MacGyver Awareness, Future Generations Of MacGyver Fans
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
AlongTheWay
Posted: 11 April 2013 - 01:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 26
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: NYC
SAK owned: WorkChamp

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



As a 15 year old MacGyver fan, I have made it my mission to spread the word. Im proud to say i have "recruited" about a half dozen of my best friends!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 11 April 2013 - 01:19 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Lets give a big hand to AlongTheWay! That's fantastic!



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Arron53
Posted: 11 April 2013 - 02:10 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 43
Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Gender:  Male
Country: Philippines
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



clapping.gif
You certainly are doing a better job then I am. My friends say the show is old and it isn't as good as today's shows because of the "video quality bla bla bla". Sad to say, my friends aren't very open-minded so me and my dad are kinda the only fans of MacGyver in my neighborhood. But that doesn't matter much anymore. You guys are here. happy.gif

I was really excited and relieved when I first saw this website. I thought I was the only MacGyver fan out there.



"If you're afraid of the answer, don't ask the question." -MacGyver

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 11 April 2013 - 02:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Bwahaha! Old?! Not as good?! Dude, they need to get out more. Lol! In my opinion, MacGyver is waaaay better than a lot of the junk today that people like to call television.



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Arron53
Posted: 11 April 2013 - 02:37 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 43
Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Gender:  Male
Country: Philippines
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE
In my opinion, MacGyver is waaaay better than a lot of the junk today that people like to call television.


Ugh, I can't stress that point of yours enough!!! 95% of TV shows today are dumb and insults the audience's intelligence. >.> I'd be surprised if you learn something from TV shows today. Watching MacGyver makes me laugh every single time he outwits the bad guys. The reactions on their face are just hilarious. It's funny AND educational for me. Those are the two things I really like about shows.

(I just hope bad guys of today don't watch it so they get an idea of how to make bombs >_<)



"If you're afraid of the answer, don't ask the question." -MacGyver

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
AlongTheWay
Posted: 11 April 2013 - 03:44 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 26
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: NYC
SAK owned: WorkChamp

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



As for the educational aspect of the show it's definitely there. When I first started watching it I definitely saw myself adapting to my environment better, utilizing the tools . I still often catch myself making a repair with a paperclip! You start to see simple solutions and will otherwise complicated problems.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted: 12 April 2013 - 02:16 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Arron53 @ 11 April 2013 - 01:10 PM)
clapping.gif
You certainly are doing a better job then I am. My friends say the show is old and it isn't as good as today's shows because of the "video quality bla bla bla". Sad to say, my friends aren't very open-minded so me and my dad are kinda the only fans of MacGyver in my neighborhood. But that doesn't matter much anymore. You guys are here. happy.gif

I was really excited and relieved when I first saw this website. I thought I was the only MacGyver fan out there.

I have that exact same problem... dry.gif
macsak.gif



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 12 April 2013 - 07:21 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



My son always groans and says how cheesy it is...

...And then he sits down and watches anyway and gets really into all the MacGyverisms biggrin.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted: 12 April 2013 - 09:50 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (AlongTheWay @ 11 April 2013 - 01:05 PM)
As a 15 year old MacGyver fan, I have made it my mission to spread the word. Im proud to say i have "recruited" about a half dozen of my best friends!

Well done, AlongTheWay, you have every right to be proud! biggrin.gif



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
AlongTheWay
Posted: 13 April 2013 - 03:28 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 26
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: NYC
SAK owned: WorkChamp

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (MDBfan @ 12 April 2013 - 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (AlongTheWay @ 11 April 2013 - 01:05 PM)
As a 15 year old MacGyver fan, I have made it my mission to spread the word. Im proud to say i have "recruited" about a half dozen of my best friends!

Well done, AlongTheWay, you have every right to be proud! biggrin.gif

Doing my little part to make the world a little more of an adaptable place! wink.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted: 6 May 2013 - 07:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I got me a friend who thinks 90210 is more like real life than MacGyver… ranting2.gif



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Daisy8577
Posted: 6 May 2013 - 11:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 687
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Michigan
SAK owned: Camper, Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Ahhhhh....
Your poor misguided friend. sad.gif 90210 is nothing like reality. Mac is much more realistic in life. At least with Mac one can learn life lessons from him.
Your friend should join the discussions and I think they might understand better. smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
AlongTheWay
Posted: 7 May 2013 - 10:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 26
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: NYC
SAK owned: WorkChamp

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I think this proves. MacGyvers lasting influence. I was playing a pop culture icon game today and this came up!(Its amazing how synonymous they are.)

Attached Image
Attached Image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted: 7 May 2013 - 05:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Actually, my friend did join MacGyver Online, just to get at me. He was inactive and his account got deleted, he wasn't interested in our discussions, you know, this was the same friend that saw the flamethrower scene of The Widowmaker and went outside because he thought it was boring... sad.gif



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted: 7 May 2013 - 07:01 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (AussieMacFan @ 7 May 2013 - 05:05 PM)
Actually, my friend did join MacGyver Online, just to get at me. He was inactive and his account got deleted, he wasn't interested in our discussions, you know, this was the same friend that saw the flamethrower scene of The Widowmaker and went outside because he thought it was boring... sad.gif

Bad behavior. sad.gif
Glad you got a MacGyver interested friend to join us. biggrin.gif



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted: 7 May 2013 - 07:12 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Trust me so am I, actually I'm pretty proud of her. biggrin.gif



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted: 8 May 2013 - 02:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



My best friend watches MacGyver with me when she has time. We hadn't watched any in about month, so we finally watched Out in the Cold on Saturday. She said it was like seeing an old friend that you haven't seen in a long time. lol

I dunno if she'd ever join here as she's likes the show, but not enough to join a forum. Maybe some day. She does want to meet RDA with me though. That would be exciting! smile.gif

But, don't feel bad, I have friends that find MacGyver boring. And some that have never watched it will never watch it because I like it. It's their way of picking on me because they think it's funny... apparently I'm an easy target... dry.gif

Edit: I had an interesting thought... have any of you done any kind of volunteer work like MacGyver? I've never done anything like that, but I want to...

This post has been edited by Jediferret on 8 May 2013 - 02:19 AM



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 8 May 2013 - 02:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



My mom watched MacGyver when she was younger, but liked The Six Million Dollar Man and Wonder Woman more xD. I guess my mom deserves the credit for my introduction to MacGyver though. I was asking her which shows she liked best when she was a kid/teen and she told me about MacGyver.
My dad doesn't really like tv.
My uncle is responsible for my interest in westerns, but he's been known to watch MacGyver and he was the first person I watched it with when I was like 6 or so.
My big sis hasn't taken the pleasure of watching MacGyver.
And yays! My lil sis is starting to take an interest! We watched "Soft Touch" together the other night. smile.gif


Yes! Well, maybe not MacGyver-ish, but I want to volunteer at our library and animal rescue this summer.



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted: 8 May 2013 - 04:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I'm kinda lucky in that my company supports community volunteering, like cleanups, walks, charities, pretty much everything. It kinda sucks because I was out of town for the stuff I was actually interested in... Challenger's had an expo and we had a community cleanup, also had a zombie run for the handicapped called the Rundead. All happened on the two weeks I was on vacation... sad.gif The zombie run sounded like a hoot. XD

I'm actually really curious as the MacGyver Foundation and what they'll be doing... hmm.bmp

Edit: My Dad won't watch MacGyver... he thinks it's unrealistic and laughable. I was like Daaaaad... it's just a TV show and it's a good influence, give it a chance. No, no chance for MacGyver. I made him sit through the Pilot with me and he just laughed through the whole thing. However, he liked Trail to Doomsday... He said it was pretty good for a TV movie. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Jediferret on 8 May 2013 - 05:14 AM



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted: 8 May 2013 - 06:56 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Jediferret @ 8 May 2013 - 04:47 AM)
Edit:  My Dad won't watch MacGyver... he thinks it's unrealistic and laughable.  I was like Daaaaad... it's just a TV show and it's a good influence, give it a chance.  No, no chance for MacGyver.  I made him sit through the Pilot with me and he just laughed through the whole thing.  However, he liked Trail to Doomsday... He said it was pretty good for a TV movie.  blink.gif

My mum has never been interested in MacGyver. My sister and I used to watch it with my dad. Whenever I watch TV with him, he spoils the fun. mad.gif Just like your dad, Jediferret, he says it's not realistic. (He says that about all TV shows.) Also, when I was younger, he always let me know that any blood was not real and he thought it was funny refering to it as "ketchup". *Facepalm* I know he only had good intentions, but still...

I was about 10 when I started watching MacGyver. He should have known that some of you watched it as 6 year olds!

When I feel like watching a series with my parents, it has to be Derrick, one of a few TV shows the three of us watch together. It is not as exciting as MacGyver though. smile.gif



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
  Posted: 14 May 2013 - 08:21 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (AussieMacFan @ 7 May 2013 - 03:05 PM)
Actually, my friend did join MacGyver Online, just to get at me. He was inactive and his account got deleted, he wasn't interested in our discussions, you know, this was the same friend that saw the flamethrower scene of The Widowmaker and went outside because he thought it was boring... sad.gif

Anyone who remembers Rozzels99, meet BeverlyHillsMacFan. Both are Ross.



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted: 15 May 2013 - 05:26 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (AussieMacFan @ 14 May 2013 - 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (AussieMacFan @ 7 May 2013 - 03:05 PM)
Actually, my friend did join MacGyver Online, just to get at me. He was inactive and his account got deleted, he wasn't interested in our discussions, you know, this was the same friend that saw the flamethrower scene of The Widowmaker and went outside because he thought it was boring... sad.gif

Anyone who remembers Rozzels99, meet BeverlyHillsMacFan. Both are Ross.

How do you know?



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted: 15 May 2013 - 06:36 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I know Ross, and we talk almost every day. It's all good though, he might become a fan! Everyone welcome Ross999! We have to work to make him a fan, but I am making progress! happy_dance.gif



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 30 May 2013 - 09:08 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I spent last weekend at UK Games Expo, the largest games convention here in England. Plenty of people arrive dressed as characters from films and TV series - Captain Jack Sparrow and the 10 year old Jawa were my favourites this year biggrin.gif

Working on the front desk as I do, I saw pretty much everyone as they came in, but there wasn't anyone dressed as MacGyver...
I know it was never as popular in the UK as it was elsewhere but still...
No MacGyver... sad.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll