I remember why I mainly buy saks
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Flyboy16
Posted: 29 January 2010 - 03:59 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned: cadet,sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:the hiest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Well for the last two years i bought atleast 12 saks combined. This christmas i wanted a sog twitch 2 spring assisted knife. well a month later the spring is broken........... a sak has never failed on me like that. Shame on you sog! now this month im getting for saks
an executive, red farmer and a blue farmer. 2marro i am going to amazon to replace my sog twitch 2. only not with another twitch.

user posted image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 29 January 2010 - 04:45 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Flyboy16 @ 29 January 2010 - 03:59 PM)
Well for the last two years i bought atleast 12 saks combined. This christmas i wanted a sog twitch 2 spring assisted knife. well a month later the spring is broken........... a sak has never failed on me like that. Shame on you sog! now this month im getting for saks
an executive, red farmer and a blue farmer. 2marro i am going to amazon to replace my sog twitch 2. only not with another twitch.

user posted image

Amazing how reliable they are isn't it? I have handled well over 1,000 used SAKs and the rate of spring failure is nominal. The few I've seen are on particularly old models that had smaller, more frail springs, but all the modern SAKs from the 80's and up are remarkably durable. If you want a single blade that snaps open like the SOGs, unfortunately Victorinox doesn't really offer anything. The 111mm single blades like the Sentinel are a little big for what they are.

user posted image

Out of curiosity, what SAK models do you have? 12?!! I thought I was the only one around here with that kind of sickne... er I mean, obsession with owning all the same SAK's Mac had whistle.gif



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Flyboy16
Posted: 29 January 2010 - 05:53 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned: cadet,sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:the hiest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



ha. i have a green cadet, silver cadet, recruit, alox soldier, tinker, hiker, 1980s climber, 19802 fisherman with a can key built into the screw driver, i have a limited edition tinker, champion plus, classic, and the rescue tool. lol im 15 but i buy saks instead of video games roller.gif sak.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 January 2010 - 06:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Flyboy16 @ 29 January 2010 - 04:59 PM)
i am going to amazon to replace my sog twitch 2. only not with another twitch.

Hey if you go to Amazon through our store or this link we'll get a small commission from your purchase to help towards the costs of the site.

Shameless promotion I know.. but have to pay the bills somehow. blush.gif

As for the quality, yeah you really can't beat Victorinox. I brought a Wenger SAK once and was thoroughly unimpressed by it. In my opinion Wenger is only a few steps up from those cheap Chinese knock-offs.

Victorinox all the way! happy_dance.gif




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacBeth
Posted: 29 January 2010 - 07:48 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 5,799
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: Ecotopian in Exile
SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Victorinox is magnificent. "Lifetime Guarantee" -- it doesn't get much more solid than that. When I first got my Swiss Memory, I was astonished -- I'd gotten so accustomed, over the years, to the typical standards of so-called quality in most of the world. It had been years since the last time I'd seen something that was manufactured with such uncompromising quality.

user posted image




[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacDriver
Posted: 30 January 2010 - 09:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 377
Joined: 31 May 2006
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



With all the different models he had, I almost wonder if he periodically headed down to the hardware store and went crazy with the Phoenix credit card:

user posted image



"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted: 30 January 2010 - 10:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Victorinox has never failed me all theses years.



 
                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll