|
I think some jackets are tight when buckled, buttoned or zipped up were intentionally designed to be worn open. As has previously been mentioned MacGyver's black naked biker jacket and Michael Knight's Members Only looking black leather jacket. Another example is the jackets worn by the Colonial Viper Pilots on the original "Battlestar Galactica". They were always worn open / unbuckled. On the episode "Take the Celestra" Apollo told Starbuck to buckle up his jacket as they were going to meet a member of the Council of the Twelve. Just as Starbuck was about to buckle his jacket the sound of laser fire was heard in the hangar bay, he and Apollo ran to investigate and the jacket was never buckled up.
Now granted, the pilots wore their jackets buckled up on "Galactica 1980" but this was done in part because there were different actors playing different lead roles and they wanted there to be some differentiation between the original version and what was suppose to develop into a new series.

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver
"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver
"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver
"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank
|