While I was checking the trivia list for the movie Die Hard on IMDB, it is written that Richard Dean Anderson was considered for the role of John McClane during the making of the first Die Hard.

Also other bigger actors were considered like Sylvester Stallone, Don Johnson and Richard Gere amongst others.
But to see RDA's name was kind a surprise for me. Can you picture him going yippie-ka-yay? With a little imagination, I can see him in that film. Though it might've been weird to play an action hero with guns blazing and fistfights in a movie and a non-violent one with wits and a SAK in a tv-show.
Since the movie was filmed in fall 1987 I think we would've got a late third season RDA or either an early fourth season RDA in Die Hard, if he would've gotten the role.
What would you say about that?
RDA in a white tanktop/topless on his bare feet with machineguns taking down terrorists?
I'd say it would've been cool. But John McClane wouldn't be John McClane if he wasn't played by Bruce Willis.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.