michael Des Barres' contribution- "Cleo Rocks".
And the "Higher Life" song from "Two Times Trouble"
(So far, all of these have been original songs)
And the public domain Christmas carols- "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas" from "The Madonna"
And the "Tough Boys" rap
That seems to be most all I can think of. I would also definitely include the beautiful piano piece from "Passages"- I love that. My brother used to play it on the piano every now and then.
Oh- and the Western theme from "Serenity" and "MacGyver's Women"
And I think the closing theme song music should be included too, probably at the end of an album. biggrin.gif





 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 05:50 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Yup, I think the Tough Boys rap was made only for MacGyver or am I wrong?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 27 July 2007 - 05:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



I would think it was specifically created for MacGyver, but just because I've never heard the song before anywhere else doesn't mean perhaps the band had previously written it. In fact, it may actually have been released by the band on tape or CD sometime. I'll have to research that a bit more.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 27 July 2007 - 07:19 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



OK smile.gif
I have some MP3s ready right now happy.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 27 July 2007 - 09:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Regarding the "Tough Boys" song and the G Love E band- it seems that the band only released one album- or at least, it's the only one I've been able to find for sale. Here's an Ebay listing for their August 21, 1990 release "Chillin' on the G Spot" in CD format.
http://cgi.ebay.com/G-LOVE-E-cd-CHILLIN-ON...VQQcmdZViewItem

The track listing is included there- with 12 songs- but unless "Tough Boys" was a hidden track, I don't think it was included on this album. If you search for "G Love E" on Ebay, you will also find their "Dance Baby" and "Give It to Me" single releases- but I was unable to find any further albums.

Here's Amazon.com's listing for their album
http://www.amazon.com/Chillin-G-Spot-Love-E/dp/B000008FUM




 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 27 July 2007 - 09:08 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Of course, having said that, I have also found this listing on Amazon for a release by G Love E called "Give It to Me", released on February 4, 1991.
http://www.amazon.com/Give-Me-G-Love-E/dp/...85486091&sr=1-4

(I am uncertain if this is the aforementioned single from my last post, or if this is in fact another album altogether.
Both of these albums are under the Capitol record label. I'll see if I can find a track listing for this other release.)



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 27 July 2007 - 09:19 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Okay, here's the discography for G Love E from AOL Music.
http://music.aol.com/artist/g-love-e/15035/discography

From what I can tell, "Give it to Me" was a single released in 1991. Outside of their 1990 "Chillin' on the G Spot" album, I don't think the band had any other albums. But they did have the honor of rapping for the "Tough Boys" episode of MacGyver, so I guess they'll forever be remembered for that! biggrin.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 01:51 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



I want to include also Macs Answer Phone, but I forgot in which episode is it.
I know about The Flame's End (but this is another version and there are also with the "hockey match" sound).
So do you know in which episode is it? I think in the one with Jack.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 02:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Hi, this is MacGyver. We all know how these things work, so when you hear the beep: go for it.
Jack in the Box and The Negotiator.

In Flame's End it was something like: Hi, this is not MacGyver. Obviously you've got the wrong number, but if you do got a message, you can leave it after the beep and I might get back to you.

Unnecessary long but indeed funny.

And in Target MacGyver there was another one: Hi this is MacGyver. When you hear the beep, you can tell me what's on your mind.

Or something like that.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 04:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 27 July 2007 - 04:08 PM)
Hi, this is MacGyver. We all know how these things work, so when you hear the beep: go for it.
Jack in the Box and The Negotiator.

In Flame's End it was something like: Hi, this is not MacGyver. Obviously you've got the wrong number, but if you do got a message, you can leave it after the beep and I might get back to you.

Unnecessary long but indeed funny.

And in Target MacGyver there was another one: Hi this is MacGyver. When you hear the beep, you can tell me what's on your mind.

Or something like that.

Thats great. Thanks MGod smile.gif I will include all of them happy.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 07:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



Here is my collection I have so far... Please write anything to add in it...

Attached Image
Attached Image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 06:08 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Sounds like a good line-up so far. Good call on "Harry's Will"- there's a great music piece that plays throughout the whole thing- particularly whenever Cody is in the scene and he's doing his little jaunt! biggrin.gif

Also, I might throw in the ending music from "Honest Abe"- there's a bit of a calypso-style version of the MacGyver closing theme at the end that's pretty cool. Other than that, it might also be cool to have some music from some of the opening gambits- "The Gauntlet" and "Trumbo's World" come to mind. But it'd also be neat to have some music from the "Pilot" and maybe some from "The Stringer". But these are instrumental pieces I'm talking of.
I can't think of many other actual songs- other than "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas" from "The Madonna"
(which would be cool with me because I love listening to Christmas carols and songs at any time of the year! smile.gif )




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 07:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyver @ 28 July 2007 - 07:43 AM)
Sounds like a good line-up so far. Good call on "Harry's Will"- there's a great music piece that plays throughout the whole thing- particularly whenever Cody is in the scene and he's doing his little jaunt! biggrin.gif

Also, I might throw in the ending music from "Honest Abe"- there's a bit of a calypso-style version of the MacGyver closing theme at the end that's pretty cool. Other than that, it might also be cool to have some music from some of the opening gambits- "The Gauntlet" and "Trumbo's World" come to mind. But it'd also be neat to have some music from the "Pilot" and maybe some from "The Stringer". But these are instrumental pieces I'm talking of.
I can't think of many other actual songs- other than "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas" from "The Madonna"
(which would be cool with me because I love listening to Christmas carols and songs at any time of the year! smile.gif )

thanks, I will see what I can do wink.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 07:55 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



I slightly looked at Honest Abe ending music, but I didn't hear any difference between the other endings music in season 7...



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 July 2007 - 10:06 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Reptile @ 27 July 2007 - 09:24 PM)
Here is my collection I have so far... Please write anything to add in it...

Sounds good. biggrin.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 29 July 2007 - 02:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Well, I don't mean the closing credits from "Honest Abe", but there's a music piece that plays right when MacGyver and Abe are flying back to the USA at the end.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 29 July 2007 - 07:48 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyver @ 29 July 2007 - 03:57 AM)
Well, I don't mean the closing credits from "Honest Abe", but there's a music piece that plays right when MacGyver and Abe are flying back to the USA at the end.

aha tongue.gif well, now I hear it biggrin.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 31 July 2007 - 12:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



I have updated the soundtrack collection and added a new tracks.
I didn't include Honest Abe and The Gauntlet yet, because I want to know if my list is good now (it has already 40 tracks happy.gif )
Here it is:

Attached Image
Attached Image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 31 July 2007 - 09:27 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Looks really nice- is all that going to be able to fit on 1 CD? Might have to be a double CD set! biggrin.gif

Or maybe you'll just store them all on an iPod or whichever MP3 player version you prefer.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 31 July 2007 - 06:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyver @ 30 July 2007 - 11:02 PM)
Looks really nice- is all that going to be able to fit on 1 CD? Might have to be a double CD set! biggrin.gif

Or maybe you'll just store them all on an iPod or whichever MP3 player version you prefer.

yeah I got them all right now in MP3 on my PC
well as I already said, I can upload them all somewhere on internet and you will be able to download them, but I don't know if this is the final collection wink.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGirl
Posted: 1 August 2007 - 08:35 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Very kewl. Must have been a lot of work!

Glad to see they included the "Invisible Killer" music. One of my favorite eppys for music.



Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 2 August 2007 - 10:39 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Thanks to Reptile, we now have the Unofficial MacGyver Soundtrack online.

You can either listen to individual tracks or download the whole album as a zip file.

All tracks are recorded as MP3 files.

Reptiles done a great job of putting these tracks together and I'd say this collection is well worth a listen.

Click here to view the soundtrack page





Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll