Production No.: 40191-006
Airdate: 17 November 1985
Director: John Florea
Writer: Judy Burns
Nielsen Ratings: 15.8 rating / 22 share / 3rd (36th overall)
While trying to find a lake he and his father once fished at as a child, MacGyver stumbles into a hostage situation at a small private airstrip where a gang of criminals have stolen an armored truck full of money and are waiting at the airport for a charter flight so they can escape with the money.
MacGyver is drawn into the mix when he tries to save the guard in the back of the truck from being blown up but ends up locked in a freezer racing against time to not only free himself from a chilly death but also to stop the criminals from escaping with the money.
- The MacGyverism of using the bike to make the thermite torch was sent in to the show by an 11-year-old girl.
- This was the first episode to be filmed without an opening gambit
- The plane in this episode is the same plane Richard Dean Anderson is leaning on in the opening credits as his name appears on the screen.
- The planes tail number is N3807S
- The call sign used by the pilot of the plane when he called in to report an electrical fault was Baron Zero Seven Sierra.
- MacGyver can’t fly helicopters
- I can’t stand in judgment of you Dave; I’m not perfect… yet – MacGyver
- What’s that? – Turk
Lateral Cranial Impact Enhancer *whack* – MacGyver
- I won’t even ask why they’re going to run outside – Kelly
Faith my dear – MacGyver
- I’ll cut through that door like a hot knife through butter. – MacGyver
- Let’s not fight over me boys – MacGyver
- This is one of those times when you go one way or the other and the rest of your life depends on which way you went – Elias
- I can’t fly that chopper – Dave
You won’t fly it. And that’s different – Kelly
- They killed a man. I give a damn about that – MacGyver
- MacGyver extinguishes the thermite torch (used to open the armored car) by pushing the end into the dirt. This wouldn’t work as thermite reactions use the oxygen from the metal oxide, not the air.
- When Macs making the fertilizer bombs we see him take the engine start off the shelf twice (same shot). but in between these shots, it’s clearly seen on the bench beside him.
- When Mac gets the R/C plan down in the diner his shirt is dark green with Chinese type collar. When he runs outside with the plane his shirt has suddenly changed to a light gray shirt with a normal collar.
- The coffee mug with HELP written in it changes colors from white and light yellow between camera angles