Mac Versus IMF, Who is the best Mac or the IMF team
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
Who would you prefer to complete a risky mission?
MacGyver [ 2 ]  [100.00%]
Impossible Mission Force [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Scwilson
  Posted on 30 July 2013 - 05:45 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 150
Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



sak.gif Who would you prefer to complete a risky mission, Mac or the Impossible Mission Force led by Jim Phelps in the original TV series?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 30 July 2013 - 06:27 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I think MacGyver because with the IMF you have multiple people working together on a predetermined plan which leads to a higher rate of something going wrong. Whereas MacGyver is just one person going in loose and dealing with whatever happens when it happens.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacFan092985
Posted on 1 August 2013 - 02:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 903
Joined: 7 May 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: CO
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: . . . Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I'd have to agree with KiwiTek. wink.gif



"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted on 24 August 2013 - 04:52 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I'm curious...
Does anybody's answer change if it's the new IMF team from the films, led by Tom Cruise instead of the original TV series team?

I'm still rooting for Mac and the gang, by the way biggrin.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 24 August 2013 - 11:31 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I still say MacGyver's adaptability as one person beats the many people - many things to go wrong scenario of the IMF team.

There's too many opportunities for things to go wrong when you have a team of people all relying on an exact sequence of events to happen at an exact time.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Drawz
Posted on 24 August 2013 - 12:33 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 155
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: Chicago
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Observatory



Since according to each show, nearly every mission was a success, I'd call it a wash. smile.gif

I'd also hire the A-Team, if need be, and if I had any connections to the 1980's LA underground and could even find them that is. smile.gif



"Never go anywhere without a knife."
~L.J.G.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 24 August 2013 - 09:50 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Mac also says in The Heist that in his experiences if you go in with a tight plan the chances you run into something unpredictable are more likely.




I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll