Meeting MacGyver
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 January 2010 - 03:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



If you had the chance to meet MacGyver (the character) what would you want to do? where would you want to meet him?



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Traveller
Posted: 1 January 2010 - 10:43 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Gender:   ---
Country: Somewhere else
SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Out in the cold, for some spectacular skiing – without the avalanches..
Afterwards some hiking and camping in the woods. He could demonstrate his survival skills and we could compare knives.

Hopefully, we will come across something unexpected – bad guys, cranky wild animals, damsels in distress – so I get a chance to see Mac at his finest, up close and personal. And it sure would be nice if he would need my help.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
SHEILA
Posted: 2 January 2010 - 08:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



I would want to meet Mac MacG.gif by chance. Like on vacation. My husband and I had a wonderful opportunity to go to Tennessee for a week back in October.We saw some of the most beautiful country I had ever seen. We went this to town called Sweetwater and they had the worlds largest underground lake. What you do is hike down in the caverns about a mile and you come to the lake and you can even ride on a boat it . I thought about Mac while we were underground. It would have been neat to meet him and his son that way. While we are walking out of the cave there could be a cave in and we could band together to get ourselves out. He would need a medic and I have that kind of training. We would even have a funny moment blink.gif when we both pull out our SAK sak.gif at the same time.

(When I get my pictures up loaded I will share them with all of you.)




Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
angus20
Posted: 5 January 2010 - 04:45 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 137
Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: Costa Rica
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:all
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



well i would like to meet mac in anyplace, i just want to shake his hand and show him my respects.

XD



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 03:58 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I would like to meet him on a mission. Like observing a wolf pack or something.



 
                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 12:16 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



I would like to go camping with him, we could talk all night around a camp fire, so romantic! blush.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mac Jackson
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 12:37 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 314
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Dickson City PA
SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I often have dreams where I meet or have already known MacGyver/RDA or Jack O'Neill and/or we are in a situation or on a mission together. Speaking for myself, I consider the idea of meeting RDA the same(minus the MacGyverisms) as meeting meeting MacGyver or Jack O'Neill since so much of the characters have been built around RDA. I have yet to meet my idol but it is a life long dream I hope to obtain. MacG.gif



Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 02:37 PM                                    
Quote Post





Posts: 0
Joined: --
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Black Rhino
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Anytime anyplace - I will be meeting the man in Vancouver in August - can't wait!!! happy_dance.gif



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Geekgirl
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 03:10 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 479
Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Gender:  Female
Country: Minneapolis, MN
SAK owned: unknown

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (pcaseyco @ 5 January 2010 - 08:37 PM)
Anytime anyplace - I will be meeting the man in Vancouver in August - can't wait!!! happy_dance.gif

You lucky person biggrin.gif Wish I wish I was going, just to shake his hand and say thanks for the great role model he provided.



“Typical. Just when you're getting ahead, someone changes the odds." - MacGyver


 
PM                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 03:36 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



QUOTE (pcaseyco @ 6 January 2010 - 10:37 AM)
Anytime anyplace - I will be meeting the man in Vancouver in August - can't wait!!! happy_dance.gif

Lucky you! Take more photos and post them here!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 05:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Well I don't know when I'm going to die, but that's when I want to meet him- so he can prevent it laugh.gif



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 January 2010 - 05:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Yep, I too would love to be able to shake RDAs hand and briefly tell him how his portrayal of MacGyver influenced my life.

As for meeting MacGyver, I'm still not sure how exactly I'd like to do it. I know it would be kewl to just hang out with him in the Houseboat chatting about issues of the day. But of coarse if it was today, it would be hanging out in the loft, which would be kewl too (just not as kewl as the houseboat) Maybe I'd try to talk him into rebuilding or buying a new houseboat hmm.bmp



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 January 2010 - 09:54 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



A fantasy I said goodbye to a long time ago. Actually living with the man as being part of his close environment just like Jack and Nikki were in the third season, still sounds interesting. Popping up once in a while to join an adventure, why not?



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
SHEILA
Posted: 7 January 2010 - 02:39 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



I agree with all of you , to be able to say thank you in person would be great. Maybe some day when I win the lottery. :jaw:and go to event like that. Ya and pigs can fly too , blink.gif but anyway that is why I am here on this site as wells as Kate's site too. Speaking of witch I am MacGyverNut on RDANDERSON.LOL guys. sakopen.gif



Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 7 January 2010 - 08:47 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (pcaseyco @ 6 January 2010 - 03:37 AM)
Anytime anyplace - I will be meeting the man in Vancouver in August - can't wait!!! happy_dance.gif

Ooooh!! Enjoy!! Tell him to join the annual Mac-chat this year! (since the show aired first 25 yrs ago, time for a celebration!!)

Ow... and don't make a butt out of yourself like I did laugh.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 7 January 2010 - 10:11 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Sheepy @ 7 January 2010 - 09:47 PM)
Tell him to join the annual Mac-chat this year! (since the show aired first 25 yrs ago, time for a celebration!!)

You know that's not a bad idea. It might be the only chance we get to let him know about it.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 8 January 2010 - 10:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 7 January 2010 - 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (Sheepy @ 7 January 2010 - 09:47 PM)
Tell him to join the annual Mac-chat this year! (since the show aired first 25 yrs ago, time for a celebration!!)

You know that's not a bad idea. It might be the only chance we get to let him know about it.

We talked about it during the last chat...
Maybe you can ask Kate, or involve her somehow?



 
                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted: 9 January 2010 - 02:56 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Meet him by chance like out hikeing or out in about.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 17 January 2010 - 09:08 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I like the idea of going camping or hiking with Mac; maybe a nice long backpacking trip down the Pacific Crest Trail.

And I'm also going to Meet the Man this summer; I'm hoping to be able to tell him how much the show has meant to me, and to thank him for everything he's done and continues to do.



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted: 17 January 2010 - 09:59 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Sheepy @ 8 January 2010 - 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 7 January 2010 - 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (Sheepy @ 7 January 2010 - 09:47 PM)
Tell him to join the annual Mac-chat this year! (since the show aired first 25 yrs ago, time for a celebration!!)

You know that's not a bad idea. It might be the only chance we get to let him know about it.

We talked about it during the last chat...
Maybe you can ask Kate, or involve her somehow?

That would be great for him to chat with us.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 17 January 2010 - 04:17 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



RDA is all but computer-illiterate; anyone who shows up in chat claiming to be him is going to be a troll. (It has happened.)



[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 17 January 2010 - 04:24 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



LOL yeah, he said in the screen savers interview that he has "people" to transfer photos off his camera onto the computer to make sure he doesn't accidentally delete them.

Poor guy.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacLovin
Posted: 12 February 2010 - 10:45 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 54
Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Gender:  Female
Country: US
SAK owned: pink knockoff

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I'd be a troubled teen he lets stay at his houseboat. lol



 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted: 20 May 2013 - 04:50 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



The possibilities are endless but I'd want to be one of his friends... MacG.gif



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacFan092985
Posted: 21 May 2013 - 02:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 903
Joined: 7 May 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: CO
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: . . . Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



A little set-up before I describe where I'd like to meet "MacGyver".

How many of us, when we see a vehicle like we drive parked in a parking lot, have ever parked next to it just because it's neat to do so. On a couple of occasions, I've gone out of my way to park next to a SAAB the same color as mine.

I would like to meet "MacGyver" when, after I park my jeep.gif next to his at the grocery store, each of us happens to return to our vehicles at the same time and we each mistake the others Jeep for our own. We would each be a little embarrassed after realizing our mistake, we'd exit the vehicles, introduce ourselves, have a good laugh, shake hands, compliment each other on our good taste in Jeeps and go our separate ways.



"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted: 21 May 2013 - 09:51 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



roller.gif Awesome!




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 23 May 2013 - 07:23 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (AussieMacFan @ 20 May 2013 - 04:50 PM)
The possibilities are endless but I'd want to be one of his friends... MacG.gif

Aye, me too smile.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted: 24 May 2013 - 06:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rocket @ 23 May 2013 - 02:23 AM)
QUOTE (AussieMacFan @ 20 May 2013 - 04:50 PM)
The possibilities are endless but I'd want to be one of his friends... MacG.gif

Aye, me too smile.gif

Me three! smile.gif

I guess for me, it doesn't really matter. But hey, that's what fanfiction is for, right? XD



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 24 May 2013 - 08:35 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Me four! X3 I really don't know HOW I'd like to meet him, but you can sure bet I'd love to be his friend!
Maybe while I'm out trying to train my dog in a public setting, Dixie would eventually be unable to contain herself (as usual) and the person she happens to rush up to (with dirty paws and all) would be MacGyver. :3



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted: 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



laugh.gif I can imagine that, he wouldn't mind the muddy paws. MacG.gif



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll