As reported by multiple sources, MacGyver stunt coordinator, Justin Sundquist, was seriously injured while filming a stunt on Monday.
Sources quoted indicate that he was performing a stunt which involved transferring from one vehicle to another when he sustained a severe head injury which required him to be put into a medically induced coma. Reports out of the hospital on Thursday were that he is improving but remains unconscious.
This accident comes a year after Sundquist sued CBS for another injury on the set of Hawaii-Five-0, where he was hit by a car during a stunt. Deadline reports that the resulting law suit was settled out of court with part of the agreement being that he became stunt-coordinator on MacGyver this season.
What we know so far from other news sources:
- The accident happened on-set on Monday, Aug 20, 2018.
- The stunt involved Justin transferring from one vehicle to another.
- The accident resulting in Justin receiving a head injury.
- He was conscious after the accident but was later put into an induced coma.
- As of Thursday he was showing signs of improvement but remained in a coma
- Justin was involved in another accident last year on the set of Hawaii-Five-O.
- The H50 accident resulted in an out-of-court settlement with one of the agreements being that he would become Stunt Coordinator on MacGyver.