Home  >>  News  >>
 Anderson Says No To Reboot
 

Index

 
  
 
    
  

News

 
 

 

Anderson Says No To Reboot

July 28, 2016




Richard Dean Anderson has declined the invitation to appear on the CBS 'MacGyver' reboot.

In a statement made through his website dated July 25 he wrote...


"I'm not considering being a part of a project that has overlooked the insanely LOYAL FANS of the original character and has proceeded without considering how and why they all became and STAYED loyal fans...

Yes, I was asked, but no, I won't be involved in the MacGyver reboot. I have tried to recognize that there really is a balance to be found here. Hence, my loyalty to my fans."


The statement his RDA fans rejoicing with many reflecting similar sentiments against the reboot saying he's wise to leave it alone.  While other fans are wondering what exactly it is that he's referring to and if he's aware of the changes which have been made to try and bridge the original show with this new incarnation or whether he's based his decision on the, now defunct, first attempt.

The invitation for Anderson to join the show was announced by Executive Producer, Peter Lenkov at Thursday's San-Diego-Comic-Con 'MacGyver' panel where in response to being asked if anyone had  talked to the original stars Lenkov quickly responded that they had reached out to Richard to ask him to appear on the show.

There has so far been no response from Lenkov or the CBS team.



    




comments powered by Disqus