Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft

So I found myself with some free time so I decided to watch the un-aired pilot episode of young Macgyver.

Have you guys seen it? Did anyone think it was canceled too soon like me?

I have to say that it did have some problems with it but I thought it had a ton of potential. I liked the feel of it better than the reboot. I guess I would of liked the reboot to be a continuation of Macgyver and not a totally new story.

I liked the fact that they had Pete's and Mac's picture on the wall. MacG.gif

The biggest problem is Clay being a Nephew of our Angus Macgyver but that could be explained better somehow or maybe make him to be an adopted son and Mac as his father. Even if RDA did not want to be on the show from time to time they could of had him talking on the phone or texting or emailing his father... and just never make a physical appearance like some shows do like Marris Crane in Frasier and then later if he ever changed his mind he steps right in...

I came up with this whole back story in my mind that Mac saved the kid and ended up adopting him and raising him as his own. Or perhaps Mac had another kid besides and Sam and after 1992 and Clay was his son's best friend and Clay spent his whole childhood over at the Macgyvers and Mac became like a father and taught him how to think like him. There are ways it could of been done.

Anyway...those are my two cents... It was canceled before it had a chance.

boohoo.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 29 July 2018 - 08:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
House:  House boat

I think most here generally like the concept of Young MacGyver despite it not having too much to do with the story arc of the main character it was based on. In many ways, I preferred Young MacGyver to MacGyver 2016.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 28 October 2018 - 10:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners
House:  House boat

I'm curious about this so I started it, but I don't have time to watch the whole thing now - the first 5 minutes had me groaning though - the fast food eating contest was ... dumb. Then this MacGyver kid rolls up to a police scene, possibly tampers with evidence (copy is blurry so not sure what he took) then disregards police and runs in to rescue people himself.

So far it rubs me the wrong way, but I only saw 5 minutes and I'll check in again when I have time to watch the whole episode.

Update: I finished it - and did not care for it. I was intrigued when I thought they were going the route of Smallville or Young Indiana Jones, so you would have the character in a more youth setting, but this elevates the Phoenix foundation to some DXS/military operation which for some reason has hired young macgyver... honestly I think the new one is better! doh.gif I can't believe I just said that laugh.gif

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll