MacGyver: Fugitive Gauntlet - Issue 3 discussion, (May contain spoilers)
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
MacGyver: Fugitive Gauntlet - Issue 3 discussion
user posted image [ 1 ]  [100.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 10:05 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



En route to Moscow, MacGyver and Kari find themselves on a plane journey to certain death when an old nemesis of Mac's returns to claim his bounty - and things go from bad to worse!


user posted image




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 10:14 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I love the cover art on this issue. Best of the series. smile.gif




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 10:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Read it and it was AWESOME!!!

Kinda had a couple of "squee" moments though. Will keep thoughts to self for now. wink.gif Teeheehee

I dunno if anyone is interested, but because I live in the middle of nowhere, I order a lot online. There's a site (comixology.com) I get my digital comics from... because I'm impatient and didn't want to wait to see what happens next. So if people don't want to wait and don't mind reading it digitally, it's a good site to get it from. happy.gif



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 10:45 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Don't keep your thoughts to yourself. This thread is here to discuss the comic.. so discuss it.






 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 11:04 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I just didn't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it yet. But, okay. happy.gif

I am just so happy at the mention of Pete and the Phoenix Foundation. I was under the impression that Pete and Phoenix weren't going to be used at all, but that is just... awesome. I'm extremely stoked about it. I also noticed that Mac looks a little more like RDA in this one as well... well, minus the mullet. XD

I also noticed that the whole place scenario kinda mirrors what happened in the beginning of Rock the Cradle. Poor Mac... hates heights and seems to always be dealing with them. XD



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 11:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yeah I had the same thoughts. I'm stoked that MacGyver was talking to Pete on the phone! happy_dance.gif And the whole scene with the planes hydraulics reminded me of the beginning of Rock the Cradle also. smile.gif

This whole story has so many familiar element to it. It's great!

biggrin.gif




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 11:14 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I know! You think that the whole Pete and Phoenix Foundation bits were meant to surprise us? If it was, it worked.

I'm gonna read it again here shortly because I was a little overly excited and probably missed some good stuff.

Well, at least we now know that Zlotoff either has the rights or got the rights for what they used in the show, which probably means more surprises in store. happy.gif

These guys seriously need an internet high five for this one.



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 11:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Jediferret @ 20 December 2012 - 12:17 PM)
Well, at least we now know that Zlotoff either has the rights or got the rights for what they used in the show, which probably means more surprises in store. happy.gif

He's always said the ownership of the TV Show property is a bit of a gray area, so maybe he's just decided to go with the "It's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission" philosophy.

Either way it's awesome! happy_dance.gif

QUOTE
These guys seriously need an internet high five for this one.

Done through our Twitter account



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 11:56 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Awesome! I just recently reactivated my twitter account so I could follow RDA and anything MacGyver related... and MacGyver Online, of course. wink.gif I saw the high five. happy.gif Yay!

This is just an assumption, but I believe Paramount not only owns the rights to MacGyver, but I'm pretty sure they're involved with the movie as well. I'll have to dig around online about it, but he probably won't get into much trouble, if any at all. In any case, it'll just boost DVD sales for the show. lol

I would LOVE to see Mac's boat house and Jeep at some point. At least the Jeep. It was as much a character in the show as Mac and Pete. I was so sad it got shot up in the final episode. sad.gif



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 20 December 2012 - 12:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Jediferret @ 20 December 2012 - 12:59 PM)
This is just an assumption, but I believe Paramount not only owns the rights to MacGyver, but I'm pretty sure they're involved with the movie as well. I'll have to dig around online about it, but he probably won't get into much trouble, if any at all. In any case, it'll just boost DVD sales for the show. lol

Nope. Lee Zlotoff owns all rights to MacGyver. And Paramount have nothing to do with the movie.

The only thing Paramount owns is the TV show. And according to Lee Zlotoff even that's a legal gray area now that he has full ownership of MacGyver.






 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 23 December 2012 - 07:13 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Ahh, gotcha. I knew Zlotoff had the rights to the pilot, but that was about the extend of my knowledge. lol

It's still pretty cool though that Pete and the Phoenix Foundation were in this issue. I do hope they will be playing a bigger role in future issues (and/or the movie *cough*). I just adore the friendship that Mac and Pete have. happy.gif




"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll