That Scene's Gotta Go!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
YopeGyver
Posted: 30 May 2013 - 08:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



You're watching another episode of your favorite show (What do you mean what show? Of course "MacGyver"!) when you grimace and think, "Why did [insert writer's name] write it that way? If I was writing, I would have written it like this..."

So what scene in an episode do you shake your head at and how would you have done it different?





This discussion was originally for Alias Smith and Jones on another forum.
The words and idea belong to Penski; I just changed a word here and there to fit MacGyver.



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 30 May 2013 - 09:03 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I'd have used less stock footage in first season smile.gif

I know it saves money and time, but for anyone who's seen other films with that footage in, it's a problem.

So I'd have filmed some driving stuff instead of using chunks of 'The Italian Job' for Thief of Budapest, and I'd have filmed the handover of the coffin on the bridge instead of borrowing that scene from 'Funeral in Berlin' to use in Deathlock.



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted: 31 May 2013 - 06:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



The end of "Harry's Will", the jewelry shop owner. That was a bit too much for me. blink.gif



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 May 2013 - 06:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



That scene cracked me up. laugh.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted: 31 May 2013 - 06:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 31 May 2013 - 06:33 AM)
That scene cracked me up. laugh.gif

Lucky for you that I wasn't one of the writers! biggrin.gif



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
mac8
Posted: 31 May 2013 - 08:35 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 120
Joined: 8 Sep 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: new jersy
SAK owned: huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Target Macgyver
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



roller.gif LOL



"the tigers could have used you this year." MacGyver in the road not taken.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Wheeljack
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 04:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 485
Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: IL, United States
SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



That one episode where whats-her-name evil lady does a flying kung-fu kick right out the window. You know which one I'm talking about even though my brain is slow tonight and not remembering names. That was so cringe worthy it leaves you in a state of awe.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 4 June 2013 - 01:41 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



That was from "Pheonix Under Siege" and yes, I know who you're talking about. smile.gif
Just out of curiosity, how would you have rewritten it?



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Wheeljack
Posted: 4 June 2013 - 05:24 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 485
Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: IL, United States
SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I guess I would've just filmed it in a way that didn't make it look as if she deliberately jumped straight out the window. It couldn't have been more awkward if she had sprouted wings and flew off like batman!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll