Production No.: 40191-020
Airdate: 16 April 1986
Writers: Fred McKnight & Stephen Kandel
Director: Don Chaffey
Nielsen Ratings: 15.7 rating / 25 share / 1st (21st overall)
MacGyver’s elaborate plot to spring a missionary from a North African jail works perfectly… until MacGyver discovers that nothing is as it seems.
- This episode was the first time Richard Dean Anderson and John De Lancie had met. They went on to be good friends and worked together on ‘Legend’ and ‘Stargate: SG-1’ TV series.
- Kristina Wayborn was the ‘Bond Girl’ beside Roger Moore’s James Bond in Octopussy. She shares this distinction with Teri Hatcher, who was a bond girl in Tomorrow Never Dies with Pierce Brosnan.
- The prison MacGyver breaks out of is called ‘Harosh Prison’.
- This episode is the first time we MacGyver specifically tells someone to call him “Mac”.
- Let me tell you something comrade I’ve never hit a woman before, but you came darn close. ~MacGyver
- Brother Brian wasn’t giving away any bargains. Some of this stuff probably dates from the Boer War. ~MacGyver
- Fuad, you are one miserable son of a diseased camel. ~MacGyver
- He gives that same speech to every foreigner that comes in here. It’s only 80% true. ~Francois Villars
- Only three sorts of American end up here. Drug dealers, soldiers of fortune or madmen. I want to know which. So I can use him or get ride of him. ~Khan
- The can only lock me up, not my mind. ~MacGyver
- You can look, but you can’t touch. The little hint of blue which prisoners call – the sky. ~Francois Villars
- Listen, I hope your taking this personally. ~MacGyver
- You’re a sweetheart Brian. Thanks. ~MacGyver
- The Montgolfier brothers MacGyver refers to as the first men to fly over Paris actually only made the balloon. The pilots of said balloon were in fact Jean-François Pilatre de Rozier and François Laurent.
- When Mac fixes Khan’s stereo, he opens up the chassis and starts adjusting capacitors. But to fix the phase on a stereo, all you need to do is swap the wires between positive and negative on one of the speaker.
- When MacGyver finds Brian’s car he reaches in the window to take the keys. When Sara comes back for the car the windows are up.