Facebook and MacGyver, I wonder if Mac would have a FB account
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Mela_007
Posted: 24 August 2013 - 09:32 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 346
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages; Humanity
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



MacGyver was very computer literate, but he was also rather private. I wonder if he would have bothered with a Facebook account?

I'm just annoyed at some family member's posts, so I began thinking about this.

What do you think? hmm.bmp



"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted: 24 August 2013 - 10:41 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Since his job is fairly sensitive in nature, I would have to say no. If he did, it would probably be super private with very few people on it... Jack, on the other hand, would have one. XD But, that's just my opinion. Could you imagine MacGyver on Facebook for hours addicted to something like Candy Crush? XD



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted: 24 August 2013 - 11:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I would have to say No as well.

As Mela said he was a very private person so I can't see him opening up his life to the world through facebook.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 24 August 2013 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I'd also say no. Mac just just didn't seem like the kind of person to spend time on any type of internet social networking. Especially something like Facebook or Twitter.

Lol, Jedi! Jack would probably be adding as many people as he could and spam everyone with "Like and add me/follow me!!! biggrin.gif "



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 24 August 2013 - 07:17 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



No chance. Between the nature of his work and his natural shyness, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have one.

Penny Parker, on the other hand... whistle.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mela_007
Posted: 25 August 2013 - 07:29 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 346
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages; Humanity
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Too funny! I can totally see both Jack and Penny having accounts!!! roller.gif Wonder what kind of trouble they would get themselves into online that Mac would have to get them out of? hmm.bmp

Computer virus?
Online scams?
etc???



"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 25 August 2013 - 08:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Mela_007 @ 25 August 2013 - 07:29 AM)
Too funny! I can totally see both Jack and Penny having accounts!!! roller.gif Wonder what kind of trouble they would get themselves into online that Mac would have to get them out of? hmm.bmp

Computer virus?
Online scams?
etc???

All of the above!
Neither of them can resist a bargain or a 'great opportunity' after all... whistle.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted: 25 August 2013 - 12:53 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I can totally see Penny getting sucked into one of those "Your computer has a virus" phone call scams. AND probably on MacGyver's computer.

Penny: Those people at Microsoft are so nice. They rang here yesterday to warn you that you had a virus on you're computer."

MacGyver: What?! Penny! That's a scam.

Penny: Oh no MacGyver; They we're really nice. They showed me how to install a...um... thing..."

MacGyver: Program?

Penny: Yeah that's it. A program. It let them control the computer so they could find the virus"

MacGyver jumping up out of his chair: "What!? On my computer? This computer here?"

Penny: "I was really proud of myself MacGyver. Cos I don't really know much about computers. I usually only look at facebook. You know I've got nearly 2000 friends on facebook and most of them I've never even met? I just love how easy it is to meet new friends on Facebook don't you MacGyver?"

MacGyver (trying to maintain his cool as he sits at his computer and starts looking through files): Penny! They took control of this computer??"

Penny: Yeah. It was kinda creepy to be honest. Like there was a ghost in it making it do stuff. You know? Like that movie where they person got sucked into the computer?"

MacGyver (interrupting her):They installed a back door program so they can use it whenever they want to."

Penny: "No they were too nice to do anything like that. I'm a pretty good judge of character MacGyver I can tell bad people you know and this lady wasn't a bad person and besides, why would they want to use your computer when they have their own?"

MacGyver (dropping his head into his arms on the table and mumbling under his breath): "I knew I should have put a password on it."





 
PM                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 25 August 2013 - 04:57 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



ROFL! roller.gif Poor Mac! That whole scenario was totally playing in my mind's eye.
Hey, Kiwi, how come we don't get to see fanfic from you? I sense lots of awesome one-shots!! biggrin.gif



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacCat
Posted: 25 August 2013 - 08:01 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 93
Joined: 1 Aug 2013
Gender:  Male
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  Observatory



Imagine Jack sending Mac those game requests on Facebook and saying; "What do you say, compadre?", with Mac replying; "Jack, what have you got me in this time?"

biggrin.gif

macsak.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mela_007
Posted: 26 August 2013 - 10:45 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 346
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages; Humanity
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I agree with Yope, Kiwi we should see your fanfics! That was FABULOUS!! LOL Right on with both Penny and Mac! I don't see Jack as sending Mac game requests (especially since I don't see Mac with a FB account), but I do see Jack getting sucked in by a moneymaking scheme or something similar. nasty.gif



"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

 
PM                                                                     
Top
YopeGyver
Posted: 26 August 2013 - 01:34 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,197
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Indiana
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



"But, Mac! This place is legit! I can feel it in my bones!

"Your bones are fibbing, Jack."

"But here, look at this just look. See here? It says over 1 million people have made their fortune selling this miracle planter."

"Jack, how many people have you actually seen planting flowers in their gutters?"

"They're not gutters! They're Miraculous Growers of Melodious Multitudes of Flowers. The MGMMF."



"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

✈ ✈ ✈
Art

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted: 26 August 2013 - 04:28 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



MacGyver: (struggling to contain his frustration) Jack; Where's the water going to go when it rains and the gutters are full of your "Miracle growers"?

Jack: A minor detail Mac. They can drill holes in the bottom to let the water out, or something... you'll work it out.

MacGyver: I'll work it out?

Jack: (mocking confusion) Didn't I tell you? I could have sworn I mentioned it.

MacGyver: No Jack! You didn't mention it!

Jack: Huh? I must have been overcome with the excitement. You know how I get when I'm excited. Anyway, since I'm a little strapped for cash I was thinking we could be partners.

MacGyver: (with a healthy dose of skepticism) Partners?

Jack: Sure. You provide the cash and engineering know-how and I'll provide the business brains.

MacGyver: Cash? How much are these things??

Jack: Only $350 for a start up kit. Just a drop in the ocean Mac my boy. With your brains and my business sense we'll be rolling in money in no time!

MacGyver: (losing his cool) Are you insane!!?? I'm not giving you $350 to blow on some internet scam to sell gutter planters!

Jack: Oh come on Mac.. It's fool proof!

MacGyver: No jack! It's not fool proof at all!! This is just another one of your hair-brained schemes to make a fast buck.

Jack: MacGyver, you wound me. I came here with a genuine business preposition for you and you shun me. Well Jack Dalton didn't come here to be shunned.

(jams his hat onto his head to punctuate his point)

I wouldn't shun you.

(starts walking off mumbling to himself)

Don't know why you'd shun me. Come here asking for help and get shunned. I'd never shun anyone....



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 26 August 2013 - 07:14 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



...And at this point Mac rolls his eyes skywards and gets sucked in! roller.gif
That's really good!



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted: 26 August 2013 - 10:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 25 August 2013 - 12:53 PM)
I can totally see Penny getting sucked into one of those "Your computer has a virus" phone call scams. AND probably on MacGyver's computer.


roller.gif That's Penny!



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mela_007
Posted: 27 August 2013 - 07:54 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 346
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages; Humanity
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



This is great!! You all are fabulous!! Kind of a running story with different authors adding to it, what a hoot! roller.gif

I wonder where Jack wants to try out the first project so Mac can figure out the engineering part...Jack often lives in a rented hangar and Mac either rents or has his houseboat. Hmmm....



"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted: 27 August 2013 - 06:51 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Mela_007 @ 27 August 2013 - 07:54 AM)
I wonder where Jack wants to try out the first project so Mac can figure out the engineering part...Jack often lives in a rented hangar and Mac either rents or has his houseboat. Hmmm....

Well, ideally he'd like to try it in Mac's house!

My guess would be that Mac would say, "No!" and they'd end up in a dusty, draughty corner of Jack's hangar. In there would also be Jack's latest restoration project and Mac would get so sidetracked tinkering with the half-built plane that he wouldn't get a thing done towards Jack's latest money making scheme...



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll